SWTOR landed in the top 10

xordevoreaux

As an original Guild Wars player, I despise Guild Wars 2. Its horrible to play and they turned the lore upside down and inside out.

Its been years since I've seen any gear that lightside or darkside specific in SWTOR. And they eliminated the actually negative reaction of companions to certain choices when they changed affection to influence.

As an original Guild Wars player, I despise Guild Wars 2. Its horrible to play and they turned the lore upside down and inside out.

Exactly how I felt as well. I'm still unhappy that Ascalon was not restored as a human kingdom. Removal of click-to-move, changing the relationship with Charr, conjuring the Sylvari...

The Guild Wars Wikis (1 and 2) are something else altogether.

Edited by mike_carton

I'm sorry, but it gives LOTRO graphics as Good, while SWTOR as average? Really?

To be honest, they are average, until you get to the later planets, I know they have been working on them, but when you go to the new planets, in full settings, and then go back to the earlier ones, you can see a huge difference.

To be honest, they are average, until you get to the later planets, I know they have been working on them, but when you go to the new planets, in full settings, and then go back to the earlier ones, you can see a huge difference.

Correct ... Hence my own evaluation that the people who are actually doing the "work" (particularly the art work department) is quite capable of getting the job done (as far as continuing to develop SWTOR).

It is unfortunate to see so many "other issues" continue to overshadow what could and SHOULD be THE premier game on the market.

If only someone far enough up the food chain of EA shared equally in the desire for the expansion, growth, story driven game that so many players are wanting right now. That success is only limited by vision and desire !!

Edited by OlBuzzard

I'm sorry, but it gives LOTRO graphics as Good, while SWTOR as average? Really?

I guess when you consider visual glitches and bugs, SWTOR loses a lot of points from that. The graphics may be decent, but when a cape is waggling through one's lower torso during an intense action scene or serious moment, it kind of spoils the fun.

I really prefer GW1 as well. I do still play both from time to time. GW2, I suppose, has it's own charm as well but I'm really not happy with how it turned out as a GW title. And the story line is like:

Kill this evil dragon

Kill another dragon

Kill yet another dragon

etc.

It should've been called Dragon Wars really.

Its been years since I've seen any gear that lightside or darkside specific in SWTOR. And they eliminated the actually negative reaction of companions to certain choices when they changed affection to influence.

Well they abandoned that concept, just as with the crystals being restricted to those alignments. However, the LS and DS vendors do have something still, don't they?

Are there more than 10 MMOs out there? It seems that making the top 10 in a segment with very few games is not that much of an achievement.

And yeah, as someone said the graphics rating makes no sense, but oh well, it's just a guy's opinion anyway.

Yes, dozens if not hundreds. Most of them are cheap write-offs that won't be around in a few years.

https://www.mmorpg.com/games-list

I guess when you consider visual glitches and bugs, SWTOR loses a lot of points from that. The graphics may be decent, but when a cape is waggling through one's lower torso during an intense action scene or serious moment, it kind of spoils the fun.

LOTRO's art style is really impressive. When it comes to sceneries, old ruins and so on, the game is very aesthetically pleasing. Here and there, you come across some life long Tolkien scholars praising attention to detail and whatnot when it comes to visuals. Even today nature, sceneries and so on look pretty impressive there. There's plenty of vastness to be had and graphics do good job underlining it.Character models, animations and some other things have aged terribly though. If you have people/characters on your screen, game looks even older than it is.

Edited by Stradlin

LOTRO's art style is really impressive. When it comes to sceneries, old ruins and so on, the game is very aesthetically pleasing. Here and there, you come across some life long Tolkien scholars praising attention to detail and whatnot when it comes to visuals. Even today nature, sceneries and so on look pretty impressive there. There's plenty of vastness to be had and graphics do good job underlining it.Character models, animations and some other things have aged terribly though. If you have people/characters on your screen, game looks even older than it is.

Ah yes, I was going on character models, to me that's like top priority, then sceneries. I can't stand playing horrible looking toons, major turn off. But when done well, it's a major incentive for me.

Yes, dozens if not hundreds. Most of them are cheap write-offs that won't be around in a few years.

https://www.mmorpg.com/games-list

Well that wasn't meant as literally as you took it. People don't know any of those usually. They're not in the front line when it comes to MMOs. So discounting the cheap write-offs as you call it there really isn't much more than that top 10. Maybe a few more but the point is that there's not much competition for the top 10 of MMOs.