How have we NOT talked about this?

Adelreith

Starkiller would own Luke! I mean he pulled a fu*cking Star Destroyer out. of. the. sky. Plus he owned Vader too lol

/Flameshield on!

He pulled a star destroyer out of the sky that was already about to go down. He hasn't done what Luke has done. I.E. create an illusion of an entire starfleet, manipulate black holes, become the very definition of an immovable object, tear down a citadel with the force and then completely rebuild it with no hassle, walk on lava, move faster than the eye can see, warp objects, and so much more. Starkiller has nothing on Luke. For that matter.. neither does Vader.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He pulled a star destroyer out of the sky that was already about to go down. He hasn't done what Luke has done. I.E. create an illusion of an entire starfleet, manipulate black holes, become the very definition of an immovable object, tear down a citadel with the force and then completely rebuild it with no hassle, walk on lava, move faster than the eye can see, warp objects, and so much more. Starkiller has nothing on Luke. For that matter.. neither does Vader.

Well seeing as the only books I read are 40k. I haven't read about any of the above, because that whiny little b*tch didn't do any of that in the films or any video games.

Also I thought pulling a Star Destroyer was a completely full on over the top thing in the SW universe but they are really REALLY taking the piss and the writers really shouldn't get mind-fu*ked by their imagination so much... Manipulating a black hole? A Force so strong that even light can't escape it? Something that spagettifies any solid mass that enters it. lol............ Did he turn water to wine too?!

Well seeing as the only books I read are 40k. I haven't read about any of the above, because that whiny little b*tch didn't do any of that in the films or any video games.

Also I thought pulling a Star Destroyer was a completely full on over the top thing in the SW universe but they are really REALLY taking the piss and the writers really shouldn't get mind-fu*ked by their imagination so much... Manipulating a black hole? A Force so strong that even light can't escape it? Something that spagettifies any solid mass that enters it. lol............ Did he turn water to wine too?!

he directed the destroyer. It was already falling.

Yes he was weak about it. Compared to what we've seen him do in the EU? He was. Even Luke admitted he wasn't going anywhere near full strength on him. Considering he fought him I think we should take his word for it.

Not to mention it's fact. To use the dark side. You must use hate and other powerful emotions. The light and dark in him were struggling AS he was fighting Luke Skywalker. There's absolutely no way he could go anywhere near full strength on him when A) He didn't want to kill him.

B) He didn't hate him.

C) He was making the transformation from dark to light and fighting with himself.

Plus there's no evidence that Luke in return of the Jedi was Jedi MASTER level. Vader has killed plenty of masters with ease. In the end he just became a full fledged jedi.

Edit: Nevermind, were talking something to one another one two totally different points so i'll just drop this so we can continue the actual conversation.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

"I mean for Christ's sake, Luke Skywalker is supposed to be some Force prodigy, yet the most he can do is make a lightsaber move after grimacing at it for half an hour. And here comes this lad wiping out an entire room with a cough!" - Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw, talking about Luke Skywalker and Garen Malek.

Replace Garen Malek with any Jedi in The Old Republic.

<3

Revan

Why? Well the best Jedi shouldn't only have awesome Jedi moves and powers, but also a good story

Let's face it, anyone who has played KOTOR knows he has some nice Jedi moves and powers.

Also his story is amazing. Jedi Master -> Hero in the Mandalorian Wars -> Dark Lord of the Sith -> Hero of the Republic trough his redemption because of his love for Bastila

And then I'm not even talking about his actions in the novel "Revan" (which I will not mention because maybe some are still reading it).

He is just cool, and sometimes funny. As the only Jedi he understands the light and the dark completely, being able to have a relationship with Bastila without falling to the dark side.

He's just the best, at least in my opinion. But everybody has it's own taste :)

So in all my my thread reading, and I admit, I do a lot, i have not come across this subject once. I mean once!

That is a thread saying that Luke Skywalker is the B E S T jedi EVER!

So this game has motivated me to watch the trilogy again. The trilogy is pure poetry. Lucas didn't even know what he had! I hated the prilogy when it came out but i will accept it as cannon. As for all the other stuff concerning star wars - if it isn't one of the six movies, I don't count it. It is in the same realm as fan fiction to me.

So, yeah, Luke is awesome. He gets like a month of training from Yoda about how to be a Jedi, is basically self taught, and still manages to all the awesome stuff he does! He could have killed the emperor in episode 6 if Vader would have allowed it. He most defiantly could have killed Vader multiple times if he chose to (but he couldn't because this would turn him to the dark side, and he knew it). In his final stand he throws down his weapon to prove to the emperor that he WILL NOT BE TURNED. Yeah, coolest fight scene in the whole series in the final fight between Vader and luke.

Luke Skywalker is awesome! The best Jedi in the history of the star wars universe.

You discount material that is controlled and authorized by Lucas as fanfic? You clearly don't know A) what you are talking about and B) the quality of some of the EU offerings (in some cases much MUCH better than the trash that is the prequels).

Jedi don't exist for me, they are just lost souls.

Sidious is my favorite. He plays everyone and wins...

Love it how he uses anakin to do his bidding by finding his weak spot his love for padame..

Love it simply love it when hes talking to him eating his mind.

Like picking grapes...

Revan

Why? Well the best Jedi shouldn't only have awesome Jedi moves and powers, but also a good story

Let's face it, anyone who has played KOTOR knows he has some nice Jedi moves and powers.

Also his story is amazing. Jedi Master -> Hero in the Mandalorian Wars -> Dark Lord of the Sith -> Hero of the Republic trough his redemption because of his love for Bastila

And then I'm not even talking about his actions in the novel "Revan" (which I will not mention because maybe some are still reading it).

He is just cool, and sometimes funny. As the only Jedi he understands the light and the dark completely, being able to have a relationship with Bastila without falling to the dark side.

He's just the best, at least in my opinion. But everybody has it's own taste :)

This. Definately imo, but Revan will always be the best to me.

First impressions are everything, and the OT just showed Luke being whiny and all complainy and what not. I just can't take him seriously, even in the EU. Revan all the way.

Going to say that although Luke may not be the greatest force-user or the greatest warrior, I do think he's the best Jedi. Dude rejects the Dark Side, redeems his father, and shows Obi-Wan and Yoda and all their 'you must destroy Vader' talk that they'd forgotten what it meant to be Jedi.

This. Definately imo, but Revan will always be the best to me.

First impressions are everything, and the OT just showed Luke being whiny and all complainy and what not. I just can't take him seriously, even in the EU. Revan all the way.

I'm still not seeing where Luke was whiny and complaining....there are times when he seems annoyed/distraught and rather put down for good reasons, but I never saw him whining or complaining about things.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I don't care about who's the most powerful. Pure power, by its general inability to create laughter or fun, bores me.

An unpretentious, wily old coot that can spin allegories and multi-layered parables on command, ignores the rules without turning to the in-your-face-drama-queen side of the force, and can kick some *** when needed? That's the Jedi I'd most want as a friend.

Bindo > All.

Going to say that although Luke may not be the greatest force-user or the greatest warrior, I do think he's the best Jedi. Dude rejects the Dark Side, redeems his father, and shows Obi-Wan and Yoda and all their 'you must destroy Vader' talk that they'd forgotten what it meant to be Jedi.

Luke is by far the most powerful Jedi of all time.

I feel this is what ruined the prequels the most for me, the fact that the Jedi's present in the I-III are far more potent with their force powers and saber skills. Seriously, Luke was by far the greatest Jedi. Everyone sees the prequels and says "Well Yoda is so much stronger with the force" or "Mace Windu is better with a saber than Luke was", but I see all these fancy new force powers and lightsaber as just special effects in order to make ticket sales. I'm not going to lie, my favorite Star Wars scene is Darth Maul Vs. Qui Gonn Jinn and Obi Wan Kenobi, but as far as being a true Jedi, no one exemplifies this more than Luke Skywalker. He was thrown into the life of the Jedi and forced to go from a farm-boy on a planet with two suns, to become one of the most respected and feared forces in the galaxy. He may not be the best with a lightsaber or as keen with his senses in the force, but that is because their was no order to train him. He had very little training from Yoda and Obi Wan and still had the courage to take down not only a galactic empire, but to fight his father.

P.S. Mark Hamil is one of my favorite actors ever and maybe I am more bias because of that. Not only is he my favorite Jedi, but he is also my favorite Joker of all time. Seriously, no one does a Joker better than Mark Hamil and it was a very sad moment for me when I heard he was retiring from his role after Arkham City.

Edited by Strangebrewx

4 years.

Luke is the greatest Jedi Ever, even if it wasn't stated by Lucas. What Jedi has come close to him?

I fully believe that Ben Kenobi was channeling his power into Luke. This allowed him to advance exponentially faster then he should have been able to on his own.

I said it a few pages ago, and I'll say it again, Reven is the most powerful/skilled Jedi that we know of.

Edited by JarenVestrit

I fully believe that Ben Kenobi was channeling his power into Luke. This allowed him to advance exponentially faster then he should have been able to on his own.

I said it a few pages ago, and I'll say it again, Reven is the most powerful/skilled Jedi that we know of.

No he isn't. Revan hasn't manipulated a black hole, created an entire starfleet via illusions with the force. He hasn't turned back a force attack capable of devastating a planet. He hasn't been quoted to claiming to be able to move star destroyers at ease or moving faster than the eye can see. Revan hasn't been stated to be able to see the past. Nor has he demonstrated the ability to warp objects from one place to another. He hasn't shown the power to destroy an entire citadel with the force and rebuild it within moments. He hasn't walked on lava unharmed or many of the other feats Luke Skywalker has done.

If it was Luke against Malak and the starforge Malak would be shocked to see the number of starships triple. He'd have been cut down before he could even draw in the life force of the various imprisoned Jedi. There'd have been no fight. Sidious alone would be able to destroy the Star Forge without even setting foot on it by simply creating a wormhole to obliterate it. Revan is strong that's for sure. One of the top characters but you cannot really compare him to the likes of Luke or Sidious.

Edited by Rhyltran

What?....

"Without a Master, it was Luke's unparalleled aptitude, which contributed in the impossible advancement of his skills."

I'm sure Jania is completely wonderful, but she isn't part of the six movies so i don't consider it lore. :) There has to be a cut-off when it comes to star wars lore... there are so many authors that is has become one big fan fiction fest. So that is why i stick with the movies.

That's great that you don't..but it's all part of the lore and is official regardless of the world you want to live in.

Wow, that's wrong on so many levels. Obviously you're in love with the character that you played..but canonically he's def not any such thing.

Wait, so if it happened in a video game, that makes it ok, but if you have to read it, then it's not valid? Wow..that's just....yeah...