Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guild tax for the guild bank..

da_jon
03.01.2013 , 03:08 PM | #31
Why not just auto-redirect 1% of all earned credits (from mobs, missions, leveling, pvp) directly to the guild bank. Just don't auto redirect from GTN sales as that is where the individual really earns their own credits. Could also put in a mechanic that when you are in a group the amount of credits earned goes up (to account for the split between members and additional tax if from different guilds). I think this would be a feasible solution. The tax could be a fixed rate as an option that the guild master can turn on or off. On the one side some guilds may just not want to be taxed at all, where as in our guild we were just discussing during our raid last night that it would be a good option to have a tax available to offset repair costs of our progression raiding.

anonnn
03.01.2013 , 03:43 PM | #32
Well I only want to respond to this mis-conception this last time... the idea isn't actually to "tax" the guild members and take money from them every time they earn credits. The idea is to generate credits for free as an extra amount of credits, that only get generated if the player is a member of a guild. These free bonus credits get deposited directly into the guild bank.

Although... this makes adding new members to a guild sort of like dialing up the income potential of the guild, so it might make some guild leaders a little over-zealous to get as many people into their guild as possible, as well as not as careful about screening people they're considering inviting to the guild.
Boring conversation anyway.
Think twice. . . Think again.
Nullius in verba. . .

da_jon
03.01.2013 , 04:05 PM | #33
I read the thread before posting and saw both tax and bonus credits mentioned. I am just stating that a tax that is opt in by the guild leader makes more sense. It is easier to take 1 percent of credits earned than to try and get guild members to donate large sums of money into the guild bank. It could even be an option based on guild rank that all progression raiders pay a 1 percent tax on credits earned to offset guild costs. I am not saying it should be a forced oe imposed tax but an optional one. The free credit idea will just cause guilds to blindly recruit for credits which is not the point of this suggestion.

anonnn
03.01.2013 , 05:01 PM | #34
I don't think an actual tax on guild members would be a good thing to even make optional... it would create a certain stigmata on joining any guild, and a lot of people might just decide to remain guild-less as a result. Instead it should be something that absolutely no one would ever complain about... bonus guild credits.

I'll just suggest a couple of terms for the two types of possible Guild bonuses:
  • Bonus Credits: free credits generated every time a guild member earns or loots credits by completing a mission or other non-GTN source of earned credits, which are immediately deposited into the guild's bank account
  • Account Bonus: free credits generated once a week at the [WEEKLY] mission reset time, where the amount of money currently in the Guild's bank account earns a percentage of additional credits for the guild. The percentage rate is determined by how much active play time guild members have engaged in during the week.

To fix the issue you echoed (where guild leaders will blindly recruit every player possible in order to increase their Account Bonus), maybe the percentage rate for the Account Bonus could be based not on the number of members in the guild; rather it could be based on the amount of playtime that guild-members have been actively in-game. Obviously this has afk'ing exploits ... unless it's computed from something like the number of missions completed... and FPs/Ops would count for more than small quick planet missions. There could also be small boosts to the Account Bonus percentage for significant achievements, such as when a guild member gains a level.

The Bonus Credits seem to me to not have any problematic issues like the Account Bonus does... the guild simply gets a small percentage of free credits deposited to its account any time a guild member earns credits in any way other than on the GTN>
Nullius in verba. . .

SlimSanta
03.02.2013 , 06:26 AM | #35
Well it certainly cannot be playtime based, as many people just come online for progression. It also has to be fair on smaller and/or newer guilds to prevent the strong to get an ever greater distance from the weaker ones.

Another problem would be people having 5 level 50's they could just do EV/KP SM with in no-time. That would generate higher rates then a fresh guild with members that only has 1-2 characters.

The best way to decide interest rate would be to sign the guild or something with your account, and you could only sign one guild. In order to give the guild a higher interest rate, you need to complete x amount of missions/weeklies/dailies to allow leveling guilds to have the same benefit as pure endgame guilds. Leveling guilds would of course not get as much money since they have less money to generate interest with, but at least they get the same interest.

The interest should also only be effected by member ranks with guild-repair access, to prevent guildmasters to mass-recruit.

- 1. Interest based on missions completed, whatever the level.
2. Interest from guildbank funds must have a hardcap of 500k per week
- Account needs to have signet the guild.
- Character needs to have guild repair funds access.
The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is for Good Men To Do Nothing...

Loryk
03.02.2013 , 09:32 AM | #36
The main problem I see with it is guilds put say, 5 million creds into the guild bank. Then they generate massive amounts of money from it. With that, a guild could overstimulate the economy. As long as there's a limit to it, it would be a very cool idea.

SW:TOR On Mac OS X 
Bootcamp Tutorial/thread!

SlimSanta
03.02.2013 , 09:45 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Loryk View Post
The main problem I see with it is guilds put say, 5 million creds into the guild bank. Then they generate massive amounts of money from it. With that, a guild could overstimulate the economy. As long as there's a limit to it, it would be a very cool idea.
if you read my post earlier in the thread, 10'000'000 credits would generate 250k per week. A rather low amount, and if all members that fulfills the criteria for increasing the guild interest (meaning they also have access to guild repair funds) there is no risk of inflation.

Say it takes 30-50 accounts signing the guild (and they can only be signed to one at a time) the guild achieves 2.5% interest, with 250k generated each week they will go in maybe a 250k loss each week, easily.

So in no way will 5'000'000 credits generate "massive amounts".
The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is for Good Men To Do Nothing...

anonnn
03.02.2013 , 10:51 AM | #38
Could someone explain what is meant by "progression" guild? I thought it meant progressing through levels, as in a leveling guild, but in the context of the post that is a few before this one, that definition doesn't seem to fit.
Nullius in verba. . .

MajikMyst
03.02.2013 , 10:57 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by anonnn View Post
Could someone explain what is meant by "progression" guild? I thought it meant progressing through levels, as in a leveling guild, but in the context of the post that is a few before this one, that definition doesn't seem to fit.
It can have many definitions.. But typically speaking, it is refering to a PVE guild that is progressing through the ops or raids.. It refers to op or raid progression..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

anonnn
03.02.2013 , 01:02 PM | #40
Ok well I've been trying to think up a dramatically excellent way to compute the Account Bonus properly, but it's very difficult so I'll just state the generic objectives of what qualities it needs to have:
  • all guilds should earn a certain minimum weekly interest rate, with a variable hard cap (~1M - 10M) on the amount of credits they can earn, varying depending upon the number of significantly active guild member accounts that week
  • the (weekly) interest rate itself is also variable (~0.25% - 2.0%) each week, and will vary depending upon the activity of the guild members that week (let's call these Weekly Contributions). On a simple 2M guild account balance, that interest rate would generate (~5k - 40k) credits

The following activities could be considered a Weekly Contribution of a to-be-decided magnitude:
  • finishing FPs/Ops/Warzones/other missions, partially (if applicable) or to completion, varying depending on the difficulty of the mission
  • crafting items, varying depending on the level of the item
  • any discernible micro-achievements, such as exploring planet areas for the first time, defeating random mobs or opposite-faction players around planets, collecting Datacrons, or scavenging for your own materials... all of these varying somewhat according to the level or difficulty

Notice there need to be limitations on what can affect the computed Weekly Contribution and thus change that week's interest rate or cap:
  • inactive players who don't login that week (notice this includes alts that don't get logged that week) don't count at all towards the Weekly Contribution
  • having inactive players should never have an adverse impact on the guild's interest rate or cap for the week
  • tiny guilds could never raise the hard cap above the minimum amount of ~1M / week, to prevent the exploit of tuning the guild to earn an unfair amount of credits
  • massive guilds would be the only guilds that have the potential of reaching the maximum interest rate and maximum cap, though to achieve the maximum should be very difficult... this would require an increase in the amount of the guild's Weekly Contributions required to raise the weekly interest rate further, as it approaches the maximum of ~2.0%
  • if possible, the Weekly Contribution criteria and the computation of the Account Bonus interest rate and weekly hard cap should only encourage one thing for a guild's leader/officers ... to get active players into their guild
Nullius in verba. . .