Is Anyone else disappointed with the end kotet? {SPOILERS}

Peetspoon

Ok, please correct me if I'm wrong:

Our hero makes all the effort to get that Holocron, and then Vitiate father comes out, and obviously he would be no match for him, cause you know, he killed him when he was 10, so yeah, pointless effort, but sure at least he tried something. Now Valkorion is inside our mind, we have to fight Arcann and Vaylin again, only for them to be brought back again, and then turned against Valkorion, then we ally and fight him, only to prove that he is to powerful, and then suddenly our hero realizes " My mind, my rules"? Seriously, soooo, Tenebrae, Vitiate, Valkorion, what ever, is more then 1000 years old , is studied and mastered the dark side more then everyone else, can bend your will, he could transfer his consciousness and power from people to people at his will, he consumed two planets, as far as I know, and yeah I know is not dead dead, but technically lost his powers and is out with the mere sentence "My mind my rules"? After all his legacy, he gets inside a mind, that I belive he did many many times, and is overruled like that? Did BioWare and Electronic Arts let J.J Abrams write the end of this? I would expect we would have to learn some sort of Dark Ritual or something like taht to bring him down, I mean, after he lived so long and learn so much and gain so much power I would assume right? I might be missing some detail to this please let me know!

But just really disappointed!

It definitely felt a bit rushed, and as such, probably didn't quite live up to its full potential. A lot of the elements were there, but the execution made them feel a bit anticlimactic, IMO, especially given how long we'd been dogging the heels of "Tenebrae"; it was interesting to see how his character had evolved, but I feel like things came off a bit inconsistent...it would've at least been nice to see how things played out a bit more from his end.

I did think it was an anti-climactic end to the character that had been built up as so old and powerful for so long, but I think the implication was not that the Outlander suddenly realized it was "their mind, their rules" and could have done that any time. But that the fight with Vaylin, Arcann and the Outlander was what weakened Valkorion enough for the Outlander to overpower him and reassert control.

I did think it was an anti-climactic end to the character that had been built up as so old and powerful for so long, but I think the implication was not that the Outlander suddenly realized it was "their mind, their rules" and could have done that any time. But that the fight with Vaylin, Arcann and the Outlander was what weakened Valkorion enough for the Outlander to overpower him and reassert control.

well yeah, but why would defeating them would make him weaker? Sure absorbing there powers made him stronger, but he should be all powerful even without them right? I just feel like using the "Kneel before the Dragon of Zakuul" think its ridiculous, because he was never bound by that. I fell like the time wasted getting that Holocron, would have been so much better if it contained the secret Sorcery that he used for the ritual, and somehow we would learn how to reverse it through some lost archives of Sith scholars, or something on that path!

Edited by Peetspoon

It definitely felt a bit rushed, and as such, probably didn't quite live up to its full potential. A lot of the elements were there, but the execution made them feel a bit anticlimactic, IMO, especially given how long we'd been dogging the heels of "Tenebrae"; it was interesting to see how his character had evolved, but I feel like things came off a bit inconsistent...it would've at least been nice to see how things played out a bit more from his end.

I know Right? He is a really important character in the whole Star Wars universe, is achievements where astonishing, plus he builds a completely new and even more powerful empire, without anyone knowing, and then it all ends just like that?

It's so disappointing!

I just feel like using the "Kneel before the Dragon of Zakuul" think its ridiculous, because he was never bound by that. I fell like the time wasted getting that Holocron!

I liked the "my mind, my rules" bit, actually, but at the same time, the Holocron was kinda superfluous, yeah. Dramath was all "you need this because you do!" and then we kinda didn't.

well yeah, but why would defeating them would make him weaker? Sure absorbing there powers made him stronger, but he should be all powerful even without them right? I just feel like using the "Kneel before the Dragon of Zakuul" think its ridiculous, because he was never bound by that. I fell like the time wasted getting that Holocron, would have been so much better if it contained the secret Sorcery that he used for the ritual, and somehow we would learn how to reverse it through some lost archives of Sith scholars, or something on that path!

I meant the fight with all three of them against Valkorion is what made him weaker.

I liked the "my mind, my rules" bit, actually, but at the same time, the Holocron was kinda superfluous, yeah. Dramath was all "you need this because you do!" and then we kinda didn't.

Yeah that didn't really make sense. Did we even really use the holocron? In the final fight, we only used a mental representation of it in the Outlander's mind.

Edited by OldVengeance

I spacebar through that whole chapter, it's all so over the top I can't handle it. I don't even understand why running around as Valkorian and reliving his memories are supposed to remind me of who I am, let alone anything else that comes after.

Just relieved when I manage to get through it and be done. I'm only surprised the building wasn't collapsing and Theron wasn't screaming at me to get out of there like usual.

I spacebar through that whole chapter, it's all so over the top I can't handle it. I don't even understand why running around as Valkorian and reliving his memories are supposed to remind me of who I am, let alone anything else that comes after.

Urgh.... I hated that part. I thought I'd get my memories, back from the original storylines (much like you fight two unique enemies back in Chapter 2 of KotFE - enemies from your past). But nooo, apparently someone is just that lazy and instead we get a recap from Valk. "Blah-blah, I was poking you with a stick and you resisted, blah, blah, I pretended to abandon you but I didn't and it was my cunning plan, blah..." I didn't give a **** about you leaving, I wouldn't have even noticed if you hadn't told me! Seriously, Valk makes such a big deal of "pretending to abandon you back in Chapter 12" but I couldn't care less.

The only good thing in the chapter was when you are riding an elevator to the throne room and Valk starts blabbing about your current companions and how they are going to betray you. I had Senya and Arcann with me, Valk was just getting on my nerves so I threatened to just hand the throne back to Arcann just to spite Valk. The most amusing thing is his response "You wouldn't dare". Not "Ha-ha, nice joke". The phrase and the way it's delivered make it sound like he actually fears you'd go through with it :D

It would have been nice to have an option to turn to Arcann and just go "Changed my mind, kid. You can have your fancy chair back. I have places to be."

Must say after I went through it with my Smuggler I felt bit relieved it is done but also can't help but feel unsatisfied for some reason. Made me wonder if I should even go through with my other classes through the entire thing again. Also I wanted to not take the throne but seems they never thought of that and decided to give you the throne and make you choose how you rule.

Yeah, while I really enjoyed playing KOTET, I didn't like a few things about the ending: 1) it seemed very rushed, 2) there was no choice about taking the throne, and 3) the deus-ex-machina solution for destroying Valkorion ("My mind, my rules!") was weird. I also wish there was a chance to help Vaylin as well instead of marking her as unredeemable and killing her off.

Yeah, while I really enjoyed playing KOTET, I didn't like a few things about the ending: 1) it seemed very rushed, 2) there was no choice about taking the throne, and 3) the deus-ex-machina solution for destroying Valkorion ("My mind, my rules!") was weird. I also wish there was a chance to help Vaylin as well instead of marking her as unredeemable and killing her off.

1) It did.

2) There wasn't :(

3) Was that the solution for destroying Valkorion. I thought the "My mind, my rules" wasn't so much that it destroys him, but rather it allows you to actually fight him on a more even footing.

4) She was written in such a way, she wanted to die. We got plenty of chances to actually TRY and save her, she just turned them away every time. She wanted to die. Life was just that terrible for her.