Bubblestunners....

HuntersPoint

I hate you all... you don't let me kill you fast enough and stun my toon....

you're going to make me respec to lolsmash and I seriously hate smash and rather stay combat....

yours with love

Ryllo from the bation

Stun Wars, The Empire Strikes Back. May the force be with you!

Every melee class has ranged attacks that can hit hard and break the bubble without the player be stunned. Use your brain instead and you wont need to respec.

If every pvp encounter was a 1v1, then yes, this would work 100% of the time, but that's not the case, so using this as an arguement really doesn't validate the current state of the stunbubble.

while i do hate the ability with a passion, i do see the fact that sorcs/sages is in a ****** state atm, and wouldn't want to remove it without giving them some other utility/survivability skills to make up for the bubble.

I'm literally at the point now where if I see a bubble stun I just quit the warzone. If it was only the sage that gave the stun I wouldn't care at all. But seeing an entire team running around with it is just annoying and completely broken.

Suffer the stun and just move on. It's not that big of a deal. I know that with all the QQn on this forum it's gonna get nerfed (which it shouldn't) but when it does you will just see Sorcs/Sages complaining about how they have no defensive CDs/abilities now and that will go on until the next update.

I haven't even specced into Bubblestun spec on my Sorc but as a healer spec right now, I'm finding less and less reason to join WZs on my Sorc because of how quickly I die and how much I get focused. It wouldn't be so bad if Tanks would peel while I'm healing but it seems people are so clueless. As it stands, I'm very close to trying out Bubblestun but I don't want to give up healing WZs. They just need to give Sorcs/Sages more defensive CD's/abilities.

Just no. More. Nerfs. Buffs instead please.

Stun Wars, The Empire Strikes Back. May the force be with you!

Stun Wars - A new mezz

Stun Wars - The Empire spikes back

Stun Wars - Return of the stunlock

Stun Wars - The bubblestun menace

Stun Wars - Attack of the slows

Stun Wars - Revenge of the root

Can hardly restrain myself before the coming 3 movies!1!!

For a 17 skill investment and a 17-20 second cooldown it's a pretty middling effect.

I mean it obviously gets a lot of notoriety because Bubblestuns are A.) so noticeable and B.) stuns (also the fact that abilities that remove another players ability to play or move their character are always the most frustrating). However in the grand scheme of things, for the cost, a Bubblestun is hardly as powerful as most the other goodies players can get. The major difference is most of those goodies come in the form of stuff like flat damage reductions, damage boosts, or other effects that don't directly affect other players.

Although in all honesty it could probably be nerfed if Sorc/Sage had some valid alternatives. Since as is Bubblestun is basically the only tool a Sorc has to burst heal a non-self target. And not only does the lack of a Tech debuff cleanse mean certain classes still have an edge, Sorc bubbles share cooldowns with each other. Also Bubblestun is a much needed solution for the problem of Sorc survivability (especially given the tendency of Force speed/Overload to incur rubberbanding and thus lose the class what little defense it can get).

Also Vanguards pulling people to them only to stun their entire clumped team for you is *********** hilarious.

For a 17 skill investment and a 17-20 second cooldown it's a pretty middling effect.

I mean it obviously gets a lot of notoriety because Bubblestuns are A.) so noticeable and B.) stuns (also the fact that abilities that remove another players ability to play or move their character are always the most frustrating). However in the grand scheme of things, for the cost, a Bubblestun is hardly as powerful as most the other goodies players can get.

Have you ever experienced going up against a ranked team with and without a bubble sorc? It's a huge difference.

Suffer the stun and just move on. It's not that big of a deal. I know that with all the QQn on this forum it's gonna get nerfed (which it shouldn't) but when it does you will just see Sorcs/Sages complaining about how they have no defensive CDs/abilities now and that will go on until the next update.

I haven't even specced into Bubblestun spec on my Sorc but as a healer spec right now, I'm finding less and less reason to join WZs on my Sorc because of how quickly I die and how much I get focused. It wouldn't be so bad if Tanks would peel while I'm healing but it seems people are so clueless. As it stands, I'm very close to trying out Bubblestun but I don't want to give up healing WZs. They just need to give Sorcs/Sages more defensive CD's/abilities.

You can heal perfectly fine as a bubblestun hybrid sorc. I had an 826k ACW just last night, and average around 4-500k/warzone.

The numbers on the scoreboard won't be quite as big, but some of your healing shifts to utility/outright damage prevention that doesn't get reflected on the scoreboard. Bubblestunning the 4 melee trying to kill your target is the most obvious, but rooting overload can have the same effect of "hidden" healing. And yes, the 21/20 bubblestun hybrid is about the only way a sorc healer can wring a respectable amount of survivability in solo queue.

Enjoy the spec while it lasts. Pure corruption has almost no way to get the melee train off you. It's not like BW is ever going to listen to sorcs, not even after a million of them unsubbed in the wake of 1.2.

Every melee class has ranged attacks that can hit hard and break the bubble without the player be stunned. Use your brain instead and you wont need to respec.

I'm a marauder, bubble me and I'll jump on everybody distributing stuns. Bubble me again.

No, brain will not help.

I had the same experience on my healer sorc. There is an overwhelming amount of stuns and interrupts that make healing almost impossible. 3500k 3 second cast heals can't keep pace with 5500k instant dps attacks. And then there is LOS issues. Players rarely stand around in one place long enough to take advantage of the AoE target heal or unknowingly move and create a line of sight interrupt to the healing cast. If I play the sorc, I spend my time in a WZ trying to heal myself and dieing. I play other classes and games so I don't care if they nerf sorc some more. They are just cannon fodder already to my smuggler. :cool:

I'm literally at the point now where if I see a bubble stun I just quit the warzone. If it was only the sage that gave the stun I wouldn't care at all. But seeing an entire team running around with it is just annoying and completely broken.

It's already been stated that it will be fixed, they aren't going to just remove it, they need to find a way to re-balance Sorcs/Sages after it's been sorted.

Heal spec with bubblestuns is where they mostly come from, pretty sure there's no DPS who runs around bubbling whole team. The AoE heal is garbage for PvP anyway, drop the top 1/3 of the heal tree and grab bubble stun etc.

Anyways, bubble stun isn't even overpowered, it buys you 2 seconds or something, that's like 1 dark heal (sorc) which any DPS class geared or not can easily take off in 1 hit. You're only finding it frustrating because you get 2 sec stunned, how do you think we feel when we still inevitably die some time soon anyway.

Edited by Jayshames

Anyways, bubble stun isn't even overpowered, it buys you 2 seconds or something, that's like 1 dark heal (sorc) which any DPS class geared or not can easily take off in 1 hit. You're only finding it frustrating because you get 2 sec stunned, how do you think we feel when we still inevitably die some time soon anyway.

It's not a single bubble that is an issue...its the fact that you can apply it to an entire team is when it causes problems, especially since it is an aoe stun that barely fills resolve. It takes roughly 4-5 bubbles to completely fill resolve and its a 3 second stun. K.O. from shoot first used to completely fill the resolve bar when it was a 3 second stun, and that was just single target.

Tell you what, you keep your team bubble stun if you give scrappers back their 3 second stun from K.O. and make it barely fill resolve, how about that?

That's just Outlandish.

There is no way/shape/form that all classes should be buffed up to deal with the current broken bubblestun. Why would you even think like this?

Bubblestun needs to be adjusted down. My mind = blown you think everyone should be boosted to deal with bubblestun.

1) not true

2) stealth openers are called "openers" for a reason.

That's just Outlandish.

There is no way/shape/form that all classes should be buffed up to deal with the current broken bubblestun. Why would you even think like this?

Bubblestun needs to be adjusted down. My mind = blown you think everyone should be boosted to deal with bubblestun.

I really don't think a buff is needed to counter that one ability. However, a buff should be given across classes to deal with smash. A buff is needed for classes that have issues countering Shadow abilities that hit anything over 6k damage (maul/shadow strike, deathfield/FiB), Smash, or Railshot or even Snipe or Ambush when it crits for over 6k. Which we've seen has happened.

I don't like the idea of Nerfing a class because of how it affects PVE. For anyone who uses Smash Spec, Bubblestun spec or any of the other FoTM classes these are abilities that can be useful in PvE. Don't make it harder on players who come in to knock out PvE content just because you can't deal with a little bit of smash or bubble stun lol

Just because you said that I've decided to skip the stun and go full heals instead. Using the AOE heals feels like nothing but stat padding to be honest and I healed for about the same as with the stun (800 hps in a normal game where I spend a good deal of downtime on an empty node, on behalf of pugs loving to trade and someone has to stay put since they are not).

I did throw a small fit in one of the games though when no one peeled for me and I had run out of stuns, that's when the bubble stun would have been useful. Freaking assassins and maras on me at all times and no one notices. Pugs!

Edited by Washingtoon