Am I the only one who thinks Troopers are a little "Strong"?

Oboros

Honestly been thinking about making a topic about this, but have avoided doing so until now to avoid the massive flame festivals that would be thrown in my honor..

I definatly belive Troopers/Bounty Hunters are to strong/versatile, I personally don't feel the sorcerer which people love to whine about is a problem, but the trooper/bh just feels ridicilous.

Heavy Armor.

Ranged.

Bubble.

Pull.

Push.

Charge.

Aoe knockback with snare.

Plenty of AoE damage and single targt damage.

As much CC as any other class.

While having one or mabye two bounty hunters/troopers in a pvp match can be fine and seem balanced, once you see a team getting 3+ bounty hunters/troopers the game turns into a nightmare, especially on huttball.

PS: for those replying after me, plx don't flame, remeber is christmas! let me have my opinions! pretty please with sugar on!

Honestly been thinking about making a topic about this, but have avoided doing so until now to avoid the massive flame festivals that would be thrown in my honor..

I definatly belive Troopers/Bounty Hunters are to strong/versatile, I personally don't feel the sorcerer which people love to whine about is a problem, but the trooper/bh just feels ridicilous.

Heavy Armor.

Ranged.

Bubble.

Pull.

Push.

Charge.

While having one or mabye two bounty hunters/troopers in a pvp match can be fine and seem balanced, once you see a team getting 3+ bounty hunters/troopers the game turns into a nightmare, especially on huttball.

PS: for those replying after me, plx don't flame, remeber is christmas! let me have my opinions! pretty please with sugar on!

LOL this guy wants to nerf the Republics troopers and thinks Inquisitors are fine.....LOL

Aww its okay big boy, your inquisitor will get nerfed and you'll be all over here whining. Can't wait.

lol, I play trooper.

And yes, I do think troopers are a bit over the top. When I play Gunnery, I spam Grav Round and High Impact Bolt, Mortar Volley if people are grouped, and Im usually at the top at the end of a game.

When I play Medic, its a bit more balanced (as far as healers go, which is a whole other argument), and I enjoy it more.

Aww its okay big boy, your inquisitor will get nerfed and you'll be all over here whining. Can't wait.

If that happens after that will be the trooper/bh nerf, followed by smuggler IA nerf, followed by.....

The classes are fine. I see sorcerers get rocked all the time and see troopers/bhs/smugglers/ia at the top of the charts regularly.

1. Learn Troopers. Play them, play their advanced classes. Learn their strengths and weaknesses. Also learn that Vanguards don't have an AoE push with a snare, and that you aren't seperating abilities based on classes. And our "Bubble" is a very short timer with only 25% damage decrease, with a cooldown. At best, we can shorten the cooldown and remove snares, not much more. If I have to point out any other problems, you don't know the class and need to ****.

2. The only reason Sith Sorcs are called OP is because their is a lack of Gunslingers and DPS Commandos on the Republic side. I see tons of Sages, Vanguards and Jedi Knights of both classes. Not enough Gunslingers. More of them will down Sorcs in seconds. Trust me.

Edited by Zeromentor

Heavy Armor.

Ranged.

Bubble.

Pull.

Push.

Charge.

You do realize you are including both ACs here, right? Powertechs are the only ones with formidable defense options and pull, while Mercs are the ones with range, AOE and knockbacks. You can't have what you have on that list as one character.

A lot of people seem to also be missing the main weakness to Commando/Merc Troopers/BH (I am only going to respond about Merc/Commando, because I haven't played Powertech/Vanguard):

We are essentially immobile when we do our damage rotations. Once we are being chased, we have to dedicated all of our heat to abilities like Electro-dart, Jet Boost and (talented) Rocket Punches to get breathing room. In terms of damage while on the move, there is absolutely nothing there that can effectively drop a target. Our only "on-the-move" options are Heatseeker Missiles (low damage without heat signatures), Explosive Dart (low single target damage), Rail Shot (requires a heat signature/damaging debuff/incap. effect) and Missile Blast (expensive and relatively low damage - most BHs remove this from their bars once they get Tracer).

The problem lies where people just let a BH free cast, which is no different than standing there and letting an assassin get free back stabs - you are going to suffer the damage.

If there is a particular element of Trooper/BH play that you feel is overtuned, then please respond intelligently. However, I don't buy this whole "they have no weakness look at all their special toys" argument.

Alot of people suck at pvp and just don't want to admit it.

I agree that it's abit imbalanced that ranged have superior cc abilities early game and that bolstering doesn't change the fact that higher level classes have more abilities and better gear stats.

That said I don't think it will be a problem within a month or 2 from now.

I see more Sith Inquisitors than any other class followed by bounty hunter and I believe that's because all these people heard how op these classes are....at early to mid-game.

I won't be surprised when alot of these people have a rude awakening when facing skilled level 50 Sith Warriors and Operatives etc.

I had a handful of 1v1's today as a lvl 17-20 Immortal spec Juggernaut and they were all against 40+ classes. One was against a 47 jedi shadow that just "barely" beat my lvl 17 tank. At 20 I went toe to toe with a trooper tank that was 43 and was probably going to beat him as I had about 20% hp and he had around 15% before a team mate of his jumped in to help him.

With Saber Ward up it took a jedi consular and jedi sentinel together 30+ seconds to kill me 1v1 and I almost killed the consular.

I will claim that I am a good pvp'er and know how to play, but I also admit that I am not all that either. If I can do this well against supposedly "op" classes when they have a significant level and gear advantage then it kinda render these op discussions obsolete imo.

Troopers are not that strong, they are sturdy, but their damage is easily locked down. Interrupt their main spam attack and they will just stand there "olol wut I do nao?" and/or put some pressure on them and see their damage tanks, since they will be too busy running around or getting cc'ed and pushed back and not casting.

Also, armor reducing abilities are a nice touch there too.

Troopers do good only because there is too much tunnel visioning going on currently with melee charging nearest melee and being oblivious to the surroundings.

Edited by Gaidax

Everytime i see " enemy or ally is unbeatable" guess wat its mostly bhs/ troopers . I m not saying other classes dont get this im sniper and i get it too but not as often atleast every single time "immortals" r bhs and troopers. They r drfinitely op and i know most agree

Im sniper and i dont have hard time vs inqui/ cons coz they not tanky atleast

Bhs and trooper can tank the most and dps at same time

Edited by nomanking

Troopers? tough that armor mitigation and shield makes them tough. I just keep plugging and LOS their shots if they start to kite me and I can't make up the distance. If they pop that damage reduction shield I just blind them with a flash grenade.

Heavy Armor.

Ranged.

Bubble.

Pull.

Push.

Charge.

You realise you listed all CC from BOTH sides of the AC right? That's 2 COMPLETELY different classes you just listed all the CC for as if they are the same class. For example...Charge is a level 30 TALENT ability for the TANK only...meaning you have to spec for it. But the dps versions don't get it...

You realise you listed all CC from BOTH sides of the AC right? That's 2 COMPLETELY different classes you just listed all the CC for as if they are the same class. For example...Charge is a level 30 TALENT ability for the TANK only...meaning you have to spec for it. But the dps versions don't get it...

Well it is a classic technique aimed at attract the support of the unwashed ignorant masses, I bet if he would claim that Troopers can summon dragon mounts that fart fire at their enemies, there would be quite a few people saying "Tis is so!"