KOTOR SWRPG (Canonically speaking)

Maj-Odo

"Greeting: Hello fellow meatbags." ~ HK-47 :d_cool:

Anyway, I GM for a few games and recently I am GM-ing for a KOTOR styled SWRPG adventure that I am creating with the given KOTOR d20 rulebook, and the d20 RCR. My question on canon is really on the historical aspect of aliens and their discovery.

One of the players in this session (amongst some of my friends) is my mother, who grew up with episodes IV, V, VI and she liked the Ewoks and Yoda. (She likes the cute little guys, LOL).

So, I said (without knowing), "So do you want to be an alien or a Human? If alien, what race?"

She replied, "I want my character's race to be Yoda's race."

I stated, "That is not possible because George Lucas never revealed the name, planet of origin or history of Yoda's race."

So my mother asked, "What about an Ewok?"

Without knowing too much about canon I said, "Sure."

Now, I am wondering. This adventure, campaign, etc. is in the era of KOTOR which is the Old Republic era. Now I know that ewoks made their first appearance in the movies towards the victory of the Rebellion. And I was wondering (and this is my question): Were ewoks founded at that time in the Star Wars Universe, or had they always been discovered?

Edited by Maj-Odo

Endor, never mind it's Forest Moon wasn't even on the map, which is why the Empire picked that system to build Death Star II in.

So you're saying that the campaign wouldn't be canon if I allowed a player to make their character an ewok. Okay. that is the reason why I posted here. So I can get some answers. My only other option for my mother to have her character as is a Jawa if she so ever wanted to play a little alien race. Otherwise, there are plenty of other races from the Alien Anthology and in the Saga edition Knights of the Old Republic campaign manual she can choose from as well.

I know from playing SWTOR, that on Tatooine there was a quest where you either killed or imprisoned a Force sensitive Jawa.

The reason why I brought this up is because my mother wanted the ewok to be force sensitive. Yet I did think to myself in my head that a level 1 has a primitive stat that forced level 1 ewoks to have no weapon proficiencies regardless of class, until the ewok leveled to at least level 2.

But I'll take your comment to note and spread it around to my group.