The Fallen Empire

LordVitalus

Further to my previous statement:

The Fallen Empire in the title is the Eternal Empire of Zakuul under the "glorious" Immortal Emperor Valkorion. The knights are, in that analysis, the Knights of Zakuul.

The empire is fallen because the transition from the glorious Immortal Emperor Valkorion to his immediate successor, Emperor Arcann, and then to *his* successor, ((SPOILER)), and her successor ((SPOILER)) mark the fall of the Eternal Empire as it was as the story opens.

Point for debate: the seeds of the Eternal Empire's downfall were sown not by the arrival of the Imp/Pub fleet and the actions of Darth Marr and the Outlander-to-be, but by the birth of Thexan and Arcann. Discuss.

I hate to point out the obvious but, where there was once an Eternal Empire there isn't any more and last time I checked, the Sith Empire still existed.

Unless of course Acina was just a really really nice dream.

It never lost it sovereignty, it lost the war against the Eternal Empire [as in France during WW2. It was defeated by the Germans but it kept it's sovereignty unlike Poland, the Baltic States and large swaths of land in the Soviet Union [Russia]. Poland ceased to exist as the state it had been and world maps were made with different boarder lines of those countries involved.

If the state is still represented by a lawful government of the indigenous people with the blessing of the foreign power that defeated then in war, they remain sovereign., but the fine print in Cease fires, Treaties, Armistices and formal surrender will include a list of conditions that have to be honored by the indigenous Government representing the state for that sovereignty to be allowed to remain. That usually will include heavy 'taxation' as one of the conditions to the victorious power. Can't tax defeated powers beaten in War if they're no longer there heh

That is exactly what Arcaan did. He allowed the Republic and the Empire to remain sovereign providing they paid heavy taxes and recognized the Eternal Empire's dominion in the galaxy.

If the Sith Empire no longer existed, than Acina couldn't have been it's Empress and leader and Malcolm and the other Pub leader idoits [ I don't recall all the Republic personas involved in that part of the Storyline, Malcom comes to mind but I'm not sure as I don't play on that side of the fence].

Using the former WW2 example, there was no recognized indigenous Government in Poland, the Polish Government fled when the Nazis were coming close and remained in Britain for the remainder of the War as the Polish Government in Exile. The fragment of the Former Polish State that was allowed to exist [the General Government ] was ruled by the German's directly. Han's Frank was the "Governor-General" of the General Goverment and served as it's Viceroy. Poland had no sovereignty at that point. In effect, it ceased to exist until after the war when it 's sovereignty was returned to the former Polish Governement-in-Exile by the Allies once they were back in Poland.

There are no leaders for places that no longer exist =p Recognized Sovereignty is the condition for a countries existence, without it it's not there anymore.

This is exactly why the Alliance was needed, as part of the conditions of the Eternal Empire allowing the Empire and the Republic to remain sovergn, obviously they weren't allowed to attack it heh as part of the conditions. It's illegal to wage war when soldiers aren't in recognizable uniforms that show clearly what side they are on. That's part of the Laws of War and it's also done so as Soldiers don't accidently shoot their own soldiers not knowing what side they might be on because they're not in uniform. That's the difference between Soldiers and Partisans. Soldiers wear the uniforms of their country while fighting, partisans don't. Partisans wage war 'illegally'. But, it's only illegal if they lose =p

That's why Republic and Empire Forces became in effect partisans and could not wage War as lawful Soldiers of the Republic and Empire. They were partisans and not recognized by any other power in the Galaxy as a sovergn power unto itself until it began to maintain the upper hand in the War against the Eternal Empire.

It was all pretty SOP actually. -

Law of the Jungle. The strongest shall rule. The Way of the Warrior.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx