Hahaha Legacy Storage only has 5 tabs for 50 million credits

Transairion

its like if you owned a printing shop. the printing press you have costs you 5 credits a day to operste. you can buy the brand new computerized press for 50 million credits but it wont do anything your current press can do and it will not bring in any new customers....it would save the 5 credits per day. you would have to print for 10 million days yo break even....is it worth it? not really.

Ding. The target customer base can afford to buy it. We just don't have a reason to buy it.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I thought guild ships were overpriced. But, if this is the cost of legacy storage for an individual, maybe the guild ships should cost more like 250 million.

Ridonk. 50 million is crazy talk for someone who plays casually. If that person also happens to like using alts and whatnot... :mad:

Another middle finger at casuals from BW.

It's simple really.

I made a personal balance weighing the advantages vs the costs while looking at other functionalities and their costs in SWTOR and remembering experiences I had in other games as well. I am allowed to do this as a person.

My personal decision is that I find that the PTS costs are too high compared to the benefits. The reason for this is not necessarily the price in credits itself, but what it takes to get that.

So, my personal view is that they should lower the costs OR make other activities than boring dailies similarly rewarding as dailies so that we have a VARIETY in how we can make these credits. Not crafting because that's not a reliable source of income like dailies are, especially if everybody starts crafting because then the market crashes.

Anyone who thinks that I want it for free needs to go back to school and take comprehensive reading classes.

Anyone who thinks that I shouldn't ask for price reductions can frak off and die because you don't get to tell me what I want (Sorry for being crude but I am rather fed up with people trying to tell me what I do or do not need).

It's my personal opinion and in any economic decision I am very much allowed to negotiate what I (Me, myself and I) find a reasonable price.

If after the negotiation I am not happy with the result, then I will vote with my wallet.

That's it.

My view, my freedom to negotiate and complain, my wallet.

Edited by Tsillah

Well, I thought guild ships were overpriced. But, if this is the cost of legacy storage for an individual, maybe the guild ships should cost more like 250 million.

Ridonk. 50 million is crazy talk for someone who plays casually. If that person also happens to like using alts and whatnot... :mad:

Another middle finger at casuals from BW.

Agreed. Absolutely crazy. An update that is so over priced it ruins everything about it imo.

I copied all my characters on PTS and decided to throw all my mats across all these toons in my fully upgraded Legacy Storage. It required all 5 bays and yet it still wasn't enough to store everything (less than 20 slots left, far from enough for all my bio mats).

So not only it is way overpriced (and I don't have that kind of money on my server) but it is even not enough to be a real QoL. Granted I went to the extreme when I tried to throw in all my mats, if I wanted to only store metals which is the most used resource among my crafters I would still need 2 bays including the free one. So I would still need to spend 5 millions to unlock a second bay, even 5 millions is way too much for such a little convenience.

Edited by demotivator

I copied all my characters on PTS and decided to throw all my mats across all these toons in my fully upgraded Legacy Storage. It required all 5 bays and yet it still wasn't enough to store everything (about 20 slots left but far from enough for all my bio mats).

So not only it is way overpriced (and I don't have that kind of money on my server) but it is even not enough to be a real QoL. Granted I went to the extreme when I tried to throw in all my mats, if I wanted to only store metals which is the most used resource among my crafters I would still need 2 bays including the free one. So I would still need to spend 5 millions to unlock a second bay, even 5 millions is way too much for such a little convenience.

I have never had 5 million total credits. I'm sure I could manage it over a couple or few months, but that's WAY too much effort just for fancy storage. Storage that we should have anyway. And that would leave me no credits for anything else.

I could be wrong, but I think this whole update is going to be a disaster. It will draw some people back, they'll look at the price of everything and then just turn around and leave again.

I have never had 5 million total credits. I'm sure I could manage it over a couple or few months, but that's WAY too much effort just for fancy storage. Storage that we should have anyway. And that would leave me no credits for anything else.

I could be wrong, but I think this whole update is going to be a disaster. It will draw some people back, they'll look at the price of everything and then just turn around and leave again.

^ This, both points...

The price is so high that while you could work towards it, you could also just not do all that work, not have storage, and thus not need it... Rather self-defeating...

As for the second point, true... it may bring people back who haven't played for awhile, they may well see the price of everything and say, "meh, never mind..."

It is obvious to me that they set this price so the players will buy the expensive slots with real cash.

Almost anyone can afford one slot or perhaps two, but the rest is not for a average player.

I hope they atleast write sometime that they have picked up on this that the community does not like the prices.

Nah you're not wrong. The costs are stupid.

But what the hey, it's not for us it's for people that want to buy and spend cartel coins.

But what the hey, it's not for us it's for people that want to buy and spend cartel coins.

Or people dumb enough to pay the prices that gold sellers offer.

Example, I was doing some research today and I found a site that offers 80 mil for 559 USD, to me thats freaking insane, However, The Sad part is that there are people who would choose to pay that price over giving EA/BW their cash. :(

Doing the math for CCs to equal that price you would have to buy the largest CC option available 14 times which comes out to 77000CCs.

You tell me which is the better deal?

Edited by Anaesha

So not for the players that already pay for a sub and would rather spend CC on CM unlocks or packs etc? If that's the case then they (BioWare) should really consider lowering the cost for subscribers both for in-game credits and CC unlock costs.

Seriously, i'm not going past the first tab if the second costs 5million. I'd rather spend those credits on a hypercrate from the GTN, or pull the mods from 4 toons worth of gear and put it into legacy gear with augment kits. The only QOL improvement is saving me from multiple mailing stuff between toons. Kind of defeats calling it "storage" at that stage.

I could not agree more.

Everything from the costs, the hooks, the unlocks, the chat choices...everything they've done with housing, simply ruins it more imo.

Example, I was doing some research today and I found a site that offers 80 mil for 559 USD, to me thats freaking insane, However, The Sad part is that there are people who would choose to pay that price over giving EA/BW their cash. :(

Doing the math for CCs to equal that price you would have to buy the largest CC option available 14 times which comes out to 77000CCs.

I last did the math a while ago to calculate the $ to Credit value of a $ -> CC -> Gambling Crate -> GTN -> Credit transaction. It came out to somewhere between $10 and $11 per million.

The credit selling sites that spam the heck out of ingame offer rates significantly below that. I think that 80 mil for $559 is below that too, isn't it?

Aside from that, with the CC path, you have to:

1) Wait after acquiring the Cartel Market item until it unbinds

2) Post it to GTN

3) Wait...hopefully it sells

4) Ooh, it sold! Credits, yay!

- or -

4) Oops, didn't sell, reduce price, list and wait again

5) Rinse & repeat step 4 until it sells

With a credit seller site, you get a better exchange rate, a known exchange rate, and a much quicker transaction. The only downside is that it's against the game's ToS, which is a compelling downside for most but not at all relevant for some.

I could not agree more.

Everything from the costs, the hooks, the unlocks, the chat choices...everything they've done with housing, simply ruins it more imo.

Unless you been on the PTS to personally test the hook system, I think you're not being fair to it.

Wow, very interesting number. Thanks for looking that up.

Unless you been on the PTS to personally test the hook system, I think you're not being fair to it.

Hooks=hooks. I'm not getting into a debate with you about it Reno. There's nothing to be "fair" about - it was clear from the streams just how freaking limited hooks were. There are a lotta hooks, but it's still 100% a hook system.

Hooks=hooks. I'm not getting into a debate with you about it Reno. There's nothing to be "fair" about - it was clear from the streams just how freaking limited hooks were. There are a lotta hooks, but it's still 100% a hook system.

Well I hope you end up mistaken then.

I last did the math a while ago to calculate the $ to Credit value of a $ -> CC -> Gambling Crate -> GTN -> Credit transaction. It came out to somewhere between $10 and $11 per million.

The credit selling sites that spam the heck out of ingame offer rates significantly below that. I think that 80 mil for $559 is below that too, isn't it?

Aside from that, with the CC path, you have to:

1) Wait after acquiring the Cartel Market item until it unbinds

2) Post it to GTN

3) Wait...hopefully it sells

4) Ooh, it sold! Credits, yay!

- or -

4) Oops, didn't sell, reduce price, list and wait again

5) Rinse & repeat step 4 until it sells

With a credit seller site, you get a better exchange rate, a known exchange rate, and a much quicker transaction. The only downside is that it's against the game's ToS, which is a compelling downside for most but not at all relevant for some.

The site I looked at had the lowest you could buy set at $13.99 for 2 mil credits which places it's price between the second (1050CC) and the third (2400CC) cartel coin options which to equal the $559 comes out to 40 purchases of 2 mill.

Based on that I'd say buying the credits comes out cheaper in the long run sadly. :(

Edited by Anaesha

But if a lot of people did that with packs, they wouldn't sell them for as much on the GTN and the conversion would be ruined and they'd have to go spend more money. It's not the best way to get the credits.

But if a lot of people did that with packs, they wouldn't sell them for as much on the GTN and the conversion would be ruined and they'd have to go spend more money. It's not the best way to get the credits.

Packs being down to around 150k on the GTN is a prime example of this.

If BW is hoping to pull a lot of creds from circulation I'd think that delusional.

This isn't a hardcore grindy game full of hardcore grindy people, and best I can tell isn't full of market mavens. It's pretty casual. And the casual response from a lot of folks I imagine will be to laugh at the price tags and stop by illiteratespam.com.

If BW is hoping to pull a lot of creds from circulation I'd think that delusional.

This isn't a hardcore grindy game full of hardcore grindy people, and best I can tell isn't full of market mavens. It's pretty casual. And the casual response from a lot of folks I imagine will be to laugh at the price tags and stop by illiteratespam.com.

Maybe they know that and they thought it would help to extend the life of the housing and guild ship content if it took a while to obtain?

Maybe they know that and they thought it would help to extend the life of the housing and guild ship content if it took a while to obtain?

Maybe, I dunno. What I do know is that I won't be buying from gold sellers, buying CCs, or spending millions of creds for something that's a minor improvement over the way I've been doing stuff for more than 2 years without a problem.

Maybe, I dunno. What I do know is that I won't be buying from gold sellers, buying CCs, or spending millions of creds for something that's a minor improvement over the way I've been doing stuff for more than 2 years without a problem.

Idk about spending CC's to get Housing Unlocks but I know I will be spending quite a lot of credits and time in decorating my house on Tat, prolly start on NS to get used to it.

Another thing I don't get is why they decided to put all of this ultra-expensive stuff in one patch. So, now if my guild wants a ship, I need to contribute a significant number of credits to get that. If I want legacy storage, I need to spend a significant number of credits to unlock that. If I want more than one stronghold, I have to spend a significant number of credits to unlock that. If I want to decorate my stronghold... well, you get the point.

I'm certainly not opposed to being patient. I have to be patient already because I play casually. But doing any ONE of these things will take me several months. It could take years if I want to partake in all of it. I already do a LOT of picking and choosing for content. Lots of people do. Now we're getting cut out of some interesting new content just because BW decided that everyone can just sneeze and be rich in the game. :mad:

Why drop all of this at once? Couldn't it have been introduced a little more thoughtfully, over time? At least I would have had the false hope of making progress for a little while. Now I just... I just don't and I just won't.