Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

Please, stop saying what other people need to do or do not.

Stop saying for other people dude.

People dont need anything except have fun for thieir money. They dont "need to learn" anything. They just playing for fun.

Who forbid you formed a group, and play? No one. No one of solo queuers dont forbid you playing in group.

Solo queuers wanna just their own queue. Be respect to their rights like they respect YOUR right play in YOUR group - seperate from them.

If you dont respect them, they are dont respect you.

You want play in group - go play in group.

Other people who solo queue simply dont want play in group, and dont want play against your group. So go play with anybody who want play with you and who want play against you.

Cuz solo queuers dont care about you, they want play with and against other solo queuers, not with you. This is MMO dude - players playng vs other players. This term means nothing except this.

i agree ... 10/10.... pvp is broken ... pugs without healers cannot never win against premade with 1-2 healers + tank ... so we need separate queue for premades, or force premade queueing only for ranked games .... or we need better matchmaking where every pug ops get 2healers, 1 tank, rest dps /ofc 1 stealther for node guarding/ ....

pvp is really not fun ... maybe this system was fun last year in january when game was realeased, not now ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bump because this is STILL an obvious and crucial problem. Without adequate matchmaking, cross server function and at worst a clear separation/barrier for full on PUG and full on Premade groups PvP will eventually die. No amount of content updates can fix the horrendously bitter and player repelling experience that is Premade Vs Pug play. It needs to be phased out, I offer a quote to those whom argue that Premade Vs Pug holds any merit whatsoever besides effectively repelling it's players. :

Originally Posted by Theodulus

What I don't get is what all these pro pvpers that run premades in unranked are so afraid of. What evils can come from separating PUGs from premades in unranked? You let the so called scrubs be bad in solo queue while you can improve yourself by queuing against other premades. I just don't get why you keep saying it's a MMO and that solo queuers should get a 4 man premade before being allowed to queue for PvP. Guess what, you have the ranked queue where you can get 8 friends together to do some awesome PvP and better yourself by playing against better people. Oh your gear isn't augmented war hero? I thought you just said you became a better player by competing against better players. A gear handicap should just make the warzone more exciting for you!

I thought the devs have promised to introduce some new matchmaking system ? (but as always, did not specify the date :D ) But as i see this thread still exists, so... premades vs pugs problem... again. gg Bioware

And yes, i'm fully agree with TonyDragonflame's post.

Edited by VasKur

• 2 weeks later...

Things seem to now be back to where they were before the 2.0 patch. Random PUG teams consisting of casual players and casual guilds are often up against single or dual premades from competitive guilds. Since the matching system doesn't seem able to produce a cohesive team the matches are entirely lopsided. While the premade has tank/heals/dps the random pug team is usually dps based and most times lacking any healers.

I don't know if the devs are still entertaining the notion that a randomly thrown together players can out perform an organized team but if this were poker it would be like the premade knowing it always has a full house while the the pug team draws it's from the deck.

Things seem to now be back to where they were before the 2.0 patch. Random PUG teams consisting of casual players and casual guilds are often up against single or dual premades from competitive guilds. Since the matching system doesn't seem able to produce a cohesive team the matches are entirely lopsided. While the premade has tank/heals/dps the random pug team is usually dps based and most times lacking any healers.

I don't know if the devs are still entertaining the notion that a randomly thrown together players can out perform an organized team but if this were poker it would be like the premade knowing it always has a full house while the the pug team draws it's from the deck.

Yep. Still a pretty big problem that the queue really fails to have any kind of matchmaking system. I'll say it's a little better than it was pre-2.0, simply because the gear advantage isn't what it once was. I'm not seeing 14k health sorcs going up against 28k warriors for instance. That's not to say there still isn't a small gear (or bolster) advantage going on, but it's not making lopsided matches even more lopsided.

My competitive premade (Not super leet pro or anything) always gets exceptionally bad pugs on my team and we always go against the four man premades of the people who left the guild I'm playing with now.

On my server, bad pugs seem to be ruining it.

Coming back to PVP after a long break I see that pre-mades still rule the roost.

A night consisting of an unbroken string of losses isn't terribly thrilling. You can tell you're up against a pre-made because they're too well-coordinated. They know where you are and where you're hitting and they swoop in and pounce. It's too precise to be a PUG team.

I'm stunned that Bioware still hasn't kicked pre-mades out of the solo queue. It is called "solo" queue, after all.

Coming back to PVP after a long break I see that pre-mades still rule the roost.

A night consisting of an unbroken string of losses isn't terribly thrilling. You can tell you're up against a pre-made because they're too well-coordinated. They know where you are and where you're hitting and they swoop in and pounce. It's too precise to be a PUG team.

I'm stunned that Bioware still hasn't kicked pre-mades out of the solo queue. It is called "solo" queue, after all.

We don't solo queue, we group queue. It's a secret option that comes up when you're grouped with friends and want to warzone. Don't tell other players about it though, because it's obviously cheating.

Sarcasm aside, the point remains. Groups have no place going up against solo queuers. It's an unfair match-up. Groups versus groups and solo versus solo.

I can't think of any game that prevents players from playing as groups. Hell, even games like Halo or Planetside allow players to group up.

And keep in mind, not all guilds that PvP together are elite warzone addicts that just want to wave our epeens around. Some of us would rather just play casually with friends.

Keep in mind that servers aren't exactly overflowing with members at the moment. We now have THREE brackets for PvP as it is (a huge mistake in my opinion). Four if you include ranked. Splitting the three standard into six (1 variant each for solo and grouped) would mean seven brackets. Queues would be insanely long!

Keep in mind that servers aren't exactly overflowing with members at the moment. We now have THREE brackets for PvP as it is (a huge mistake in my opinion). Four if you include ranked. Splitting the three standard into six (1 variant each for solo and grouped) would mean seven brackets. Queues would be insanely long!

Solo players dont care how long will be queue for premades.

But I can promise, what solo only queue will be fast :o

This game looks like piece of sh*t for individual players, when you play solo pug and everytime meet on regular wz high ranked premade on opposite side.

This game looks like piece of sh*t for individual players, when you play solo pug and everytime meet on regular wz high ranked premade on opposite side.

Queues on my server can often take 30 min during prime time. Take away any group queue amd that time will only increase

oh no a MMORPG isn't as fun when you solo. You might want to try something called a RPG. It seems it will be more suited for you and your play style. Premades are not ruining warzones, if anything they make them better. And Yes I always solo queued when I played this game. What ruined this games pvp was Bioware listening to the nerf cries and the constant crying about gear gaps. This game pvp was at its best at launch up til 1.1.5 The only issue That ever needed to be addressed was stacking of adrenals and relics.

Jenna'syyde

What I find funny is how pugs believe that they always have a team of 8 pugs vs. 2 OP pvp guild premades all the time. I also find it funny that pugs blame all of there losses on premades. I guess everytime I play a wz it's always premades vs. pugs. I guess the pugs never ever get one premade. I guess premades never get pugs on there team. I guess every premade is also on voice coms, maxed gear, and we love farming pugs. Get over yourselves. Every team has premades and pugs. Just that some premades and pugs are better than other players.

Hell, I remember one time I was in an all-PUG huttball vs an 8-man premade of our servers best PvP guild. Not sure *** happened, but we beat them by a long shot. Was kinda funny, at the post-match scoreboard, all the green was on the bottom, which seldomly happens

What I find funny is how pugs believe that they always have a team of 8 pugs vs. 2 OP pvp guild premades all the time. I also find it funny that pugs blame all of there losses on premades. I guess everytime I play a wz it's always premades vs. pugs. I guess the pugs never ever get one premade. I guess premades never get pugs on there team. I guess every premade is also on voice coms, maxed gear, and we love farming pugs. Get over yourselves. Every team has premades and pugs. Just that some premades and pugs are better than other players.

If you queue solo it's slightly more likely to end up in PUG than a premade, simply because a game with a 4 man premade has 4 available slots that you've to beat other solo queuers to be in, while a total PUG game have 7 slots for you to join. This means for the solo queuer, the quality of your team is going to be slightly below the average that your side fields. Yes there are bad premades too but generally speaking premades are slightly stronger than 4 random guys.

Also, a premade will never backfill a game in progress, at least I've never seen this happen. Since backfill in games in progress tend to be games where that team is losing badly, this means the premade will see less 'bad' games, at the expense of having less games overall. This isn't necessarily a good thing, as one of the fastest source of comms is to join a game that's about to end in 2 minutes, get 4 medals for say 30 comms. That'd be an equivalent of 150 medals in a 10 minute game, which is not even achieveable as the max comms is 140 + MVP votes.

If one is paranoid, a good strategy would be to just queue up with any random other guy. This will at least ensure you don't end up joining a game where the other side already capped all 3 turrets, or the dreaded siren warning while you're loading Voidstar.

If you queue solo it's slightly more likely to end up in PUG than a premade, simply because a game with a 4 man premade has 4 available slots that you've to beat other solo queuers to be in, while a total PUG game have 7 slots for you to join. This means for the solo queuer, the quality of your team is going to be slightly below the average that your side fields. Yes there are bad premades too but generally speaking premades are slightly stronger than 4 random guys.

Also, a premade will never backfill a game in progress, at least I've never seen this happen. Since backfill in games in progress tend to be games where that team is losing badly, this means the premade will see less 'bad' games, at the expense of having less games overall. This isn't necessarily a good thing, as one of the fastest source of comms is to join a game that's about to end in 2 minutes, get 4 medals for say 30 comms. That'd be an equivalent of 150 medals in a 10 minute game, which is not even achieveable as the max comms is 140 + MVP votes.

If one is paranoid, a good strategy would be to just queue up with any random other guy. This will at least ensure you don't end up joining a game where the other side already capped all 3 turrets, or the dreaded siren warning while you're loading Voidstar.

I don't know where it is listed but BW confirmed that they put premades on every team.

LOL... this is still going?

Competition, teamwork and skill is ruining online gaming...

Noted.

With the new bolster system, they are (trying) to put players on an even playing field. Kind of like doing multiplayer in Halo or something of the like. In those types of games you can't enter a team match with a premade team because that would - oh **** I broke my argument

With the new bolster system, they are (trying) to put players on an even playing field. Kind of like doing multiplayer in Halo or something of the like. In those types of games you can't enter a team match with a premade team because that would - oh **** I broke my argument

LOL'd... nicely done.