Than you Disney.

Now all the horrible writing is gone. Luke standing on a black hole type of unrealistic garbage is no longer cannon. Palpatine is no longer the strongest sith of all time. Disney is doing right by the Marvel movies and it looks like they will do the same for the SW movies.

Now all the horrible writing is gone. Luke standing on a black hole type of unrealistic garbage is no longer cannon. Palpatine is no longer the strongest sith of all time. Disney is doing right by the Marvel movies and it looks like they will do the same for the SW movies.

Palpatine is still the strongest Sith. Especially so now, since most of the Sith in the canon who would've rivaled him have been relegated to "Legends" status. As of now, the only confirmed Sith in this new continuity are Bane, Sidious, Maul, Tyranus and Vader. I think Palpatine's title is safe for now.

But yeah, I am glad they're starting over. Hopefully now Lucasfilm will be able to make a better canon, take all the good stuff from the Legends collection and re-canonize it and leave all the stupid sh*t out.

Edited by Sanguiluna

no more yuhzan vong,I hated those with a passion all those books,even though I didnt read but a few

No more trying to make Star wars into a generic sci fi book series.

their not canon,didnt happen never will,If I could I would dance around a bonfire of all the books and comics with them in existence being lit up

ok ok ill stop being spiteful now:P but I really hated the idea of the "yuhzan vong" that it almost turned me against the EU as a whole,very close..I disowned all post Rotj EU long ago

Palpatine is no longer the strongest sith of all time.

More like, "Thank GOD ALMIGHTY there is no longer debate about the most powerful sith lord because Vitiate doesn't exist and no other existing sith comes anywhere close to licking Palp's shoes."

I cite

, this,
, this,
, etc... And these are just the canon accounts on film/tv which are essentially the only real sources of canon left.

Yeah I think that is what you meant to say.

Otherwise I have mixed feelings, I actually enjoy the EU (cept the Vong, glad they're gone).

Now the most important question though. What to do with the Mandalorians? Honestly, if the Lucas Story Group screws them up I will probably give up star wars altogether. But we'll see...

Edited by StarSquirrel

Yeah thank god that crazy stuff like Darth Maul without explanation randomly showing halfway across the galaxy from naboo as a cybernetic spider. Or Count Dooku the powerful lord of the Sith getting captured by mere pirates. Or Anakin having an apprentice for no reason that randomly disappears and then is never mentioned again, or Sy Snootle having a romantic relationship with a Hutt 20 times her size. Yeah, Thank god all that stuff is no longer canon.

Oh wait..........

Yeah thank god that crazy stuff like Darth Maul without explanation randomly showing halfway across the galaxy from naboo as a cybernetic spider. Or Count Dooku the powerful lord of the Sith getting captured by mere pirates. Or Anakin having an apprentice for no reason that randomly disappears and then is never mentioned again, or Sy Snootle having a romantic relationship with a Hutt 20 times her size. Yeah, Thank god all that stuff is no longer canon.

Oh wait..........

I never said TCW was perfect, in fact I never said I liked it at all.

Wait, then what are you saying? I mean, it is obviously trying to mock me but I think you missed the point entirely. Go back, reread, then try again.

Edited by StarSquirrel

I never said TCW was perfect, in fact I never said I liked it at all.

Wait, then what are you saying? I mean, it is obviously trying to mock me but I think you missed the point entirely. Go back, reread, then try again.

I wasn't mocking you (TBH I hadn't even read your post when I typed my response). I was mocking the OP and the idea that the EU should be discarded just because some of the stuff in it is pretty bad. The argument really doesn't hold up when half of the movies and a significant portion of the TV show were pretty bad themselves

. I thought your post was reasonable, there is some stuff in the EU I'm not overly sad to see go myself and yes Palps is the most powerfull sith lord. Just like he was before the announcement. But especially after the announcement nobody still technically still present in the disneyverse can come close to even licking his boots.

The Mando stuff I 100% agree with too, oh and if Ashoka show up in episode seven, I'm walking out of the theater.

Edited by TheBentOne

I wasn't mocking you (TBH I hadn't even read your post when I typed my response). I was mocking the OP and the idea that the EU should be discarded just because some of the stuff in it is pretty bad. The argument really doesn't hold up when half of the movies and a significant portion of the TV show were pretty bad themselves

. I thought your post was reasonable, there is some stuff in the EU I'm not overly sad to see go myself and yes Palps is the most powerfull sith lord. Just like he was before the announcement. But especially after the announcement nobody still technically still present in the disneyverse can come close to even licking his boots.

The Mando stuff I 100% agree with too, oh and if Ashoka show up in episode seven, I'm walking out of the theater.

Ah, your lead in was very similar to mine in tone and word usage so I jumped to that conclusion. My apologies.

And lol I know what you mean. Ahsoka isn't the worst character ever, but she certainly doesn't belong in Episode VII. Maybe Rebels, I'd still like to find out what happened to her...

Considering it is now official as of today that the games, as well as the novels, are also no longer canon... I'd temper your enthusiasm. That includes SWTOR as well. :(

Considering it is now official as of today that the games, as well as the novels, are also no longer canon... I'd temper your enthusiasm. That includes SWTOR as well. :(

They alreday said that they are keeping it as is, so who knows.