Huge oversight in BoP schematic drops from HM flashpoints!

Sky_walkerPL

Ok, I'm getting angry.

I plaid few hard mode Flashpoints trying to get one of BoP synthwaving schematics. Got entire team of biochems (sometimes: biochem + guys with no crafting profession) and guess what schematics drops we got?

Armormech. Bind on pickup.

Brilliant. Ok, so I think: Bad luck. I go for Eternity Valut, kill one of the bosses there, and what drops? Armormech Schematic. Bind on Pickup obviously. How many people in my ops got Armormech? NOONE.

BIOWARE: Please, fix this.

- Or change all the schematics from BoP to BoE (bind on equip) - these are only schematics after all.

- Or make schematics drops actually check what profession people have and adjust them accordingly.

Cause total Random Number Generator used now is ridiculous. What the heck am I suppose to do with all these Armormech schematics? C'mon.

ps. Anyone knows in which flashpoint I can get synthweaving schematics?

Edited by Sky_walkerPL

Ok, I'm getting angry.

I plaid few hard mode Flashpoints trying to get one of BoP synthwaving schematics. Got entire team of biochems (sometimes: biochem + guys with no crafting profession) and guess what schematics drops we got?

Brilliant. Ok, so I think: Bad luck. I go for Eternity Valut, kill one of the bosses there, and what drops? Armormech Schematic. Bind on Pickup obviously. How many people in my ops got Armormech? NOONE.

- Or change all the schematics from BoP to BoE (bind on equip) - these are only schematics after all.

- Or make schematics drops actually check what profession people have and adjust them accordingly.

Cause total Random Number Generator used now is ridiculous. What the heck am I suppose to do with all these Armormech schematics? C'mon.

We received a Synth schematic from the second boss in Kaon Under Siege (new flashpoint) Hard mode.

I say just let people pick what they want so they can then be done with the raid and start whining that there's nothing to do. Let's all get the gear we want on the first run through and then we can wait until BW makes a new raid.

Whats worse is the items you craft are ALSO BOP. So say you have an armortech he can only craft armor for himself. So if he wears Medium armor all those patterns for heavy or light are a waste.

Well, first of all let me point out one thing: I'm against any craftable BoP items.

It's ridiculous. We have 2 systems functioning in game that prevent crafters from trading: The less obscuring one - Crewskill requirement (used commonly in Biochem items) and the more obscuring one - Bind on Pickup.

Crafting is for people who like to trade goods. Crafting BOPs is like... milk for people who hate milk, or cars that are slower than walking.

If something needs to be limited - limit it to a crewskill. NOT by making bind on pickup items!

But in any case - BoPs can be used for companions too, so it's not a total waste, still holds some potential (although it got far more doubtful since they removed any chance to PvP with companions, and essentially at level 50 companion is nothing else than decoration to show at the Fleet, lol)

We received a Synth schematic from the second boss in Kaon Under Siege (new flashpoint) Hard mode.

Thank You :)

Edited by Sky_walkerPL

Ok, I'm getting angry.

Random drops are..... you know...... random. It's not BWs fault you are all biochem (well aside from them making it the only particularly useful skill to have).

Random drops are..... you know...... random. It's not BWs fault you are all biochem (well aside from them making it the only particularly useful skill to have).

Ugh... I feel like only part people read was "biochem". I understand that this skill is just plain wrong these days, but... ugh.

It doesn't have anything to deal with biochem (and: we weren't all biochem, read carefully: I'm synthweaving, and PUG just happen to have biochems, doesn't matter, they could be all slicers equally well), more with the fact that RNG shouldn't be used for randomizing BoP schematics. EVER.

Ugh... I feel like only part people read was "biochem". I understand that this skill is just plain wrong these days, but... ugh.

It doesn't have anything to deal with biochem (and: we weren't all biochem, read carefully: I'm synthweaving, and PUG just happen to have biochems, doesn't matter, they could be all slicers equally well), more with the fact that RNG shouldn't be used for randomizing BoP schematics. EVER.

Just be glad you HAVE some dropped schematics. Armstech has nothing.

I'm assuming, although I may be reaching a little bit here, that they're eventually going to go with a system similar to EQ2 where the Schematics are BOP and the equipment you make is BOP, however you can still make them for people.

Basically the way it worked was there was a workbench that two players would open up, the crafter on one side who has the appropriate skill level to craft the item as well as the schematic and sometimes some base ingredients, and the other player who needs the item on the otherside who supplies the rare ingredients that may be BOP (Biometric Crystals for example). When the crafter completes the crafting, the item appears in the crafting trade window and the person who needs the item gets it.

This would allow crafters with rare recipes to make items for other classes while still requiring those classes to run hardmodes for the rare BOP ingredients. So basically if the person has run the same instance 15 times and still hasn't got the drop he needs, but managed to pickup 10 Biometric Crystals in the process... then he could find a crafter who has the schematic and have the item crafted for him.

It's too soon to tell if this is where they are actually with it, but the system made sense in other games and I don't see why they wouldn't use something like this in the future.

Edited by DimeStax

Really? There are no purple schematics droppable on ops for you?!

Didn't bioware itself told that all these good schematics people are missing come from ops? So how can it be that Armstech gets nothing?

Anyone can confirm?

Really? There are no purple schematics droppable on ops for you?!

Didn't bioware itself told that all these good schematics people are missing come from ops? So how can it be that Armstech gets nothing?

Anyone can confirm?

That's correct. Armstech is currently completely SOL. I'm sure this is merely and oversight, but that does little to console someone that chose Armstech.

That's correct. Armstech is currently completely SOL. I'm sure this is merely and oversight, but that does little to console someone that chose Armstech.

It's very weird that I haven't seen any remarks on that on forum yet - I mean: that's a huge bug, esentially a deal breaker for armstech crafters.

Perhaps it's bit in a shadow of generic uselessness (if such word exists) of lvl50 crafting, but never the less it's a big issue.

Edited by Sky_walkerPL

Yeah but at least for Biochem, the one I got last night a very good str/end implant, is BoP if I make it.

So what is the point? The drop is only good for someone with boichem and needs those stats.

Their crafting system designer should be fired. About the only good thing that is in the system is sending out your companions.

Yeah but at least for Biochem, the one I got last night a very good str/end implant, is BoP if I make it.

So what is the point? The drop is only good for someone with boichem and needs those stats.

Their crafting system designer should be fired. About the only good thing that is in the system is sending out your companions.

Then keep running things until you get the drop you need? You're complaining that you can make an implant (that i'm pretty sure can be RE'd up to tier 2 stat increases) that you can also crit for an augment slot, and make a BiS item, but you can't sell them? These BoP items are designed to be a perk for the crafter, a "Here, you put some time into this" item. A lot of crafting systems in a lot of different games have worked the exact same way.

And all would be great if not the fact that biochem has medpack/stim perks that are limited only by crewskill. Can it work great? Sure it can!

And it's great way to limit these perks for crafter cause it makes it impossible to jump between professions, collect these perks and than be an 'uber-player' wihouth actually caring about crafting at all like real crafters (read: these collecting schematics and actively trading).

Not even saying about totally erasing the key feature for crafter: trade. Now we got stable economy of Biochem400 reusables so why we can't have the same for earpices? Or anything else that's currently craftable BoP? If the crafters choose to trade it with other crafters of their profession ofq.

The fact that many games repeat same dumb system over and over again isn't an excuse. We have the same issue in PvP in MMOs where most of MMOs repeat same flawed system: pvp is yet another grind instead of part where skill is what should be the deciding factor. They esentially took pve and replaced mobs with other players. Love the lazy design.

Unused drops are part of all MMOs. If they made Schematics for key pieces of gear BoE it could have major economic impact, as you say, BoPs can be annoying at times and getting the right ones takes effort. This isn't a flaw, it's a challenge, one that should be celebrated!

Unused drops are part of all MMOs. If they made Schematics for key pieces of gear BoE it could have major economic impact, as you say, BoPs can be annoying at times and getting the right ones takes effort. This isn't a flaw, it's a challenge, one that should be celebrated!

as oposed to now, where all the level 50 schematics that are dropped create bind on pickup gear?

so not only is the schematic BoP, but so is the item it makes... you know the impact that has on the economy?

roll biochem or ****.

Real question is, why aren't you all biochem?

1) Better performance thru better stat gain.

2) Never have to farm mats again for pots/flasks.

3) Huge market for flask selling.

4)Past belt/bracers augment proc no one should be synth/armour. The schematics that drop are as trash as the gear is, besides the tier tokens.

5)Armstech, what were you thinking?

6)Art, You should have done this after making your belt/bracer for 2 relics.

7)Cyber let someone else do it. If everyone does get smart and go biochem, pull mods from gear.

WIN!

I dont think this is an oversight. Maybe you should tell your buddies who have that CS about the drop and help them run that FP to get that schematic. Soon people will be complaining about how they're getting vendor trash when they should be getting purple items every drop.

Crafting is for people who like to trade goods.

No, crafting is for everyone.

At least that's the intent.

It's another aspect of the game, requiring time and resources to perfect and which will keep people occupied for a long time.

To motivate the general population to level up a crafting skill there needs to be incentives, like with everything in the game really.

These incentives takes the form of very good (ideally a couple BiS) BoP items, the reward for leveling up the skill to the required level.

If there were no such rewards most people would just as well drop crafting, as it'd be easier and more efficient to just farm credits and buy all the crafted gear since there's nothing they'd have to do themselves.

This might be fine for the minority who like crafting as an end unto itself. It would not, however, be good for the game overall.