Legacy of crafting question

Vigilark

So my cybertech bought all 3 of these perks/legacy unlocks. For some reason I was thinking it would increase the crit chance of crew skill missions and benefit in some way crafting items. But after re-reading I noticed it says "augmented" result. This mean gives an augmentation slot? I only recently learned about that. Seems cybertechs don't benefit much or at all from this. Or do earpieces have aug slots? I rarely make them. Did I screw myself out of credits by buying this perk?

So my cybertech bought all 3 of these perks/legacy unlocks. For some reason I was thinking it would increase the crit chance of crew skill missions and benefit in some way crafting items. But after re-reading I noticed it says "augmented" result. This mean gives an augmentation slot? I only recently learned about that. Seems cybertechs don't benefit much or at all from this. Or do earpieces have aug slots? I rarely make them. Did I screw myself out of credits by buying this perk?

"Augmented result" means augmentation slot OR extra unit (like when you critically succeed at crafting a mod). So, legacy of crafting DOES help Cybertech regardless of what you craft.

Also yes, when you critically succeed when crafting ANY static stat item (ear piece, implant, relic, etc) you get a level appropriate augmentation slot.

• 1 month later...

To further elaborate on Psandak's post, that perk gives you a greater chance to increase your quantity of output when crafting, although it is not something you should rely on.

For example, let's say you are crafting Cybertech Assembly components. Your companion gets a critical crafting result and yields 2 components for the price of 1 components materials. That perk increases the chance for this to happen, albeit a small margin.

In the long run that's a savings as you now have to craft less assembly components, thus saving you materials and the credits and/or time you spend to acquire them.

So no, you did not screw yourself. It's a good investment if you are going to be doing some serious crafting.