Simplify Crew Skills

Danglar

After playing about five MMORPGs the past nine years , i must admit that SWTOR has one of The MOST complicated crew skill system. If someone is playing a Mmorpg for the first time of his life then its once in a bilion if he even understands a bit of the crew skills. Lack of information , hard to browse , impossible to understand which one suits your character and which one is supposed to combine with the other one. Needs a lot of work in my opinion, must change , must get simplified.

I don't think so, it is already extremely simple.

Codex and tutorial explains most stuff - you just have to read it and don't close the windows without reading them.

Crafting itself is also very simple - just 1 click, waiting until companion is back, done.

If you are looking for really complex crafting systems try SWG or the probably most complex crafting of Vanguard (which has its own sphere for crafting with own xp, own crafting clothes, own tools, own abilities - and the crafting process itself is a very complex and reactive "fight" of up to 30+ different clicks), where you are able to even craft palaces or galleons.

Edited by Zarass

SWTOR has the easiest trade skill system in an MMO, and assuming you have the materials for it you can raise it to max level in only a few hours. There are plenty of guides and charts out there that tell you exactly what to do and what crafting skill requires what gathering skills.

After playing about five MMORPGs the past nine years , i must admit that SWTOR has one of The MOST complicated crew skill system. If someone is playing a Mmorpg for the first time of his life then its once in a bilion if he even understands a bit of the crew skills. Lack of information , hard to browse , impossible to understand which one suits your character and which one is supposed to combine with the other one. Needs a lot of work in my opinion, must change , must get simplified.

not sure if troll or idiot

First time player here, and I figured it out.

The only gripe I had with the codex tutorials was recommending Slicing to go along with certain craft skills. What it failed to make clear was that sure, Slicing is great for getting schematics, but without the appropriate gathering skill for mats, I wasn't going to get anywhere useful. :p

You mus have never played EVE online or Star Wars Galaxies lol