3 gathering profs overkill?

Kurugi

Basically my approach to tradeskills in any new MMO where I'm just focused on leveling at the start I tend to just grab gathering professions so I can just sell mats while I level. I always view taking the time out of leveling to level crafting skills instead is just time wasted since most of the time the main benefits of a profession aren't until level cap anyway.

Is the same true here? I had someone tell me leveling an actual production skill isn't that time consuming.

Basically my approach to tradeskills in any new MMO where I'm just focused on leveling at the start I tend to just grab gathering professions so I can just sell mats while I level. I always view taking the time out of leveling to level crafting skills instead is just time wasted since most of the time the main benefits of a profession aren't until level cap anyway.

Is the same true here? I had someone tell me leveling an actual production skill isn't that time consuming.

It's pretty much true, though BioChem is kinda nice for leveling. I'd sell off the mats you produce, but keep all your bioanalysis ones. Drop the other two at max level, then get diplomacy and biochem. Power it up and you're ready to go.

I have slicing/archaeology/bioanalysis currently. I'm banking all the mats from both I'd need to level them to 400, and an alt gets enough to make some stims/medpacs.

Just questing/slicing at 25 I had 125k credits. Money is ridiculously easy to get as long as you're not crafting/spending it foolishly.

That said if your not a healer or have a healing companion early in the game, biochem may be worth it. Then again just buying the medpacs with all the cash you make works as well.

It's not overkill, but it definitely gets boring after a while. I did 3x gather and made ok money, but I'm having much more fun leveling Cybertech. If you're looking just for money bio, UT and scav seem to sell the best. There are almost never level 100-300 scav mats available for sale on our GTN...they sell almost immediately.