Makeb's Storyline

Akmadan

And if they don't divert their work to the actual goal they set out to make when they started this game, people will not play it. If you're F2P you wont care, I'm a subscriber and I want a story-driven game with my character in the middle of it... where my story continues.

if the next expansion doesn't bring a storyline for my class Bioware should beware... I'm sure Makeb will be fun and stuff, but not as much as I had fighting my way through tombs in Korriban and eventually rising up in the Sith Hierarchy to <Somewhere>

Saddly, I'd wager those of us who want/care about the class stories are in the minority. For most, I'd bet it's skipped or nothing more than a little interresting but irrelevant part of their game play.

I understand that we won't be seeing more personal class stories anymore but I'd be happy if they added more companion content like missions etc. or they could've made it so that your companions would also be taking part in the main Makeb storyline by adding dialogue for them. Yeah they say few things outside cutscenes but this isn't what I meant.

Saddly, I'd wager those of us who want/care about the class stories are in the minority. For most, I'd bet it's skipped or nothing more than a little interresting but irrelevant part of their game play.

But that's unimaginable, the story was the main goal of the game and they want to put it into the "Irrelevant part of our game" folder?

Madness I tell you.

I don't care how fancy Makeb or other planets were, for me there are 3 kinds of quests

Class Quest

Planet Quest

Side Quests

Take out one of the three and the game falls apart. I coulden't even imagen the Planet Quests being gone, because I want to see whats happening on the Planet as well as continue my storyline.

Very soon I expect to start Makeb, and find repetative dailies that I have to grind in order to get reputation. Because I just noticed, you need reputation with Makeb to get high end-ish gear? That's ********, this isnt wow (not totally anyway), don't go down that Daily routine Bioware, comeone...

Actually, the only thing I can find that you actually need reputation for is the lower-end weapons you get from Basic Coms. The armor doesn't require it, and neither do anything from Elite or Ultimate coms, which is the gear you want (Basic stuff is barely above level 50 stuff). Also, it's fairly small amount of rep that is legacy wide. That's a far cry from what WoW had done (and now removed) where they expected you to to get exalted with MULTIPLE daily factions, PER CHARACTER, to spend your hard earned badges to get some of the better gear available.

I very, seriously, doubt we are in the minority. That does not reflect what I have witnessed in game, talking with people, on all the online communities, etc..

Edited by chuixupu

Actually, the only thing I can find that you actually need reputation for is the lower-end weapons you get from Basic Coms. The armor doesn't require it, and neither do anything from Elite or Ultimate coms, which is the gear you want (Basic stuff is barely above level 50 stuff). Also, it's fairly small amount of rep that is legacy wide. That's a far cry from what WoW had done (and now removed) where they expected you to to get exalted with MULTIPLE daily factions, PER CHARACTER, to spend your hard earned badges to get some of the better gear available.

I very, seriously, doubt we are in the minority. That does not reflect what I have witnessed in game, talking with people, on all the online communities, etc..

It's what I've witnessed with people saying they just space bar through it, it's the game they want to play, they don't care about the story.

I don't get it personally, but Ive seen many who say just that, even with TOR.

I like the idea of class story lines simply because of the replay value it brings. Going through the same planets with different classes makes it much more enjoyable when you get specific class quests. It breaks up the monotony.

I believe the Makeb story line rocks but the lack of side quests is a huge flaw with the expansion. Don't get me wrong the overall content is good, and the story you do get is very well written and acted but the lack of side quests and specific class quests is a huge disappointment.

I don't get why anyone wants more "side quests". Those are the bane of my MMO existence.

They're not a bad thing, they just lack enoug of them.

Right now, I go through a planet Im hitting them all. They need enough variety so one character isn't going to be hitting all the same ones.

I can't speak for all MMOs, but I know on CoH I could do that, CO I can do that, and TERA I could do that after about level 20 I believe it was.

It makes playing alts a lot more enjoyable.

Would it be a great thing if BioWare were to create chapter 4 for every class? BIG TIME YES!!!

Is it within BioWare's power to do so, when you consider, time, money, and manpower? BIG TIME NO!!!

In business, practicality wins over pie in the sky wishes EVERY time.

If you're F2P you wont care, I'm a subscriber and I want a story-driven game with my character in the middle of it... where my story continues.

Being a sub doesn't entitle you deciding how the game should be developed.

Regardless though I don't think you're going to find people arguing against having class quests. Lots of people want more of them, but it's no longer something that's easy for them to do at this point.

You seem very focused on what TOR was designed to be when it was in development, but once the game lost a huge number of subscribers and wasn't the success they thought it was going to be it became impossible for TOR to continue on being "that" game.

TOR is never going to accomplish the things it set out to do, that's the reality of the situation. Some things will happen, but not everything.

Regardless though I don't think you're going to find people arguing against having class quests. Lots of people want more of them, but it's no longer something that's easy for them to do at this point.

You seem very focused on what TOR was designed to be when it was in development, but once the game lost a huge number of subscribers and wasn't the success they thought it was going to be it became impossible for TOR to continue on being "that" game.

TOR is never going to accomplish the things it set out to do, that's the reality of the situation. Some things will happen, but not everything.

It does entitle you to voice how you want to see it developed. :p

My hope is, with all this money they're making, like they said they where, it leads to class stories happening. Was Makeb going to be it? No. But that doesn't mean it can't happen now.

All these players they say they have now...I hope most of them aren't just sitting around not putting nothing into the game.

Yes, I'm entitled to voice how I want to see the game go further.

I am focused on what SWTOR was designed to be, do you think Bioware said to themselves "People leave because our story is bad and they don't like it" - nope, not true. This game is generic, it's like wow basicly.

But WHAT redeems it is the amazing Voice Acting and Story Telling, this is how ToR differenciate themselves from other MMOs. And if they don't keep to that whole Voice Acting-Story Telling theme, they will fall into a endless pit that might not have an ending.

Were not in the minority here, some people wish to skip the game? Fine, It's their loss! They miss out on an amazing storyline, I personally skip most of the side quests because I know what they'll say, but I "NEVER" skip the Class Story, It's the center of the game.

I believe people came into this game to not just have an MMO experience where they get to PvP and PvE in an amazing Star Wars Universe with Lightsabers and Blasters, but to above all experience the story Bioware made for us. BIoware are -good- at making a story, if you look at some of their previous games.

But WHAT redeems it is the amazing Voice Acting and Story Telling, this is how ToR differenciate themselves from other MMOs. And if they don't keep to that whole Voice Acting-Story Telling theme, they will fall into a endless pit that might not have an ending.

Makeb hasn't gotten rid of of the Voice Acting or the Story Telling. We've also been given no sign they're not going to keep to it with future content.

What I find kinda funny (funny strange, not funny haha) is the number of people who are complaining about the lack of story/choices/whatever on Makeb who have never set foot on the planet, and are just going off what so and so told them. Having played through the entire planet on my sorc, with my husband (a sith warrior), and with starting on my bounty hunter, the dialogue for each class is slightly different. Plus, how I play the roles are different.

For example, without going too much into detail, there's a part where my character comes back from a mission and both the sith inquisitor and the bounty hunter have the same thing to say, with the third option being something like, "RESPECT MAH AUTHORITY!" On my sorc, who's darkside, of course I went with that response, and there were allusions made to it in later choices. On my bounty hunter, who's light side, I didn't pick that answer, so the story was slightly different. In fact, I can't wait till Monday, where I find out how a lightside choice I'm going to make is going to affect the outcome of a certain storyline.

In short, yes, the planet mission is going to be similar for each class on the same side. Imperials are all there for one reason, Republic have their reason. But the planet missions don't play like the planet missions on every planet before Makeb, it's not the exact same quest with the exact same text for every class.

imo, everyone should play through Makeb at least once before passing judgement on it, I found the whole planet to be really interesting, and really felt like my character was instrumental in the choices for Makeb.

It does entitle you to voice how you want to see it developed. :p

My hope is, with all this money they're making, like they said they where, it leads to class stories happening. Was Makeb going to be it? No. But that doesn't mean it can't happen now.

All these players they say they have now...I hope most of them aren't just sitting around not putting nothing into the game.

Yes, I'm entitled to voice how I want to see the game go further.

I am focused on what SWTOR was designed to be, do you think Bioware said to themselves "People leave because our story is bad and they don't like it" - nope, not true. This game is generic, it's like wow basicly.

Were not in the minority here, some people wish to skip the game? Fine, It's their loss! They miss out on an amazing storyline, I personally skip most of the side quests because I know what they'll say, but I "NEVER" skip the Class Story, It's the center of the game.

I believe people came into this game to not just have an MMO experience where they get to PvP and PvE in an amazing Star Wars Universe with Lightsabers and Blasters, but to above all experience the story Bioware made for us. BIoware are -good- at making a story, if you look at some of their previous games.

Look I get where you're coming from.

What you keep failing to understand is that they planned on TOR to make WoW type money. The things they planned for early on were based on the expectations that this game would be pulling in a billion dollars in revenue annually, but that didn't happen, and even though the game is doing well/good now it's not close pulling in the kind of money they expected it to, which means they can't spend the type of money on future development that they had originally planned to.

It's like this. Let's say the game had been super successful. Well in that scenario EA could've given them 100 million dollars (just an example not what actual amount would've been given) to do an expansion pack, but once the game didn't meet expectations it's more like they'd now only have 10 million dollars to develop an expansion.

In other words they no longer have to the budget to continue the game on the same level they intended.

They may continue class stories and/or do alot of the things they planned on doing but what you need to realize is that as a result of the game going F2P those things are going to take longer to produce than they would've had the game been a major success.

The things you want are going to come few and far between at this point, just like the class quests themselves.

What I find kinda funny (funny strange, not funny haha) is the number of people who are complaining about the lack of story/choices/whatever on Makeb who have never set foot on the planet, and are just going off what so and so told them. Having played through the entire planet on my sorc, with my husband (a sith warrior), and with starting on my bounty hunter, the dialogue for each class is slightly different. Plus, how I play the roles are different.

For example, without going too much into detail, there's a part where my character comes back from a mission and both the sith inquisitor and the bounty hunter have the same thing to say, with the third option being something like, "RESPECT MAH AUTHORITY!" On my sorc, who's darkside, of course I went with that response, and there were allusions made to it in later choices. On my bounty hunter, who's light side, I didn't pick that answer, so the story was slightly different. In fact, I can't wait till Monday, where I find out how a lightside choice I'm going to make is going to affect the outcome of a certain storyline.

In short, yes, the planet mission is going to be similar for each class on the same side. Imperials are all there for one reason, Republic have their reason. But the planet missions don't play like the planet missions on every planet before Makeb, it's not the exact same quest with the exact same text for every class.

imo, everyone should play through Makeb at least once before passing judgement on it, I found the whole planet to be really interesting, and really felt like my character was instrumental in the choices for Makeb.

I beat Makeb with my Inquisitor last night, and given where Chapter 3 ends or where the Inquisitor ends up the Empire side of Makeb feels like a proper Chapter 4 for the Inquisitor. Alot of this is due to getting orders from Marr and taking control, but I gotta imagine those factors make it more personal to the Inquisitor than any of the other classes, cept maybe the Warrior who ends up in a similar place at the end of Chapter 3.