60k repair bill!

Osryri

As someone whose character can stealth during a wipe so doesn't take damage to death, the new repair bills are making me feel awful guilty. When some members of a wiped party are having to pay 10s of 1,000s in repair costs and my own repair bill is to the tune of a couple of 100, that really seems incredibly unfair. I'm not looking forward to the day the wipe is down to some error I have made...all of us can lose concentration for a moment, but never has it had such harsh penalties.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ This.

These comments are incredible. The number of people insulting others for DARING to want to have fun. I mean, the nerve of enjoying a game, what is the world coming to?? What. The. F**k.

Didnt you know, They are "hard core" gamers.:D

run Karon Under Siege with a full group of fresh level 50's. See what happens.

Been there, not had any issues, simply telling them what to do before hand seems to work pretty well i've discovered, some pugs will listen amazingly, also 60k repairs if you are running kaon for gear tells me that you don't have 61/63 gear so thats what 15 wipes ? I don't even try NMM Kephess that many times in one run lol.

Been there, not had any issues, simply telling them what to do before hand seems to work pretty well i've discovered, some pugs will listen amazingly, also 60k repairs if you are running kaon for gear tells me that you don't have 61/63 gear so thats what 15 wipes ? I don't even try NMM Kephess that many times in one run lol.

I think the OP had some 61 gear so let's guess his repair bill is about 5k tops.

If his bill came to 60k total then he wiped 12 times doing HM Kaon.

60k total then he wiped 12 times doing HM Kaon.

he wiped 12 times doing HM Kaon.

wiped 12 times doing HM Kaon.

I think that really speaks for itself doesn't it?

I think the OP had some 61 gear so let's guess his repair bill is about 5k tops.

If his bill came to 60k total then he wiped 12 times doing HM Kaon.

60k total then he wiped 12 times doing HM Kaon.

he wiped 12 times doing HM Kaon.

wiped 12 times doing HM Kaon.

I think that really speaks for itself doesn't it?

Yep it does. It says rampant speculation and assumption on your part.

I use Legacy gear. Two pieces are rated 140(mods from Rakata gear) 3 are rated at 136 and the rest are 126. Weapon is 136 and generator is 126. again the repair cost came from only 4 wipes. Gear wasnt even red.

Edited by Osryri

I use Legacy gear. Two pieces are rated 140(mods from Rakata gear) 3 are rated at 136 and the rest are 126. Weapon is 136 and generator is 126. again the repair cost came from only a few wipes. Gear wasnt even red.

From what some of the other reports are saying the legacy gear has had the biggest jump in repair costs, massive really. Low-level orange shells seem to be slightly more reasonable in repair costs. It's in no way a good option, because they should fix this, but if you're going to be running, it might be worth it to shift your mods over to a different shell till this gets fixed.

45-60 minutes might be all the time working people have to play per day. You need to re-read this thread. You've completely missed the point.

Because you've completely missed the point. "Do more dailies" is the silly statement in this thread, made exclusively by people without lives and careers.

Or people who are tooooooo narrow minded to not realize that lower repair costs are good everyone actually playing the game.

Folks... this is a game. You should be playing to have fun. If you have to allocate any substantial portion of your time within the game to do activities that you hate/dislike ( aka dailys for some)... you are doing it wrong. Now, there are some out there ( many in this forums) who feel the game is also an avenue for personal growth, an expression of a super-self that is helps them deal with/ignore their real self, an unequivocal expression of political and moral values as well as character markings... OMG. Get a life.

This repair cost increase, as minute as it maybe for some, doesn't help anyone. Why would you come here and take any other stance.... unless you just like to troll/ argue for the sake of doing so or you are financially benefiting from making such posts in some way...

Edited by TheIrage

From what some of the other reports are saying the legacy gear has had the biggest jump in repair costs, massive really. Low-level orange shells seem to be slightly more reasonable in repair costs. It's in no way a good option, because they should fix this, but if you're going to be running, it might be worth it to shift your mods over to a different shell till this gets fixed.

Then this is a massive issue since customizing your character to look the way you want to look shouldn't be a penalty. The social and legacy armor was a large selling point in the game and yet I should suffer financially because I dont want to look like a clone of every other player in my class. Simple solution is to cancel my sub until this is fixed. I'm not going to fork over money to a poorly managed game company.

Then this is a massive issue since customizing your character to look the way you want to look shouldn't be a penalty. The social and legacy armor was a large selling point in the game and yet I should suffer financially because I dont want to look like a clone of every other player in my class. Simple solution is to cancel my sub until this is fixed. I'm not going to fork over money to a poorly managed game company.

I agree that it does penalize customizing your character. I won't be cancelling my sub, but I understand why people are. It's the last straw for a lot of people.

I agree that it does penalize customizing your character. I won't be cancelling my sub, but I understand why people are. It's the last straw for a lot of people.

I just think at this point, this company will not listen or respond until they feel the effect on their wallet.

Anyone racking up 60K in repair bills during a single FP ~ needs to do some dailies, just for the practice.

Are people not understanding the issue here ??

What part of this is a game not a job don't you guys like this poster don't understand ?? Certain people might not have a problem with daily grind (like me) but many do, and what better way to burn someone out than repetition , without cause for pause?? This not the way to go about making credit sinks...EA has destroyed that option with a poorly implemented cash shop, so now they take it out on repairs?? And for the record ..I can afford it..as I stated I don't mind the grind, but I feel for everyone else that hates being forced to do this.

I have read your thread, starting with the OP. It's either a troll thread or you believe that you've "paid enough credits" to be able to waltz through a HM.

I wouldn't say that I am a hardcore player. I wipe quite frequently. In fact I wipe on purpose just to travel to a med center if my QT is on CD. I pay repair bills everytime I see a vender. I've actually incurred repair bills just walking between two venders ~ without ever wiping or entering combat. And I've wiped a great many times while showing new players the ropes in HM FPs.

Where I don't wipe is in HM FPs while grouped with 3 players who have the free Tionese gear and actually know the boss fight mechanics.

If a "few" wipes are costing you 60K there are a limited number of possibilities.

1. You are in super expensive gear & wiping on content that you are grossly overgeared for.

~ or ~

2. You are wiping a LOT more than a "few" times, on content that you don't have the skill or knowledge for.

~ or ~

3. You are waiting to repair your gear until pieces fall off, which is the product of a lot more than a "few" wipes.

~ or ~

4. You and your group mates are ignoring the fight mechanics and expecting your gear to let you faceroll a boss.

If you like to wipe ~ by all means wipe away!

Otherwise...do some dailies until your bank/gear/ & skill are up to where you're not causing 3 other players to wipe in a FP and getting yourself blocked/ votekicked/ or gkicked.

Are you paying the repair bills for those other 3 players as well? For some reason I highly doubt it.

You don't do the dailies for the credits ~ you do them for the practice, warmup, & the comms. Credits are just a byproduct.

If you were not trying to short circuit the gear progression by jumping straight from the free Tionese to BH gear & skipping the dailies you might have noticed that some pieces of BH gear are a questionable upgrade. You would also be sitting on a fat wad of credits from the dailies. And you would have also learned by now that skill>gear in any of the Tier I HM FPs.

~EDIT~ You're complaining that your legacy gear cost too much to repair? Well NO kidding. You burned all your credits buying modable legacy gear! Where did you get the credits to blow on that?

~EDIT~ You're complaining that your legacy gear cost too much to repair? Well NO kidding. You burned all your credits buying modable legacy gear! Where did you get the credits to blow on that?

You do realize you make no sense, correct? It doesn't matter where they got the legacy gear - either through credits or through drops. The point is that repairing legacy gear is extremely costly at the moment.

You do realize you make no sense, correct? It doesn't matter where they got the legacy gear - either through credits or through drops. The point is that repairing legacy gear is extremely costly at the moment.

and . . . . . . . . this ^

Are people not understanding the issue here ??

Oh I do understand the issue. And I'm trying to be nice about it. But ~ Some people are too lazy to have fun.

"The content is Soooo hard that I can't eat my icecream & play a game at the same time."

"I want everything that drops in the 16man Ops ~ without having to be friendly"

"I wanna be able to do everything right NAO, unsub, & go back to my FPS game until the next patch"

If you can't afford the repair bills you're not participating in anything besides what the GF has to offer. If that's all you came for - you may as well quit now. If that's all your going to contribute to the success of the other players in your groups ~ I'm not surprised you feel that everything is a grind.

Success in this game comes from playing as a group. The drops are improved, and your gear doesn't get damaged as quickly. Have ONE daily night a month where you and 3 other people "raid" the dailies as a team & you'll accumulate the credits to finance a whole lot of HM FPs & SM OPs. Putting together a group to do this with is not difficult, and you'll make some new friends everytime you do it.

There are numerous solutions to the "I haz no credits problem" ~ and none of them require much commitment of time or friendliness.

1) If you are subbed & have a security key - you can buy an armor set from the CC shop every other month & then GTN the pieces for 300K to 500K.

2) do 30 minutes worth of space mission dailies for about 45K

3) do 30 minutes worth of dailies for about 60K ~ after modable gear drops are vendered on the GTN

4) sell crafted stuff on the GTN for a fair price & make 45K every day with 10min of effort

5) do HM FPs without wiping & vender the drops.

6) do SM False Emperor in green gear drops & vender the drops from the FP.

1 & 4 ~ require almost no effort at all

2 ~ the solution for antisocial mysanthropes

3 & 6 ~ go blazing fast with a group of geared players

5 ~ should be everyone's primary goal when they queue in GF

Some of these things can be done simultaneously. Set companions to run short crew missions before doing a space daily? Run 5 crew missions everytime you see "return to mission terminal" pop up as the next mission objective?

If those credit sources are not fast enough for you - gear up for the heroic space missions & sell the mats from the grade 8 crafting box you'll get every week. 1 heroic space mission per day ~ 4 to 7min per day = 50K to 300K each week. (you must actually list the STABs for a price where they will sell)

The real issue here is how BW let this sort of whining result in the following bad things.

1) loss of the repair credit sink ~ inflated the price of everything on the GTN ~ making it useless to new players

2) HM bosses getting nerfed ~ contributed to complaints that the content wasn't challenging enough

3) Allowing "safe paths" through FPs ~ when the trash drops & extra boss drops will cover your repair costs

4) Putting BMAs in CC packs ~ they went from being a drop worth 25K to being worth less than 5K overnight

5) Free Tionese gear ~ when earning it was part of what made HM's fun & taught the skill for HM's & OPs

6) Augment Kits ~ Inflated the gear gap between established & newer players, reinforced the belief that gear> skill & cooperation.

If you still have a problem with the new repair cost ~

1) put your mods in some cheap shells from low level heroics & SM FPs that will take you no time to solo with a geared 50.

2) focus on getting at least one toon into a position to be a real credit farm.

3) subscribe so you have more options for earning credits

3) quit playing the game

You do realize that the only modable legacy gear came from....

1) events - where a ton of credits were earned ~ and the gear was bought with event comms from completing those missions, or by grinding the hell out of the event currency.

2) the legacy vender on the capital world where the pieces are bought with massive amounts of credits

So at some point they either had a PILE of credits or did some serious grinding..... The OP is complaining that they misspent their time/credits. Whose fault is that?

People seem to be missing the big picture...

This is a game. Games are supposed to be fun. Grinding the same old crap day in and day out isn't fun. But every answer here has been to grind more dailies.

It really isn't about how easy credits are to get. I'd rather do things I enjoy than spend 5 hours a week grinding out dailies just to cover repair costs.

I also find it hilarious that some people think this game requires any skill. All it requires is learning a fights mechanics and executing them near flawlessly. If repair costs are too high for people who play casually or who only enjoy Ops to push their skill to the next level through HM's or NiM's the game will lose players. Many people learn best by doing and if you make the doing too expensive then you remove any interest in doing.

It doesn't take much to push people away from a game. Boredom is not the thing you want to be responsible for killing your player base and I can't think of anything more boring than endless grinding of dailies.

...oh forget it. I'm done with these illogical peons.

I'm with you there.

Imagine if you had to milk the cown and scratch make your own ice cream just to enjoy, when we have commercial businesses for that.....makes us lazy I suppose when we buy a pint of Ben & Jerry's.