Love this game - so much better than WoW

Kaelshi

WoW's non existent storyline made it an exercise in time sinking level 1-85. The only reason I knew anything about the storyline was from my own research OUTSIDE of the game.

After 10 levels your already immersed deeply in a story that has lots of intrigue.

There is not even a comparison between the boring time-sink wow leveling and the interesting, exciting swtor.

As for end-game the groups are much more fun and less full of arrogant people.

It is fun to figure out what works best where, which classes work best with which classes etc.

Everything in WoW is so old and stale that even things that are similar between the two games are much more fun to do(crafting for instance, i LOVE being able to continue on with other activities while I send my crew out to acquire stuff and craft items)

WoW is so boring after so long - even the things I see some whiny people complain about aren't really problems but issues they have personally(like not having an LFG tool, which is thankfully incoming for us casual players - if implemented similiarly to current version of WoW's - which allows cross-server friending and the new battle tag system, will be so much better than WoW)

There are more ops in swtor than WoW usually has(the most recent additions bumped up heroics but still only a few people do regularly that are any sort of "challenge" - swtor is a challenge thank god)

So thank you Bioware for breaking the boringness of WoW. I feel sorry for people who go back into that mind numbingly boring time sink that is the WoW rinse-repeat endgame of doing the same exact thing over and over and over again and pretending it's "fun".

I also LOVE the mod system for gear :)

THANKS BW!

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

But he has to come onto the forums to tell us its such a better game than WoW so maybe some of the people on the forums would actually log into the game.

... so you have a problem with me logging onto the star wars the old republic forums to say I like the game?

why?

I mean if this were the WoW forums I could understand why it might be wierd. Or if I were a jerk who was logging onto these forums to complain non-stop about the game after I already quit.

but I play the game, love it, and so i logged onto the forum of the game that I am playing and said so.

why do you care?

oh - i've been in and out all day I recognize your name now - you're one of those people who said they've quit already, hate the game, but have more posts than most of us combined who still play it - no wonder you care.

Edited by Kaelshi

The only thing TOR excells at is the storylines. Of course the simple quests from WoW don't beat that.

The thing is, you get bored extremely fast once you're at max lvl, whereas WoW actually BEGINS when you've reached max lvl.

That's where Bioware gone horribly wrong.

The only thing TOR excells at is the storylines. Of course the simple quests from WoW don't beat that.

The thing is, you get bored extremely fast once you're at max lvl, whereas WoW actually BEGINS when you've reached max lvl.

I don't. and this thread was started by me, about how much I like the game. so take your opinion no one asked for elsewhere.

and wow-endgame is incredibly boring. You don't learn anything from completeing the expoe achievements. it is just a matter of flying around until it pops and then flying to the next. no lore objects that tell a story or history of the area. No datacrons to learn even MORE history.

The best you can hope for from WoW? Grinding rep to get a piece of equipment. No World Boss's(and dont say raids because that is an apples/oranges comparison)

and the raids are cluster-****s in WoW - again - without any discernable story unless you read logs outside of the game.

WoW endgame is now and always has been an abject failure in originality.

Edited by Kaelshi

I like the game. I love the people I play with. They were the ones who kept me playing WoW for 6 years, not the game itself. They will again be the glue that keeps me here. So long as they play, I play. And they plan on staying a while.

WoW's non existent storyline made it an exercise in time sinking level 1-85. The only reason I knew anything about the storyline was from my own research OUTSIDE of the game.

The only people who think WoW didn't have a storyline either didn't play WoW and/or didn't pay attention. That's squarely on you.

After 10 levels your already immersed deeply in a story that has lots of intrigue.

Ok.

A good book has the ability to captivate you far more than any interactive video game. It's been happening for centuries. But books don't have digital actors... it relies on your imagination and your mind to voice the characters, picture the vistas and visualize the action. You don't "choose your story" but rather you become immersed in the story being told. Your imagination fills in the gaps and makes the story all that much more epic.

I'm convinced that players who prefer the story be "told" to them by digital actors have little to no imagination of their own. Having things spoon-fed leaves little room for imagination and creativity.

There is not even a comparison between the boring time-sink wow leveling and the interesting, exciting swtor.

I've never experienced a time sink quite like the "Bonus Series" in TOR. You're in denial if you think otherwise.

So thank you Bioware for breaking the boringness of WoW. I feel sorry for people who go back into that mind numbingly boring time sink that is the WoW rinse-repeat endgame of doing the same exact thing over and over and over again and pretending it's "fun".

THANKS BW!

It sounds like you're trying to convince mainly yourself that you like TOR and didn't waste $60. I wish you well.

Edited by Lethality

OMG people look at ur selfs. a guy posts that he really enjoys the game and u attack/mock him? seriously?

Nope. The point is, someone gives his opinion. You give your own, but because it's against his perfect image of TOR, you get told to shut up and that no one cares about your opinion.

This game is dying, because people are blind or don't want to face reality. When they are confronted with the truth, they get mad and flame you.

I've waited years on this game, ever since it's announcement. I'm a huge KotOR fan and would say that KotOR is the best game I've ever played. I would love to see TOR succeed. But the reality is that even though this game is a nice alternative to WoW, in the end WoW facerolls all over this game. Sad but true.

Edited by Notannos

The only people who think WoW didn't have a storyline either didn't play WoW and/or didn't pay attention. That's squarely on you.

Ok.

A good book has the ability to captivate you far more than any interactive video game. It's been happening for centuries. But books don't have digital actors... it relies on your imagination and your mind to voice the characters, picture the vistas and visualize the action. You don't "choose your story" but rather you become immersed in the story being told. Your imagination fills in the gaps and makes the story all that much more epic.

I'm convinced that players who prefer the story be "told" to them by digital actors have little to no imagination of their own. Having things spoon-fed leaves little room for imagination and creativity.

I've never experienced a time sink quite like the "Bonus Series" in TOR. You're in denial if you think otherwise.

It sounds like you're trying to convince mainly yourself that you like TOR and didn't waste $60. I wish you well.

Can you point out in my original post where I asked or suggested I care what you think about the game. This thread is about what I like about it - not you.

WoW does have a story line except most people skip over it. Sort of like in SWTOR where evryone is spacebaring though everything after they seen it once.

Its a class story and I do like how they have class stories but I wouldnt say deeply immersed since you know your not going to be able to contine the class line until you level up enough to get to the next planet.

They are exactly the same except you can say SWTOR is even more time since you have the cutscene to watch.

You dont see the arrogant people until LFG and LFR are introduced

It is fun to figure out what works best where, which classes work best with which classes etc.

No different than WoW except in WOW you have hardcore players that will help you figure it out if you like

Everything in WoW is so old and stale that even things that are similar between the two games are much more fun to do(crafting for instance, i LOVE being able to continue on with other activities while I send my crew out to acquire stuff and craft items)

You love doing crafting because instead of actually doing it you can let someone else(your companion) do it. Really thats fun? All the companions are in crafting and gathering is paying the game to get stuff for you so you dont have to do it. Just look at the load in scene tips "You can send your companions to do missions even when your not online!)

WoW is so boring after so long - even the things I see some whiny people complain about aren't really problems but issues they have personally(like not having an LFG tool, which is thankfully incoming for us casual players - if implemented similiarly to current version of WoW's - which allows cross-server friending and the new battle tag system, will be so much better than WoW)

WoW sucks,WoW is terrible but thank god that SWTOR is adding stuff that WoW had.

There are more ops in swtor than WoW usually has(the most recent additions bumped up heroics but still only a few people do regularly that are any sort of "challenge" - swtor is a challenge thank god)

Proof you never did them. Nightmare mode in this game is no where even close to hardmodes in WoW (before they nerf them for you casuals)

At least WoW has an end game SWTOR's endgame is do dailies.

THANKS BW!

Just log into the game and play it instead of coming into the forums and making up crap about how this isnt wow and is so much better. They are the same game except wow is actually polished where this one looks like they made it in 2003 and then just released it now without making any upgrades.

Can you point out in my original post where I asked or suggested I care what you think about the game. This thread is about what I like about it - not you.

By stating your opinion you're asking for either approval from people that feel the same way or disapproval from those who do not. If you really liked it and honestly didn't give 2 farts about what other people thought you'd have sat there happily and kept on playing, safe in the knowledge that you were pleasantly spending your time doing something you enjoy, instead of posting your views on a forum that is currently awash with hostility from both sides of the spectrum.

If you wanted to just say how happy you were with the game you could have done that privately though in-game feedback or through the CS forums. As such, you've done it in the general discussion forum, where, like it says on the tin, it will be discussed, in a hostile manner or otherwise.

... so you have a problem with me logging onto the star wars the old republic forums to say I like the game?

why?

I mean if this were the WoW forums I could understand why it might be wierd. Or if I were a jerk who was logging onto these forums to complain non-stop about the game after I already quit.

but I play the game, love it, and so i logged onto the forum of the game that I am playing and said so.

why do you care?

oh - i've been in and out all day I recognize your name now - you're one of those people who said they've quit already, hate the game, but have more posts than most of us combined who still play it - no wonder you care.

You know why I have so many posts? Its because everytime I try to play the game I cant play for more than 10-20 mins without quitting. I try every day to log inand see what you people still see in this game and I just cant. The forums are so much more fun, look even you are in them.

I don't. and this thread was started by me, about how much I like the game. so take your opinion no one asked for elsewhere.

and wow-endgame is incredibly boring. You don't learn anything from completeing the expoe achievements. it is just a matter of flying around until it pops and then flying to the next. no lore objects that tell a story or history of the area. No datacrons to learn even MORE history.

The best you can hope for from WoW? Grinding rep to get a piece of equipment. No World Boss's(and dont say raids because that is an apples/oranges comparison)

and the raids are cluster-****s in WoW - again - without any discernable story unless you read logs outside of the game.

WoW endgame is now and always has been an abject failure in originality.

Lol. Explain the originality of the swtor endgame. Everyone is waiting.

FYI WoW has existed since 2004. The endgame your talking about is not the same one that launched with vanilla WoW. The endgame back then is not the trivial pug crap people are talking about in it's current state. Certainly no guilds were lapping around MC less than a month after it was released.

Edited by grueber

WoW has a story line, one better than one im player here, however, there is a difference. WoW's story is played out in raids where SWTOR is done through leveling...obviously. I do think Cata's story is a bit weak but everything before has been rich in story and details.

Just like your favorite band or movie trilogy..there is always going to be that movie or album that just wasnt as good as the others.

what a load of tosh, wow only begins at max level due to it being out for 7 years and the entire playerbase being at max level, and the end game in wow is spectacular ? since when, the mind numbing dailies, achievements and wow the heroics are what i leveled to max level for ? look at yourself, you've turned into a wow drone. You accusing the OP of everything you doing yourself. shes entitled to her opinion and so are you, slating her opinion does not make yours any more valid.