Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

Have you even read the thread? There are multiple people who have also asked for a transfer specifically to US servers from the very beginning (not Dalborra or Gav D), and in fact have done so before even the idea of the creation of this thread formed on the Master Dar'nala forums. Many in fact have already chosen to reroll onto the US servers rather than Dalborra.

All options are and should be on the table instead you dictating a single course of action based on what you presume "most of us" care or do not care about.

By the way, this thread was created months ago. The situation has changed. By the time Bioware finally decides to do something, if ever, the populations across all 3 servesr may be so slow that a server merger may not even make a big difference. Given that uncertainty, there is no reason why we should not want all options on the table - mergers AND transfers for those who want to move elsewhere. And again, others have been saying this for quite some time. I'm surprised it's news to you.

Now your just legit trolling i already know transfers are what some people want and i said i don't care if you wanna play there. Stop twisting my words.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now your just legit trolling i already know transfers are what some people want and i said i don't care if you wanna play there. Stop twisting my words.

You wrote:

"Transfers to US servers from APAC aren't even open and this thread has very little to do with them"

You wrote:

"Transfers to US servers from APAC aren't even open and this thread has very little to do with them"

LOL. Yes "very little". The majority want a merge not transfers. You are a minority. Read the polls taken a few pages back and quit trolling me...

LOL. Yes "very little". The majority want a merge not transfers. You are a minority. Read the polls taken a few pages back and quit trolling me...

Uhm are you dyslexic? The below results out of 98 respondents:

Are you for or against allowing free transfers to and from APAC servers?

For transfers to and from APAC servers . . . . 38.54% . . . . 37

For transfers too and among APAC servers only . . . . 21.88% . . . . 21

For transfers to 1 of the APAC servers only . . . . 22.92% . . . . 22

For transfers off APAC servers . . . . 6.25% . . . . 6

Against any transfers to or from APAC servers . . . . 10.42% . . . . 10

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/6/tmp8769y.jpg/

65% would play more if transfers were allowed to and from APAC servers.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/221/swtorsurvey5.jpg/

Highest number of respondents are for transfers to and from APAC servers.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/802/swtorsurvey4.jpg/

Likewise, 85% of respondents were for a server merger.

The results of that survey indicate that while the majority of respondents are for a server merger, a majority are also for server transfers to and from APAC. This means that a majority want both options on the table.

Edited by iheartnyc

Uhm are you dyslexic? The below results out of 98 respondents:

Are you for or against allowing free transfers to and from APAC servers?

For transfers to and from APAC servers . . . . 38.54% . . . . 37

For transfers too and among APAC servers only . . . . 21.88% . . . . 21

For transfers to 1 of the APAC servers only . . . . 22.92% . . . . 22

For transfers off APAC servers . . . . 6.25% . . . . 6

Against any transfers to or from APAC servers . . . . 10.42% . . . . 10

6% want transfers off APAC i don't see what your trying to say?

6% want transfers off APAC i don't see what your trying to say?

Do you not know how to read?

"For transfers to and from APAC servers . . . . 38.54% . . . . 37"

A) For transfers to and from APAC servers: 38.78%

B) For transfers to and among APAC servers only: 21.43%

The survey presented the option of free transfers between APAC and US/European (see choice A), and transfers only among APAC (B).

I hope sometime soon, you're going to have that "oh **** I'm an idiot" moment and realize you completely missed the boat.

Edited by iheartnyc

Part of the issue is that server transfers are confirmed as coming. What is going to happen to APAC servers is silence.

Yes server transfers now would be wonderful for those people that want them and should be free when available to those stuck on these servers, but they are stated as coming for you who want to leave. (Admittedly it could be a while after all SGRs ended up taking way longer than predicted)

The answer we get when we crying out for *fixing* the APAC servers is waiting two months to get a 'Hi, we see there is a problem. What would you like us to do?' and another month of silence.

Meanwhile, the servers either lose more players or they switch to F2P and turn solo altist because F2P and Eldergame are not compatable. Alting is fine in this game, but it is not nearly as socially playable as Eldergame.

Do you not know how to read?

"For transfers to and from APAC servers . . . . 38.54% . . . . 37"

A) For transfers to any from APAC servers: 38.78%

B) For transfers to and among APAC servers only: 21.43%

The survey presented the option of free transfers between APAC and US/European (see choice A), and only APAC transfers (B).

I hope sometime soon, you're going to have that "oh **** I'm an idiot" moment and realize you completely missed the boat.

I'm sure Bioware are going to let people transfer back and forth between the US and APAC all the time. It's either your here or your not. Plain and simple. 6% want to abandon us. That is a minority.

I'm sure Bioware are going to let people transfer back and forth between the US and APAC all the time. It's either your here or your not. Plain and simple. 6% want to abandon us. That is a minority.

Now you're hedging and changing your words. Just man up. 55.1% wanted to limit transfers to the APAC servers only, or not have transfers at all. The other 44.9% were open to the idea of transfers off APAC, i.e., abandoning you. And I bet 90% of that 55.1% were on Gav Dragon (see what I did there?).

Anyways, we've stuck around on that server for almost a year now and we've earned the right to at least ask for transfers.

Now you're hedging and changing your words. Just man up. 55.1% wanted to limit transfers to the APAC servers only, or not have transfers at all. The other 44.9% were open to the idea of transfers off APAC, i.e., abandoning you. And I bet 90% of that 55.1% were on Gav Dragon (see what I did there?).

Anyways, we've stuck around on that server for almost a year now and we've earned the right to at least ask for transfers.

I'm not going to get into number crunching anymore with you. The fact with transfers in this game is it's not like WoW where you can just flip around the world willy nilly (unless you play alot of alts). Your either with us or not. I am not hedging and changing my words at all. If you want to play on US then fine go. If you want to merge and make our community work then stay and make it work.

Is TOR going to OZ PAX?

I highly doubt it since Oceania was an after thought for release, but if they do you can hit them up there

I think likely if anything post Chap 4 they may look at it, since if that does nothing I believe they will cut the losses and run closing the servers

And are you going to compensate us for the money we have put into things on our current characters? BW is definitely not going to, so maybe you should give us your email address and we can all send receipts of Real money purchases which are so disposable to you.

As I said earlier, stop living in a pond. Everyone here has a community that they enjoy playing with. However, to stay at the top end of progression raiding etc, we dont have the population that will support raiding on 4 Alts every week. This is just me personally, I would love to Down TFB HM/EC NiM on all 4 of my toons every week, and for that I need more people as at the moment, its very hard on MDN to pug anything.

However, if you are happy with wiping on Operator some 4 months after release, and you consider flapping in your PJs and calling each other random names and selling speeders all day, then yeh you will be happy playing with the same 5 people all the time. But thats not what the majority of the community wants.

As has been said, Merge and give transfers so that you all can then transfer to the kids server so that people dont look at you wierd while you sell speeders.

"And are you going to compensate us for the money we have put into things on our current characters?"

That is exactly what I am talking about. The $ you have put into your character > community. Therefore, you don't want a community to partake in, you want more players to facilitate the growth of your character. You are a perfect example of the individualisation of communities in MMO's, and in the real world.

Is TOR going to OZ PAX?

I highly doubt it since Oceania was an after thought for release, but if they do you can hit them up there

I think likely if anything post Chap 4 they may look at it, since if that does nothing I believe they will cut the losses and run closing the servers

Chapter 4? Do you mean the new expansion? That isn't chapter 4

Just another planet like Ilum with no class stories, just more of it.

I hope they don't close the servers, the survey I put together shows that more people will be happy with a merger than now, more indicated they'd return then quit, and if they merged there would be less overhead for running the APAC servers.

To me it's no brainer, merge the servers, allow people from US/EU servers to transfer too APAC, then a month later allow another free round of transfers to and from APAC after people have seen what the combined servers are like.

Edited by Evgen

"And are you going to compensate us for the money we have put into things on our current characters?"

That is exactly what I am talking about. The $ you have put into your character > community. Therefore, you don't want a community to partake in, you want more players to facilitate the growth of your character. You are a perfect example of the individualisation of communities in MMO's, and in the real world.

What is with all this moral grandstanding?

I and my guild are on Gav Daragon and very happy. I do not want to be merged into any other server. Do not destroy Gav like you destroyed Vrook. I disagreed with this post. Forum posters can be very vocal, but they are not necessarily the voice of all players.

Sure but the forums are the only real way bioware can assess the opinion of the community. And seeing as how this thread has 265 pages in which the majority of people are for mergers one can only assume that the general consensus is that we want merged servers. No not everyone agrees but the majority seems to.

I'm glad you are happy but please consider the (probable) majority of those who are not

Chapter 4? Do you mean the new expansion? That isn't chapter 4

Just another planet like Ilum with no class stories, just more of it.

I hope they don't close the servers, the survey I put together shows that more people will be happy with a merger than now, more indicated they'd return then quit, and if they merged there would be less overhead for running the APAC servers.

To me it's no brainer, merge the servers, allow people from US/EU servers to transfer too APAC, then a month later allow another free round of transfers to and from APAC after people have seen what the combined servers are like.

i do not want to wait a few more months to leave oceanic servers, i would rather do it right now.

So here is this thread languishing away on page 5 of the forums, still unresolved.... well it was resolved for US/EU but not for us plebs in the APAC....

Hey don't worry though instead of something easy and done before (server merging)... Let's implement INSTEAD a new feature so we can pay you MORE REAL MONEY via our mobile even when we're not playing!

F&^% you Bioware. F&^% you very, very much....

And then to top it off... It then gets buried under piles of junk from bronies that want to make their damn ship pretty! Nobody ever really see's the inside of your ship anyway! Nor do they see the outside of unless it's in a docking bay.....

ARGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........... /headsplosion

Wow, this consolidated thread was started on 09.20.2012 and action is still pending. I hope BW doesnt use the "dropping EVERYTHING for Makeb" excuse for this massive delay in service. Im feeling more and more like delaying my next subscription payment

i do not want to wait a few more months to leave oceanic servers, i would rather do it right now.

I'm not saying that's what I want.

I'm saying it's a reasonable thing to do. Everyone is speculating on what will happen after a merger. But that's all it is.

If you want to move of APAC to play with a friend or some new guild you found that's not really part of a solution for APAC server population issues. I really am neutral in that it's actually faster for me to play on US servers. I just want them to do SOMETHING and I proposed what I think is the best solution to make the most people happy based off the poll I created.