Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What do you think of this Hybrid Build??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
What do you think of this Hybrid Build??

SkyVendor
11.24.2012 , 11:11 AM | #1
Hey,
Ive been Playing with the idea of being able to stay alive while doing allot of damage in pvp.

Ive tested this a little bit and it seems to work.

tell me what you think.
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#500GrRdzzMZZGr0ddfM.2

Segastorm
11.24.2012 , 11:22 AM | #2
seems okay, but why would you spec into both pulse and stasis mastery, one makes so it no longer has to be channeled, and one reduces the pushback spent from channeling it. It might also help a bit if you told us what stance you usually use.

cool-dude
11.27.2012 , 09:52 PM | #3
Eh...It's ok.

I prefer spending the rest of my points into vigilance once I get blade barrier and the ability that makes force choke active without a channel, with the exception of 4 points to buff up force sweep and master strike. the reason being is that vigilance makes it to where force sweep does not cost any rage, and unremitting granting immunity to all control effects and interrupts for 4 seconds after your first force leap. That means nobody can knock you back or interrupt your slaughter on to them for four whole seconds, enough time to get them half way dead or more.

Here's my current build for my juggernaut
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#50...zZdRrMR0zZMM.2
"Sarcasm is strong in this one"

thasensei
11.28.2012 , 07:08 AM | #4
It looks like the goal here is to hang out in Soresu and make liberal use of a strong Force Sweep. If you typically PVP with a group, this is probably a pretty solid strategy. However, if you typically run solo and can't rely on team tactics, you might find that you are more effective using a more offensive strategy.

I would suggest trying out Shii-cho form just to see what kind of effect that has on your survivability. If it's negligible, consider shifting some points into those Shii-cho specific talents to give you some more punch.

In my opinion, the only things really worth reaching for in the Defense tree are Warding Call and Stasis Mastery. I would say do the bare minimum that you have to do to get there, then dump everything else into the Focus tree.

Pilgrim_Grey
12.04.2012 , 06:22 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by cool-dude View Post
Eh...It's ok.

I prefer spending the rest of my points into vigilance once I get blade barrier and the ability that makes force choke active without a channel, with the exception of 4 points to buff up force sweep and master strike. the reason being is that vigilance makes it to where force sweep does not cost any rage, and unremitting granting immunity to all control effects and interrupts for 4 seconds after your first force leap. That means nobody can knock you back or interrupt your slaughter on to them for four whole seconds, enough time to get them half way dead or more.

Here's my current build for my juggernaut
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#50...zZdRrMR0zZMM.2
Is it worth grabbing Effluence when you have Courage, especially when pulling the point out of Effluence (and maybe one elsewhere) lets you put those into Shield Specialization? Seems like doing that would make you a bit tougher with Shield Spec, help Courage to fire more often, and still let Force Sweep not take too much focus from you.

Honestly just wondering, since I'm working on a hybrid Defense/Vig build (with a couple points in Focus like you) and want to make sure I have it set up well.

AllanGand
12.04.2012 , 09:26 PM | #6
how hard do your sweeps hit? I imagine you are doing around 3k-4k damage? and can get about 2 and a half sweeps in a 1 minute period?

It just doesn't seem worth it. If you want both damage and tanking vigilance defense hybrid is much better at it, and feels much more fluid than focus defense.