Curious to know...

Grimefighter

Since the Columi/Rakata/Tionese Vendors are going to be removed in GU 2.0 whats going to happen to the Cyan/Purple or the Black-Blue/Black-Red crystals on weapons? Will they still be purchasable? :confused:

I don't' know specifically, but the guildies and I have been farming Black-Blue and Black-Red the last couple of weeks specifically.

As I understand it they will drop and be RE-able as people have stated above.

But, there will also be a new vendor on your factions vanguard vessel which will sell Columi, Rakata, and Battlemaster gear for Classic comms, so I'm sure you'll find the Purple/Cyan crystals in those.

As I understand it they will drop and be RE-able as people have stated above.

But, there will also be a new vendor on your factions vanguard vessel which will sell Columi, Rakata, and Battlemaster gear for Classic comms, so I'm sure you'll find the Purple/Cyan crystals in those.

Remember, thats unassembled gear only.

Aha! That's good to know so they won't totally be unobtainable then. Although an interesting approach to the Black-Red/Blue crystals though. Never saw that one coming.

Thanks for the info!

EDIT: Although I'm confused, is that vendor going to be for Comms or Unassembled items? :rod_confused_g:

Edited by Grimefighter

• Dev Post
Since the Columi/Rakata/Tionese Vendors are going to be removed in GU 2.0 whats going to happen to the Cyan/Purple or the Black-Blue/Black-Red crystals on weapons? Will they still be purchasable? :confused:

The answer to your question is that these colors will now come from Reverse Engineering! The patch note reads:

Artifice now allows players to Reverse Engineer the following Advanced Indestructible, Advanced Hawkeye, and Advanced Eviscerating color crystals:

• Black-Blue

• Black-Red

• Cyan

• Purple

The answer to your question is that these colors will now come from Reverse Engineering! The patch note reads:

Artifice now allows players to Reverse Engineer the following Advanced Indestructible, Advanced Hawkeye, and Advanced Eviscerating color crystals:

• Black-Blue

• Black-Red

• Cyan

• Purple

Cool, that's defiantly good news for them crafters then. Many thanks for clearing that up Amber. :jawa_biggrin:

Edited by Grimefighter
Fixing one's grammer.

• Black-Blue

• Black-Red

• Cyan

• Purple

Is there any news on what shall become of the armour shells themselves, Amber? Will future characters be able to attain the appearance of Tionese/Columi/Rakata gear? The removal of mods I understand due to simplifying the endgame, but it would be nice to have these cosmetic options for future alts.

Is there any news on what shall become of the armour shells themselves, Amber? Will future characters be able to attain the appearance of Tionese/Columi/Rakata gear? The removal of mods I understand due to simplifying the endgame, but it would be nice to have these cosmetic options for future alts.

How about showing some love for Armormechs and Synthweavers with regards to those shells?

Actually the schematics do drop, but the problem is they only allow you to craft those armors for your toon only.

They have a different name like Exotech for some coloring, for instance.

Just open those schematics up so that they create crafted shells, and make them drop more frequenly.

How about showing some love for Armormechs and Synthweavers with regards to those shells?

Actually the schematics do drop, but the problem is they only allow you to craft those armors for your toon only.

They have a different name like Exotech for some coloring, for instance.

Just open those schematics up so that they create crafted shells, and make them drop more frequenly.

That solution works for me, so long as we can get schematics for all the different colour variations. Give the crafters a boost in their economies too. And while we're at it bring back the variations of the early Centurion and Champion PVP sets! I'd love to update some of my characters with that General Veers-esque 'Imperial teal' body armour from the Champion IA set.

• Black-Blue

• Black-Red

• Cyan

• Purple

Can they then be traded or sold on the GTN ? I really want a black/blue crystal or two.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

That solution works for me, so long as we can get schematics for all the different colour variations. Give the crafters a boost in their economies too. And while we're at it bring back the variations of the early Centurion and Champion PVP sets! I'd love to update some of my characters with that General Veers-esque 'Imperial teal' body armour from the Champion IA set.

I think for the color variations, there's a different thing in the works that takes care of that.

I got a feeling we'll be seeing armor dye kits sometime soon - the devs are working on those, and with the huge number of color patterns out there for the same 20-30 or so styles of armor, this would allow the user to customize how they want their armor to look.

So I think we'd just need to wait for armor kits to recolor it.

I think for the color variations, there's a different thing in the works that takes care of that.

I got a feeling we'll be seeing armor dye kits sometime soon - the devs are working on those, and with the huge number of color patterns out there for the same 20-30 or so styles of armor, this would allow the user to customize how they want their armor to look.

So I think we'd just need to wait for armor kits to recolor it.

Ooh, I had heard whispers on the grapevine about that. Have the devs hinted at it anywhere? Would be awesome if true.

Yup yup. Just what they said. That's why I am stacking up with purple and other colours from ops and flashpoints. Getting whining and hating on me for needing the crystal-containing gear... But my reason is as legit as theirs ^^

I also hear that crystals will drop from OPS "on their own".

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Yup yup. Just what they said. That's why I am stacking up with purple and other colours from ops and flashpoints. Getting whining and hating on me for needing the crystal-containing gear... But my reason is as legit as theirs ^^

I agree... your reason is actually probably more legit then theirs. :)

Just tell them the drops are for your companions. :p

• Black-Blue

• Black-Red

• Cyan

• Purple

Query: Assuming this means we have to Reverse Engineer the crystals that we pull from the weapons now and considering that those weapons will no longer be available. What happens when the current crystals are no longer available to Reverse Engineer? Will we be able to Reverse Engineer the crystals that other players craft? Will they even be sell-able on the GTN?

:cool:

Query: Assuming this means we have to Reverse Engineer the crystals that we pull from the weapons now and considering that those weapons will no longer be available. What happens when the current crystals are no longer available to Reverse Engineer? Will we be able to Reverse Engineer the crystals that other players craft? Will they even be sell-able on the GTN?

:cool:

The last test patch had the crystals dropping in Story Mode of the new Raid. They'll be available to everyone.

^^^^ I'm very concerned about this as well. I understand the removal of the mods etc. , But the armor designs are found no where else in the game, and some of those armor designs are really cool. While the mods are no longer useful in any way, the armor designs are, It doesn't make since to intentionally rip useful content out of the game.

Will there be a vendor that sells empty, moddable shells? Or will the maybe be added to the Cartel Market? Is there anyway new Crafters can find schematics to these designs? Also, what about Battlemaster and War Hero? I know there is a way to gain schematics for them now, but once they are removed what about new players who reach level 50 and 400 crafting after 2.0 drops?

Will there be anyway for players new to the game after 2.0 to attain any of this armor?

It would make me sad to see armor designs that Devs worked hard on and players would like to wear be removed from the game :(