best server to start on?

stixzadinia

I'd say it's save to say you just pick whichever server best suits you as a .type. of server, as there's usually only one per area anyway

if you live in the USA and like PVP, but aren't huge into RP, for example.. then your choice is either The Bastion (West Coast) or Prophecy of the Five (East Coast)

if you live in Europe and don't like PVP, but aren't huge into RP, then your choice is Red Eclipse (unless you want to play on a French or German server, of course :p)

from my understanding it can happen on every server (except APAC) that you get a queue during absolute peak times or holidays, but they aren't very long usually.

believe me, that's a good thing.

if you live in the USA and like PVP, but aren't huge into RP....

Er... there's nothing about RP servers that requires RP. You can play on an RP/RP-PvP server without being "huge into RP". They are just labeled so people who like RP can have an easier time gathering. I haven't RPed a minute in my life, but I play on Ebon Hawk (RP) and Jung Ma (RP-PvP). I'd say that only 10% (or less) of the players on the server are RPing at any particular time.

Why?

The RP-tagged servers generally have more mature players (especially comparing Jung Ma with Prophecy of the Five) and generally more supportive communities. There is generally fewer jerks around and people are generally more understanding and willing to help each other. And the populations aren't hurting either: Ebon Hawk actually seems to be one of the most consistently busy East Coast servers. Also, there is generally much better balance between factions on the RP servers.

Edited by Malastare

My understanding is that pretty much any non-APAC server is fine.

Unless of course you live in APAC then it's the best option. But yea seriously i would just roll on a server in your region for the ping. Unless you don't mind playing on 2 bars with high latency.

Edited by Amlici

Harbinger had queues a couple of times... just after the server collapsed. Think they've fixed that problem...

Yeah, it was just broken, or everyone piled back into the server at once. Last time I remember seeing a real queue was when they did the first server merges. Nothing like those 2 hour waits back at launch week though, heh.

Er... there's nothing about RP servers that requires RP. You can play on an RP/RP-PvP server without being "huge into RP". They are just labeled so people who like RP can have an easier time gathering. I haven't RPed a minute in my life, but I play on Ebon Hawk (RP) and Jung Ma (RP-PvP). I'd say that only 10% (or less) of the players on the server are RPing at any particular time.

Why?

The RP-tagged servers generally have more mature players (especially comparing Jung Ma with Prophecy of the Five) and generally more supportive communities. There is generally fewer jerks around and people are generally more understanding and willing to help each other. And the populations aren't hurting either: Ebon Hawk actually seems to be one of the most consistently busy East Coast servers. Also, there is generally much better balance between factions on the RP servers.

I'm not going to advertise a non-RP-er to go to an RP server. I personally find this to be quite rude, actually.

if you are US and like both pve and pvp I recommend Prophecy of the Five. It has the most pve progression of any of the US servers as far as competitive guilds that clear everything. PvP is probably the same you find on any server though. Im a west coast player but I play on this east coast server because its the best.

I'm not going to advertise a non-RP-er to go to an RP server. I personally find this to be quite rude, actually.

Why?

Is RP rude? You do know that the majority of people on RP servers... never RP, right? Are you trying to protect the RPers? You know that they actually want to have lots of people around, even if they don't RP, right? This was a large topic of discussion right before release. The vast majority of people who intended to regularly RP actually wanted to have non-RP players join the RP servers. Some resorted to begging.

So, who is it being rude to?

I tried Prophecy of the Five, once. I found its general state to be rude. Why is suggesting that server less rude than suggesting Jung Ma?

Why?

Is RP rude? You do know that the majority of people on RP servers... never RP, right? Are you trying to protect the RPers? You know that they actually want to have lots of people around, even if they don't RP, right? This was a large topic of discussion right before release. The vast majority of people who intended to regularly RP actually wanted to have non-RP players join the RP servers. Some resorted to begging.

So, who is it being rude to?

I tried Prophecy of the Five, once. I found its general state to be rude. Why is suggesting that server less rude than suggesting Jung Ma?

ok, since you .still. fail to see the point:

I think there SHOULD be RP on an RP server. in fact I have characters on an RP server. I did't come here to advertise my own server. I came here to tell the OP (and anyone else who is looking for a server) that they need to pick the server that SUITS them.

also, your claims interst me exactly zero. for the longest time people on these forums all 'agreed' this game sucks. so what were you saying again? I think I'll just ignore you now. I don't feel like being attacked for stating my opinion just because I didn't specifically include Jung Ma while giving server example - and complaining about another server's community state is defiitely rude (and no, I will not discuss it with you either because I obviously know 'my' server better than I know 'your' server)

Edited by amnie