Knights of the Fallen Empire is how many gigs in size

Kalosis

Maybe it is time to get a SSD?

Considering HDD normally have more storage space than SSD?? 2To is common for HDD, 1To is rare for SSD. And $/Go, HDD are definately better.

I'd love it if people who don,t know **** about IT stops saying how much of an ugrade SSD's are. It's barely not an upgrade.. It will hep you load area a little faster (about 10s per hour of normal gameplay if I remember well the test someone did in SWTOR). it won't give you more storage space by magic.It won,t make you GFX more powerful. It won't make your ****** dual core i3 CPU with like 2.4 GHz run faster. It will just make you spend more money for something that won't boost SWTOR itself. The true change one will see with a SSD is in boot-up time becoming shorter.

considering the cutscenes for sacrific is half a gig in size and then there are rep and imp starts for kotfe which are fairly short in length probably around 110mb each the chances are that about 3/4 of a gig of data will be on that alone, assuming there are no cutscenes later on, otherwise it could tip the 1 gb scale. thats using the data from within the movies/en-us folder.

considering it is stated that each chapter will be around an hour long and if you are good with the 12xp for chapters 1-2-3-4 and 5. the chances are its going to be fairly large, i saw some art assets that have be reused for kotfe, so it may not be as big as it could be.

figure around 5 to 15 gb on a guess as its stated there are a number of planets coming.

edit: didnt see the last reply until just now.

Edited by Celise

15gb's isn't that much for todays games. That kind of tells me there's not much content and 4.0 will probably be just as short as SoR.

No it's not, but you have to consider that we already have 23-25gb of files on our computers at the moment (Or that was the amount I downloaded all in one go when I started playing (At the time the strongholds had just been released). But that was the full vanilla game plus the first expansion RotHC (Shortly after that joined by the 2nd expansion SoR). This new expansion will be 15gb ALONE, which means that the final game folder will be something like 35-40gb. The last 3.5gb patch of a couple of weeks ago already included some 4.0 files in it in order to cut in half the final download size, but there are still around 10 more gb to go on october 20th.

15gb's isn't that much for todays games. That kind of tells me there's not much content and 4.0 will probably be just as short as SoR.

... It's an expansion using mainly assets found in the current game, a game which is four years old and therefore graphically inferior to modern releases. What did you expect?

Edited by Gonalius

15 GB additional new data? Oh boy. Right now, my Swtor folder already contains 30 GB. This is getting out of hands. I have a SSD HD and there are not 15 GB left. And I cannot make more space, because it's only program files on that HD. This is also something they should have announced officially already. At least I won't get a bad surprise now on the day of the patch.

... It's an expansion using mainly assets found in the current game, a game which is four years old and therefore graphically inferior to modern releases. What did you expect?

If they're using only old assets, then why is the size 15gb? should be only 4 or 5gb of sound files for the dialogs, if you were right. :rolleyes:

Psst. It's fairly easy to save up money.

My computer is over 5 years old, and I still have 1.24 TB left. ;)

mine is fairly new but using an old 1tb hdd, still has 314gb left on it. if i shifted a few games off the hdd, could potentially lift 100gb alone. i mean, people install games on their computers for a few weeks then they get ignored after that, just taking up space.

Mainly. I know this is the internet where people have selective reading, but still...

Mainly means "the majority of something", in this case I rephrase the question. If they're using mainly old assets (For buildings, npcs, ships interiors, etc) how is that possible that the size is 15gb (Which is half the current size of our game folders, as another guy up above stated his folder is roughly 30gb) if we already have the majority of these assets in our computers already? :rolleyes:

It's clear that they reused a lot of stuff, especially the corridors and the main rooms for Marr's flagship are a copy&paste of all the other ships and flagships we can visit in the vanilla game, but it's also clear that they're either dumb and are including in the patch 15gb worth of copied&pasted assets we already have or that MAYBE there are new assets? And with 2 or 3 new planets to visit, we only saw a small glimpse of Zakuul so far.

16 Gig is very-very-very-very tiny.

Most modern computers come with 2TB-3TB harddrives.

You can buy a 2TB HDD for $60.

Since I work in the graphic design world, I have four 2TB external HDD drives and a 3TB internal HDD.

You can buy hard drives, external and internal, on the cheap.

Edited by Linyivee

16 Gig is very-very-very-very tiny.

Most modern computers come with 2TB-3TB harddrives.

You can buy a 2TB HDD for $60.

Sure, but not SSD drives and I don't know if you have tried Swtor on a SSD, but trust me, if you did it once, you just cannot go back to install it on a normal harddrive. My SSD has only 120 GB and the two things that nearly take all the space already are Windows and Swtor. The rest is just small programs like VLC and similar.