Even though i don't care, calm the restrictions down.

MightyVittey

I don't really care because this doesn't effect me, but remove the restrictions on ; Flashpoints, WZ, Ops, and space missions, and also the guild/hotbars restrictions. Then some more people will be happy, then remove more and more until people are fully happy. Edited by MightyVittey

I agree. Im a subscriber and I want to see this game suceed but its hard to believe that after so many of my friends who were really excited to try SWTOR when F2P hits leave because of restrictions.

They didn't leave because it would prevent them from playing literally, it was because they were so disturbed by the very idea of limiting UI, titles, emotes, hide head slot (REALLY?).

TOO MANY PLAYERS are losing interset because they refuse to play a game made by such a money hungry company.

If they really believed their "buy the stuff you want" then they wouldn't have limited UI and make weekly passes. They would sell Operations, Warzones, etc for a one time purchase price.

Edited by Idunhavaname

Money hungry? The purpose of any business is to make money. Period. If it's not making money, then it's going to go out of business and then you won't have any game to play at all. If everyone got everything for free, or for a "one time fee," then there wouldn't be any subscribers at all. How long do you think that one time fee would keep the game active?

If your friends don't like the restrictions, then they should pony up some cash to remove them. If they "lose interest" because it's not a free ride, then I personally don't think it's going to be a big loss.

Money hungry? The purpose of any business is to make money. Period. If it's not making money, then it's going to go out of business and then you won't have any game to play at all. If everyone got everything for free, or for a "one time fee," then there wouldn't be any subscribers at all. How long do you think that one time fee would keep the game active?

If your friends don't like the restrictions, then they should pony up some cash to remove them. If they "lose interest" because it's not a free ride, then I personally don't think it's going to be a big loss.

Doesn't matter. EA has all the money the need, and your argument is very invalid. Im talking about the very small, stupid little restrictions like no unify colors, and super restricted WZ. Most games that are F2P are run by small companies with not many games sustaining a F2P with medium and almost miniscule restrictions. Im not saying to lower it to a point where they make no profit, im just saying take some of the stupid restrictions away.

People who come back to try the game again are being driven away because the restrictions, or if they don't want to devote their money to it because they arn't to hardcore about but still play it alot.

actually the Warzone restrictions COULD be a good thing just hear me out.

Ok so you have thousands of players that are F2P and like to PVP. Problem is they can only do a few warzones a week.

So what happens if they want to PVP AND still want to play the game.

the answer is

World PVP

They can still go to say the Outlaws den and other open world PVP places and have fun. This could see a resurgance in open world PVP.

The best Open world PVP in WoW was back when they added the PVP honor system and didn't have the warzones yet. We could see a similar resurgance here

actually the Warzone restrictions COULD be a good thing just hear me out.

Ok so you have thousands of players that are F2P and like to PVP. Problem is they can only do a few warzones a week.

So what happens if they want to PVP AND still want to play the game.

the answer is

World PVP

They can still go to say the Outlaws den and other open world PVP places and have fun. This could see a resurgance in open world PVP.

The best Open world PVP in WoW was back when they added the PVP honor system and didn't have the warzones yet. We could see a similar resurgance here

hmm, you have a good point, ill think about editing my Original post.

It is a business yes but treating a specific group of customers as trash is not a good thing. Would you eat a reasturant that servers meals for FREE BUT you'll have to pay for the tables, chairs, water, bathroom, forks, spoons, PLATE because you don't have a club card? Most likely no.

Treating free customers like second class citizen is nice and good but dont make it so obvious. One of the things that attracts customers is the good relations and that is something EA never bothered with which is very disturbing.

Again purpose of this F2P is to ATTRACT more customers. Not drive them away.

Edited by Idunhavaname

It is a business yes but treating a specific group of customers as trash is not a good thing. Would you eat a reasturant that servers meals for FREE BUT you'll have to pay for the tables, chairs, water, bathroom, forks, spoons, PLATE because you don't have a club card? Most likely no.

Treating free customers like second class citizen is nice and good but dont make it so obvious. One of the things that attracts customers is the good relations and that is something EA never bothered with which is very disturbing.

Not really no i wouldn't mind a bit. You don't need that stuff to eat the food, Free food, that would be awesome.

Edited by DirtyDusty

I don't really care because this doesn't effect me, but remove the restrictions on ; Flashpoints, WZ, Ops, and space missions, and also the guild/hotbars restrictions. Then some more people will be happy, then remove more and more until people are fully happy.

To me the answer lies not in the restrictions but in how they are unlocked. You can restrict them to start, it makes sense given that regular questing content is so open, but alter the way unlocks work so that those f2p players you are seeking to bring in don't decide 2 weeks in that plunking weekly rent-a-content isn't worthwhile.

What I would do (cartel coin cost arbitrary for example' sake)

500 Cartel Coins-- Upgrade weekly warzone allotment to 12, (1200 to unlock on all characters)

800 Cartel Coins-- Upgrade Weekly Warzone allotment to 25 (1800 for all characters)

1500 cartel coins-- Unlimited Weekly Warzones (3600 for all characters)

This way opens up avenues for playing, and if a player drops money on a long-term unlock it makes them have an investment in this game, thus making them more likely to continue playing here, hence continue paying here.

The current system will inherently bring in a far more nomadic influx of players that don't inject nearly the long term capitol others would.

Edited by paul_preib

I don't really care because this doesn't effect me, but remove the restrictions on ; Flashpoints, WZ, Ops, and space missions, and also the guild/hotbars restrictions. Then some more people will be happy, then remove more and more until people are fully happy.

So, remove the primary reasons to subscribe so people who want a free game can use the bandwidth subscribers share with them with no annoyances? You're not exactly a businessman are you?

Not really no i wouldn't mind a bit. You don't need that stuff to eat the food, Free food, that would be awesome.

So they'll just throw food on the floor and you'll eat it? While VIP club family next to you are eating at a nice table.

Before you say anything- YOU CAN'T BRING YOUR OWN PLATES, FORKS, SPOONS ETC. And no takeouts!

Edited by Idunhavaname

It is a business yes but treating a specific group of customers as trash is not a good thing. Would you eat a reasturant that servers meals for FREE BUT you'll have to pay for the tables, chairs, water, bathroom, forks, spoons, PLATE because you don't have a club card?

Yes, because the food itself is free. I'd bring my own plate and utensils. I'd also thank the cook for making me food and letting me eat free. In addition to that, I'd eat in the back room so i don't bother the paying customers that are there on dates, to relax, etc. Why is this? It's because I'm grateful for the simple things and I recognize when I get something for free.

When you can download and log into a game, play it from levels 1-50 and not pay a dime, you deserve nothing else. you have 2 basic toolbars, access to the storylines and all open world PvE quests. What makes you think you deserve more?

The free "Customers", you arent a customer until you buy anything.

Also that free meal analogy is impossible since no one give anything for free in this world, unless you mean those community soap water tasting soup...

I do agree they could increase to 3 Bars, that's it, the rest is fine.

So, remove the primary reasons to subscribe so people who want a free game can use the bandwidth subscribers share with them with no annoyances? You're not exactly a businessman are you?

free game can use the bandwidth subscribers share with them with no annoyances?

You just teleported me to 99 when MMOs and bandwidth weren't free.

You just teleported me to 99 when MMOs and bandwidth weren't free.

AT&T, Verizon and Comcast would like a word with you. So would every other service provider on the planet. When you convince them all to give everyone internet connectivity with no restrictions at no cost, then I'll believe bandwidth is free. As it stands now, many of them are thinking of moving to a usage-based subscription model, if they haven't already.

Got another smart&%$ comment you wanna toss my way?

[Edit] Oh, yeah, not to mention the fact the servers and routers can only handle so much data throughput which means that every person connecting slows the response time to the rest down by a tiny fraction. Yeah, we don't have light-speed quantum computing yet. Though, if you have a teleporter YOU may have access to that kind of system :)

Edited by Mazikeen

So they'll just throw food on the floor and you'll eat it? While VIP club family next to you are eating at a nice table.

Before you say anything- YOU CAN'T BRING YOUR OWN PLATES, FORKS, SPOONS ETC. And no takeouts!

Eh i missed the plate part first read through, i guess my dog wouldnt mind though. But no, i wouldnt eat there, but starving people would. Question is are you starving to play SWTOR? If not then theres other games out there i guess. If people aren't gonna drop a few measly dollars for more quickbars then this isnt the f2p game for them.

The things from the UI, to the helmet to unify colors are quickly making Bioware the laughing stock of online gaming. There are so many common sense things Bioware could have stuck in the store and had it be a successful and profitable model without resorting to these...Pettty, yes Petty nickel and dime stunts.

Free to play folks understand that to get stuff they will have to pay and in many cases they will end up paying more than a subscriber so they can craft the experience to their liking. But bending people over for UI quickbars and helmet hiding...I am stunned. I thought it was a joke until I logged on and saw it in the store.

I am a subscriber...well for 28 more days.

No way I am sticking around to see what the devs have in store when they so badly handled the easiest thing in the world...a cash alternative revenue stream.

Gaming sites are starting to post their reviews of the "The SWTOR" and they are laughing at how badly they missed the mark.

I guess after the first 6 months I played I should not have been surprised they would butcher this so badly.

I am a subscriber, but its stupid. Watch this video, about 30 mins in. People who don't always spend their time on the game, still wanna enjoy it.

Welll... the main prpblem of these guys is that they don't want to spend ANY money. Which is not how it is supposed to work.

But what SHOULD work is that if you spend some amount of money you get going. And apparently that works for new accounts, but judging from this video it doesn't work particularily well for returning players.

The things from the UI, to the helmet to unify colors are quickly making Bioware the laughing stock of online gaming. There are so many common sense things Bioware could have stuck in the store and had it be a successful and profitable model without resorting to these...Pettty, yes Petty nickel and dime stunts.

Free to play folks understand that to get stuff they will have to pay and in many cases they will end up paying more than a subscriber so they can craft the experience to their liking. But bending people over for UI quickbars and helmet hiding...I am stunned. I thought it was a joke until I logged on and saw it in the store.

I am a subscriber...well for 28 more days.

No way I am sticking around to see what the devs have in store when they so badly handled the easiest thing in the world...a cash alternative revenue stream.

Gaming sites are starting to post their reviews of the "The SWTOR" and they are laughing at how badly they missed the mark.

I guess after the first 6 months I played I should not have been surprised they would butcher this so badly.

And you read those reviews and are influenced by them??

nothing they have not given free is necessary to play the game. You dont need color matching or helm off or whatever to play the game. 2 quickbars, though not great are sufficient. I do endgame raiding on all my chars and my 4th bar is just speeders and fluff. The 3rd bar is convince like stims etc. 2 bars are sufficient for playing the game and enjoying it, specially for people who are new and dont know the 4 bars.

I think this model is better than having to pay for each planet as you go farther in the storyline.

All you want, and this is entirely my opinion, is to be cheap and not pay for a sub after the next 28 days and expect the game to give you exactly what it is giving you for $15 a month

Your analogy is wrong. The food is free, so are the table, chairs and silverware. If you want salt, pepper and hot sauce, you’re going to have to buy it. There is not anything wrong with their f2p setup, you’re getting the game for free, can play it to level 50 without restriction.

edit- I know someone will say but, but, but there ARE restrictions, Ops WZ's and FP's. Those are side items to their leveling game.

Edited by Rothie

Your analogy is wrong. The food is free, so are the table, chairs and silverware. If you want salt, pepper and hot sauce, you’re going to have to buy it. There is not anything wrong with their f2p setup, you’re getting the game for free, can play it to level 50 without restriction.

edit- I know someone will say but, but, but there ARE restrictions, Ops WZ's and FP's. Those are side items to their leveling game.

Wow, I am stunned at the lengths the apologists will go.

I am not resubbing because they F'ed up and released a hugely buggy patch, bugged cash store that is literally ripping people off and when they send in tickets, closing them with the reason "We don't refund mistakes YOU make in the cash store"....only problem is its THEIR bugs that are causing the issues.

To top it all off they go on vacation 2 days after releasing the first patch in months and one that adds an entireliy new dynamic to the game.

The UI stuff...well that just Petty. They are proving to the industry and their potential customers..."We know this ship is sinking fast and we are going for the cash grab ASAP."

Stick a fork in it...Lets just hope the Third try at a Star Wars MMO goes better.