Balance the bloody medals....

Labradoraki

MEDALS are necessary to get commendations, the problem is that not all classes can get all medals....

lets put the medals in groups

4basics=75k damage, killling blow, 10 kills and 25 kills

Healing=70k heaing, 2.5 heal, 5kheal

defense medals=1k and rarely 3k

lets see

DPS operative=4 BASICS+healing+1x defense= 7 medals....

Dps sorc= the same... again 7 medals aka 70 commendations

dps powertech= 4 basics... no healing, 1 defense but no more since its dps... only 40 commendations

tanks are again balanced since they miss the healing

but what happens with powertechs that cant tank, cant heal and have weak melee damage as prototype and die a lot to ranged classes???and also cant score objecting cuz their defenses suck

but what happens with powertechs that cant tank, cant heal and have weak melee damage as prototype and die a lot to ranged classes???and also cant score objecting cuz their defenses suck

Sucks to be you if this happens. The medal system was poorly thought out on many levels but we are likely stuck with it as is for at least a little while. Sorry BW didn't think about your class when they design the game..

Sucks to be you if this happens. The medal system was poorly thought out on many levels but we are likely stuck with it as is for at least a little while. Sorry BW didn't think about your class when they design the game..

you dont know how frustrating it is to die every time you try ot kill someone and rely to grappling to get a kill without dying if the person doesnt run away fast or disappear....

you dont know how frustrating it is to die every time you try ot kill someone and rely to grappling to get a kill without dying if the person doesnt run away fast or disappear....

My favorite class is ops and we have similar problems in the open. While our dps is nice and we can always vanish, we absolutely should not be in the middle of fights. With limited mobility it makes the problem worse, so trust me I relate.

I didn't mean to say it was fair, but it is just the way the game is for the moment.. They fix this stuff and we have a great game, they don't and everyone will leave. Thats really what it is at this point...

My favorite class is ops and we have similar problems in the open. While our dps is nice and we can always vanish, we absolutely should not be in the middle of fights. With limited mobility it makes the problem worse, so trust me I relate.

I didn't mean to say it was fair, but it is just the way the game is for the moment.. They fix this stuff and we have a great game, they don't and everyone will leave. Thats really what it is at this point...

ops have ridiculous survability compared to powertecs... i get 7-8 meals usually and die 0-2 times... you can go on the healers or clothies behind and try kill themf ast and in the worst case scenario of being focused you can just dodge/disapear and be safe...

powertech has no stealth, no escape mechanisms, no huge damage, no armor since its dps, no powerful defense cooldowns like marauders....

You realise that as a DPS Powertech you still have two taunts right? And that using Taunts generates Protection points even without you taking extra damage? DPS builds of tank classes should have no issue getting at least a couple of tanking medals.

Its easy to get 8 medals as any class/spec just be good and you won't have to QQ so much. I pretty much get 7 medals purely pressing tracer missle without even critting for 2.5K. If your failing to get more then 4 medals I have no sympathy for you especially as a powertech who can throw guard on someone for 1 life and get 3 extra medals.

They were objective based medals... as dps powertech i have just as much armor as any other dps therefore i am weak and melee

Yes theay are objective medals but they still adress the issue, that you are able to get more medals.

As the previous poster stated, you can still easily get the first 2 protection medals by using taunts. As well as the 2,5 and 5k single hits (well the 5k... don't know if thats possible as I usually play shield). So I see no real issue.

i object to you saying adv. prototype powertechs are weak in pvp. i have one and even without grapple (i havent trained it yet) i do very well. an example of this is when, last week, i joined a huttball match in the last 4 minutes and my team was losing 2-0. i managed to score 30 seconds after i got in, then in the last minute get the ball to a teammate who i was guarding, and managed to get that teammate to score in the last 5 seconds of the game.

Adv. prototype powertechs are not underpowered, you just need to utilize your abilities to their fullest, and stop comparing yourself to others.

Edited by JediKier

Honestly the classes that are getting the short end of the stick right now are healers and pure dpsers(no heals or guard)

Pure dpsers are obviously bad off, 2.5k hit, 75k damage, 10 kills, 25 kills, 300k damage (maybe)

Healers(if they want to win and focus on healing) 2.5k heal, 5k heal, 75k healing, 300k healing.

Issue is healers don't often do that, instead they do what I do when I am with pugs and get to 75k healing or 300k healing, then hit 3i to 4 of the dps medals, which means they really arnt doing there job.

Hm...what would be a good alternative? Perhaps raising the requirement for total dmg medals to 100k, 150k and 200k and so on?

I see a lot of pure dps specs get those and only in very long matches with a lot of heals on the opposing side will non-dps classes get that high.

Just a thought.

Anyway they're adding 14 more achievable medals in 1.2. Hopefully they've considered something like this for all of our non-bursty dps classes in the game (of which there are a good number).

I'm not incredibly familiar with the class but I do play a guardian. If you have an AoE taunt AND a regular taunt you should have no issue getting the medals for 2k protection in 1 life, 5k total protection and 10k protection in 1 life. The 50,000 protection medal VERY difficult to get without an actual guard but the first 3 medals are easy. I've actually use my AoE taunt at the right time and gotten all 3 medals at the same time. It was kind of insane. Personally I think it's WAY too easy to get those medals and they need to change the way they give out protection medals. right now it only rewards you for giving a certain amount of protection in a single life and doesn't give you much reward beyond that. They need to make it like more like damage where you get medals gradually as you do more damage. But that's just my opinion.

Honestly the classes that are getting the short end of the stick right now are healers and pure dpsers(no heals or guard)

Pure dpsers are obviously bad off, 2.5k hit, 75k damage, 10 kills, 25 kills, 300k damage (maybe)

Healers(if they want to win and focus on healing) 2.5k heal, 5k heal, 75k healing, 300k healing.

Issue is healers don't often do that, instead they do what I do when I am with pugs and get to 75k healing or 300k healing, then hit 3i to 4 of the dps medals, which means they really arnt doing there job.

I have 2 chars and 1 is a healer and the other is a tracer spamming BH so let me spill this out...ANY CLASS IS EASY TO GET 7 MEDALS. Seriously people let me break it down for you

Healing should be able to get 2.5K 5K single heal 75K 300K healing done 10 kills killing blow 25 kills. I do it every game of huttball because typically you will have 2 seconds to do an instant dps while healing (such as if your team is 2 v 1ing or no damage has started)

Dps can get 2.5K hit 10, 25 kills, killing blow, 75K damage 300K damage solo kill 1K defender (kill the ball carrier isn't hard).

Seriously unless a games over in 5 minutes or you are a BADDIE no one gets screwed on medals.

I have consistantly gotten all 3 protection medals (2k in one life 5 k and 10 k in one life) on my dps PT through effective use of aoe taunt

Op maybe use your taunts? Like every PT should always be doing if you're a team player.

The thing is though, by playing a healer you'll most likely win more of your matches, which results in getting more commendations. Once I switched to playing a healer the commendations started rolling in because I won much more often. You also don't need to spam heal and can do dps in the meantime.

Its easy to get 8 medals as any class/spec just be good and you won't have to QQ so much. I pretty much get 7 medals purely pressing tracer missle without even critting for 2.5K. If your failing to get more then 4 medals I have no sympathy for you especially as a powertech who can throw guard on someone for 1 life and get 3 extra medals.

Gunslingers don't have heals or guards. For us to average 7 is pretty challenging.

I usually get at least 4 (2.5k, 10kills, kill shot, 75k dmg). If its a point I can defend 5 or six. Then I can get 7 if we do well and I can get 25 kills. I've come close in a few wz's to the 300k dmg medal.

I don't get healing and guard which if you are a heal option class you should be averaging 8 or 8 just based on the skills.

However, it seems to be ok. at valor 50 I wouldn't complain about it. I have not had troubles getting bags and valor rank. Still gunslingers probably need some love as we are by far the worst class in terms of medal consideration and dps.

MEDALS are necessary to get commendations, the problem is that not all classes can get all medals....

lets put the medals in groups

4basics=75k damage, killling blow, 10 kills and 25 kills

Healing=70k heaing, 2.5 heal, 5kheal

defense medals=1k and rarely 3k

lets see

DPS operative=4 BASICS+healing+1x defense= 7 medals....

Dps sorc= the same... again 7 medals aka 70 commendations

dps powertech= 4 basics... no healing, 1 defense but no more since its dps... only 40 commendations

tanks are again balanced since they miss the healing

Powertechs can still get 2k,5k,10k quite easily... Taunts, one is an area, one is single target. Both decrease damage for 6 seconds by 30%... toss it on someone who is throwing aoes, you got yourself potentially 5k, toss the area on a group, you have yourself potentially 5k.

All classes can get nearly the same amount of medals. You NEED to multitask spec to produce more medals. Sure, you may not be as good 1v1 anymore, but you get more medals. It is a tradeoff... A healer who never does damage will only get healing medals and maybe some defense medals.

Your spec and playstyle are what determines how many medals you can achieve.

Edited by Jarfunkz

Gunslingers don't have heals or guards. For us to average 7 is pretty challenging.

I usually get at least 4 (2.5k, 10kills, kill shot, 75k dmg). If its a point I can defend 5 or six. Then I can get 7 if we do well and I can get 25 kills. I've come close in a few wz's to the 300k dmg medal.

I don't get healing and guard which if you are a heal option class you should be averaging 8 or 8 just based on the skills.

However, it seems to be ok. at valor 50 I wouldn't complain about it. I have not had troubles getting bags and valor rank. Still gunslingers probably need some love as we are by far the worst class in terms of medal consideration and dps.

Could have sworn you had taunts though... Can also get a 5k crit hit quite easily as well.