Welcome to Game Update 2.9: Galactic Strongholds Early Access!

TaitWatson

i'm still downloading the patch ever sinds the servers came back online and the text above the download bar say's "minimum download in progress" and it seems to just hold at 90,13%.
I'm having the same trouble - installing is stuck at 97.99%

I'm having the same trouble - installing is stuck at 97.99%

Ya i guess that there many people with the same problem but i haven't found any posts of this problem anywhere yet so they are either just waiting for a solution or just sleeping :-)

anyway i hope the solution comes very soon, i'm bored here now lol

Was working fine before the "fix" now I get "Unable to retrieve patch data. Please check network connection (311)"

Well, internet is working fine, I can do everything else. What gives?

Some problems here for me. Please help. :( Very un-happy Subscriber.

Hi not a bad start but I have a few Observations/Question , I bought my "Stronghold" and furnished it with what was avaliable how ever :

1.) Why the exubrant costs to expand ??

2.) Why are the Global Unlock's you have for your Legacy NOT avaliable in youre strong hold ??

3.) Furnishing method needs a serious bit of refinement as placing your items is not very friendly or easy.

4.) Why cant you use other forms of currency like the Planetary Commendations etc to purchase Items, bloody stupid that once you reach your cap you loose any additionals as once you have what you need you cantr transfer or use your commendations.

5.) More interaction with your furnature in your stronghold would be fantastic.

6.) If I have 1 stronghold for my legacy I have to place EVERY companion for EVERY character on a different spot - SERIOUSLY DAFT.

7.) It is nice to get free goodies for your characters for your stronghold but does it all have to be the same?

Any way my 2 cents worth.

I wish to thank the devs for a job well done. I dont think any previous game update except maybe rise of hutt cartel made me more active in the game. I totally love this and I love my stronghold. I have a feeling that the guild flagships will be awesome too once my guild gets one.. still it made the guild work together. Excellent update.

ps. please add starship hook to dromund kaas stronghold landing pad..

I'm dissapointed with the housing due to the placing restrictions ("Hooks").

A free Placement System with size-changable items/ rotation etc like in Everquest 2 would have been perfect.

So it just feels like a showcase...

And i like the suggestion mentioned earlier, to implement smaller houses, more the size like Yoda's hut instead of only palace like housing. It doesn't fit my jedi to life in a luxus apartment ;)

-sigh- Another major update with nothing for me, the casual gamer who gets together with a few friends a couple of times a week to play. Since it looks like "Interlude" = infinity, and the story isn't going to continue, it is time to start looking for a new game for my buddies and I.

Still nothing compared to SWG, its depressing when tor still cannot match swg in anything but graphics,story, and the fleet ship.... And its a 9 year old game?

PVP fails, PvE Fails, Housing Fails.. the only thing decent is the fleet ship... Cant even off Quinn when he betrays you.. Ive been here since day 1, and i have to say.. I am excited for Archage to come out.. At least there, i can do everything from SWG..

Here until archage release cheers.

Edited by LordKrux

I think the stronghold design is a good start, though the Kass/Coruscant apartments are almost identical. The idea is a good good start. However, as I began to decorate my strongholds certain things struck me as needing change/improvement right off the bat,:

1. Furniture

A. must be made interactive. Yes, you can type /chair and your toon will "sit" in a chair or on a couch, but only if you have carefully lined it up with the seat. Why can't players just click on furniture to sit, sleep, etc. Computer terminals, holo terminals, etc. that players expend horrendous amounts of time collecting mats and crafting cannot be used!!! Seriously, if you expect players and friends to spend significant time in the stronghold, these factors must be addressed.

B. Would like the ability to place items on tables, cabinets, etc. and in them as well. Why aren't items like Luxury Hutch actually useable as containers??? I.e., how about "skinning" useable containers, like cargo holds, etc; even player starships have cargo holds that have different appearances

C. There needs to be more tables/designs/shapes/sizes available

2. Need MUSIC!

3. COST TOO HIGH! Many iItems cost way too much either in CC or credits. Room unlocks are high priced, but a one-time expense. Why can't items be legacy-bound and available for repro too? Their initial cost is very high, isn't that enough, Bioware???

4 NPCs.

A. NPCs, and pets placed by other legacy members should be 100% visible, not holos.

B. The NPC limit should be raised for all rooms and should be separate from pets and vehicles.

5 . NEED MANY, MANY MORE FLOOR COVERINGS Or, the ability to design them, not just rugs! Also why can't rugs be enlarged, or reduced in size as needed?

6. Hook layout/design should be more flexible; much wasted space, perhaps enlarging X/Y axis of moveable objects could help.

There's a lot of negativity in this thread. I'm sorry to see that so many people have had issues with the new content.

I returned to check this expansion out along with star fighter combat, and I have to say I'm really enjoying the additional features you've added. It beats STO by a solid mile now, and there's enough diversity in gameplay that I feel like I can spend time doing something different each time I have a chance to login without feeling like it's a redundant grind.

Solid job, team. I look forward to future releases.

I currently only have a lvl 42 character and sadly am put off at the fact you have to have millions in credits to just be able to get some decent items to place in your stronghold.....I have two unlocked but only one moderately decorated(to my desires) since the cost of decorating them is crazy when you don't have a lot of CC to use. And the GTN on my server has a lot of items extremely high priced

Stupid question, but I cant work out how to unlock my subscriber Stronghold. Got the in game mail stating goto Stronghold Management but nothing is there to unlock? What am I missing?

Hello,yes i had same problem till i went to Naa Shadaa its self and found the terminal east of the hutt looking statue on lower prominade, use the terminal and it says " you already bought this Stronghold if you'd like to reactivate t click below" or something like that and i clicked activate and it listed as mine in my stronghold list and i clicked travel to and cut scene showed me flying to it and on the stronghold then i entered,and may i say its qute the view,well done to whoever designed the Naa Shadaa view from strongholds i was quite impressed with the size of the stronghold after opening all the rooms as well,i would've like to have seen a list of planets that the strongholds are on on the terminals and maybe a virtual tour of each on the terminal ,well at least a picture of each of the strongholds on different planets

Edited by sxyjedi
to add more

• 4 weeks later...

To me these early access seem like a large scale final beta test. I know some problems will not show up until a very large number of players are using it, and of course players who play games to find exploits,and the "gold" farmers

will be waiting for the early access to 3.0,if i remember correctly ROTHC was early accessed to sub so i expect 3.0 might also

• 2 weeks later...
I'm dissapointed with the housing due to the placing restrictions ("Hooks").

A free Placement System with size-changable items/ rotation etc like in Everquest 2 would have been perfect.

So it just feels like a showcase...

And i like the suggestion mentioned earlier, to implement smaller houses, more the size like Yoda's hut instead of only palace like housing. It doesn't fit my jedi to life in a luxus apartment ;)

/signed

I keep returning to EQ2. While some of the graphics are a bit wonky, EQ2 still out performs other MMOs with decorating, housing, mentoring, crafting, questing, etc.

I find it interesting that newer, prettier games can't do better in design. SWTOR can seem like a single-player RPG with some interesting mini-games attached. The female toons in SWTOR do have cuter butts...

• 3 weeks later...
I think the stronghold design is a good start, though the Kass/Coruscant apartments are almost identical. The idea is a good good start. However, as I began to decorate my strongholds certain things struck me as needing change/improvement right off the bat,:

1. Furniture

A. must be made interactive. Yes, you can type /chair and your toon will "sit" in a chair or on a couch, but only if you have carefully lined it up with the seat. Why can't players just click on furniture to sit, sleep, etc. Computer terminals, holo terminals, etc. that players expend horrendous amounts of time collecting mats and crafting cannot be used!!! Seriously, if you expect players and friends to spend significant time in the stronghold, these factors must be addressed.

B. Would like the ability to place items on tables, cabinets, etc. and in them as well. Why aren't items like Luxury Hutch actually useable as containers??? I.e., how about "skinning" useable containers, like cargo holds, etc; even player starships have cargo holds that have different appearances

C. There needs to be more tables/designs/shapes/sizes available

2. Need MUSIC!

3. COST TOO HIGH! Many iItems cost way too much either in CC or credits. Room unlocks are high priced, but a one-time expense. Why can't items be legacy-bound and available for repro too? Their initial cost is very high, isn't that enough, Bioware???

4 NPCs.

A. NPCs, and pets placed by other legacy members should be 100% visible, not holos.

B. The NPC limit should be raised for all rooms and should be separate from pets and vehicles.

5 . NEED MANY, MANY MORE FLOOR COVERINGS Or, the ability to design them, not just rugs! Also why can't rugs be enlarged, or reduced in size as needed?

6. Hook layout/design should be more flexible; much wasted space, perhaps enlarging X/Y axis of moveable objects could help.

it would be great if all these a possibility, more vendors to choose from e.g. Crew Skills, Comms. as I hate going to fleet...but why can't we place speeders for our GSH?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm enjoying the heck out of my Coruscant pad and decorating it has actually been quite fun. I have yet to get in on conquest but I'd love to try. The guild ship is intimidating, pricetag wise - the second Death Star might have been cheaper - but eh, I'm crazy. I like working toward a goal in an MMO.

I may be the odd one out, but I'm enjoying it so far. I don't have many quibbles about the placement system in strongholds, IE hooks, but more variety in the types of alternative hooks wouldn't hurt.

• 2 weeks later...
I am hopefull optimist for swtor update.

The Galatic strongholds was a good idea and a welcome change.

I hope they bring speed racing and a toolset to customise your own armors.

Just for the record and to manage expectation, it was mentioned they had a prototype for pod racing and the network lag killed the idea.

So might never have pod/swoop racing.

• 3 weeks later...

Strongholds good idea. Hope will be new new strongholds in future on different planets.

What I really want castle on Alderaan :)

Guild star ship it is very very very very very expensive :( 50 mil + need buy rooms... I cant see logic... If I buy starship for 50 mil... why I should buy rooms inside If I already bought full ship. This looks like I bought car and buy again engine and then wheels in this car...

If it was update... some boost or new design... this is logical.