Rolling

SeaFour

When I am in a group and we have to roll for an item. There appears only 2 choices. Greed or Need. However, someone also stated they opt'd out of the roll somehow. Could someone explain why I should choose each one of these three options, how I know if I need something, and how does it effect the roll. I just don't want to tick people off.

"Need" is to say you're going to use that item on your character NOT to sell it. Need gets highest priority. "Greed" is to say you're going to sell that item. Clicking the 'x' at the top right of the box, means you won't participate in the roll. Also if you hove rover the item it should show prerequisites and stat changes from your current gear. You may also have heard of "Ninja" activity. This is when you need something that you shouldn't just to win the roll to sell the item. This is highly frowned upon and will most likely garner hate from just about everyone else Edited by DarthBlademaster

Need, Greed or Pass.

Need means that you absolutely need to have it because it will have a great increase to your gear. (All stats being enhanced, for example.)

Greed means that you won't actually wear it, but you might want to sell it to get some extra credits.

Pass means that you don't roll for it at all.

Need has higher priority over greed because the people that select need actually need it.

So don't select need unless you're actually going to use it, and greed if you want to sell it.