Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Missing Decorations and Bugs List

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
Missing Decorations and Bugs List

Mournblood
04.26.2020 , 09:47 PM | #21
As I mentioned in another post here, another deco that can no longer be obtained is the Manned Blaster Turret from Colicoid Wargames (this FP has been broken for nearly 4 years). I didn't want that one to get overlooked since it's one of the coolest decos for military themed SH decorating. I asked if Bioware would consider adding it to the Fleet deco vendors, or even the CM, but like most things, it's fallen on deaf ears.
Mourne, Founder

EHKodiak
04.27.2020 , 03:55 AM | #22
Thanks Mourne, I'll add that to the list. I don't think anyone has looked at it from Bioware sadly as none were fixed in the last patch, but we can hope...

Mournblood
04.27.2020 , 07:02 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Xina_LA View Post
Yeah, I've got to admit, I'm still pretty angry that they haven't fixed the duplicate names problem in all this time, especially for decorations that don't have a work around.

I'm also darned upset that they haven't fixed all the bugs with Cartel Market decorations. If we pay real money for something, it ought to work and work well.

Every time I think of buying more Cartel Coins, I remember these bugs, and it stops me in my tracks.
I just wanted to echo this sentiment. I don't want to turn this thread into a gripe session, and I've done that elsewhere anyway (and on more than one occasion), yet I've long suspected two issues with SH development and maintenance (i.e. bug fixes) in this game that I wanted to share.

First, I don't believe they have the same person designing SH decorations. I believe the work gets farmed out to whomever is available, and unfortunately, a little (or a lot, in some cases) lack of attention to detail and you end up with duplicate deco names, inconsistent hook assignments, and other similar issues that would likely have been avoided if the same person (or the same group of people, as in a dedicated department) was working and maintaining their deco database.

Second, we all know the SWTOR team was gutted years ago for the train wreck that became Anthem. Those developers aren't coming back, so the SWTOR team has been forced to work under an economy of resources model. Which simply means that something like SH decorations are probably at the very bottom of their list of things to do. If they manage to end up with some time to spare, they look at what else on their incredibly long and ever-growing list of bugs they can fix within whatever resource and time constraints they happen to have at that moment.

I think that's the unfortunate reality of the game, which becomes abundantly more clear as bugs persist into years. We generally don't see a Developer or Community Manager responding to us because, what's the point? What are they going to say? We will try to fix some of these bugs, but it may take years, or it may never happen. Though that may sound cynical, I do hold out hope that they may eventually see the wisdom in setting aside time and resources to address longstanding bugs, especially in the SH system, and so I continue to post here in support of these efforts. Nevertheless, it's extremely frustrating to endure, and as evidenced by threads like these, at least I know I'm not alone here. So keep that wheel squeaking, and it may eventually get some oil.
Mourne, Founder

EHKodiak
05.23.2020 , 06:39 AM | #24
Looks like the Gold taxidermys may be coming for the summer event, so I'll update this list when it's live

EHKodiak
06.25.2020 , 02:30 AM | #25
The Gold Taxidermys are on the nightlife vendor already (only new entry for the nightlife event), so I've updated the list.

EHKodiak
07.06.2020 , 11:52 AM | #26
Updated with the swoop decos being about a foot away from the walls. I don't think anyone from bioware has checked the list, even though I've posted it in bug reports twice before so really this is all for nought.

EHKodiak
07.07.2020 , 10:43 AM | #27
Turns out they have checked the list, it just wasn't in the patch notes. Quite a few are fixed - thank you!