Looking for a few people to start a guild

Darkscis

Hi all, my friend and I are looking for a few people (2-4 initially) to start up a very casual guild. We are new to SWTOR (mid-Jan) but are by no means new to MMO gaming. What we need are some like minded players who want to casually progress through the end game content, beginning with hard modes (of which we have so far done none) and potentially progressing through the OP's.

A bit about us: We are elitists when it comes to who we will play with, but not in our approach to content. In other words, we hate using group finder and doing PUG's because of the idiots you end up grouped with. What we want is a few people that know what they are doing (in regards to mechanics, we don't care if you know the encounters or not - we don't so we are going to be learning too) who are easy to get along with, can take a joke and give as good as they get. What we don't care about is whether we wipe, how quickly we progress or most importantly of all, gear.

I play an Assassin tank (now 50), my friend hasn't decided yet and has a slew of level 20ish characters trying to find her 'fit' so we don't care if you started SWTOR yesterday or 5 months ago, we will help level and learn. We muck around a lot, we have fun. In other MMO's she constantly played the "how low can I get his health before healing him' game, in SWTOR I love playing the 'how long before she panics after I force stealth and drop aggro' game. Like I said, we are not elitist in regards to content, only as to who we group with.

With that all said, if this sounds like your kind of guild please send a tell or mail to Vallik in game, or to me on the forums here and we will add you to friends list and hang out for a while. We have not formed a guild yet, and won't until we have the right group of people to do so. We won't take anyone who randomly applies without getting to know you first but by the same token we aren't playing a game of 20 questions. We just want to get to know you.

Vallik.

>proclaimed elitists.

>creating casual guild

:rak_02:

I read it too and had a laugh. The assumption that everyone who uses group finder is incompetent is absolutely ridiculous. If you want to go through the end game content, you'll find it easier running HM FPs and Story Mode operations through group finder because there are always geared and experienced players using it just to do the weekly for the BH comms. Much, much easier than struggling to do it with 8 newbie 50s who you may recruit with 12k hp, lul.

Edited by BennyKrak

"Elitist" has too many twisted meanings these days and is probably not the best word in this context.

I kind of get Vallik's point. It is not that all GF/PUG are incompetent but tend to display lack of team mentality and sociality, which seem to be the key values of the guild Vallik trying to start.

I am sure they are many players who enjoy the social aspect of mmo more than just "progression" or in-game achievements.

Good luck.

Edited by Banegio

A bit about us: We are elitists when it comes to who we will play with, but not in our approach to content. In other words, we hate using group finder and doing PUG's because of the idiots you end up grouped with.

We muck around a lot, we have fun. In other MMO's she constantly played the "how low can I get his health before healing him' game, in SWTOR I love playing the 'how long before she panics after I force stealth and drop aggro' game. Like I said, we are not elitist in regards to content, only as to who we group with.

So basically, you are elitists because you want to be carried by decent players while stuffing round like a bunch of numpties? Go talk to Zargor, I'm sure he knows that feel.

Where did I say we want to be carried? I specifically said we don't care if people are even level 50 yet, implying that we will learn and gear up together. I also specifically said that we will start with hard modes which we have not attempted ANY of so far. This means gear and content progression starting from the beginning of end-game, ie when you first hit 50. No, we do not want to jump straight into 8 man OP's to be carried by people who already know what they are doing and are geared. You people that don't read what is actually written are the exact reason we hate group finder. Edited by Darkscis

I kind of get Vallik's point. It is not that all GF/PUG are incompetent but tend to display lack of team mentality and sociality, which seem to be the key values of the guild Vallik trying to start.

I am sure they are many players who enjoy the social aspect of mmo more than just "progression" or in-game achievements.

Good luck.

Someone actually read and understood, thank you. Perhaps I did word it a bit off, but the point remains the same. :)

We don't assume that everyone using group finder is an idiot, but there are certainly more than a few around, it's the bane of MMO's these days and you all know it whether you choose to accept it or not. Our choice to not use group finder is our own. We want a small guild of like minded people who we actually get along with so that we can laugh and learn together, what is so wrong with that? Too many people are so focused on rushing through end game content to get geared so they can sit around doing nothing in their BiS gear and be bored.

I know there are other like minded people out there, we meet them in every MMO we play. Finding them is the problem and the purpose of this post. If you don't like our philosophy you don't need to say anything. Go back to your raid guild and wait in line to be geared like the rest. I don't fault you for that, thats what you want from the game. How about you let us get what we want from the game.

Everybody who has posted on this thread thus far are PvPers lol.

You're elitest with who you group with but you're willing to form a guild with people who could be complete and utter crap I don't get it

in your sense to enjoy the endgame content you do the raids once you no how to do it, it gets so damn boring its not funny thats why people rush through it on there alts to get it done to have BiS gear to be ready for the newer content to come out.

Edited by Frobington

Everybody who has posted on this thread thus far are PvPers lol.

You're elitest with who you group with but you're willing to form a guild with people who could be complete and utter crap I don't get it

in your sense to enjoy the endgame content you do the raids once you no how to do it, it gets so damn boring its not funny thats why people rush through it on there alts to get it done to have BiS gear to be ready for the newer content to come out.

^ This.

Also, i'm sorry to say, i've never met anyone in an MMO ever that would find the "how low can i let his health get" or "TEEHEE agro drop" games fun.

Honestly good luck to you though, hope you find what you're looking for.

We have not formed a guild yet, and won't until we have the right group of people to do so. We won't take anyone who randomly applies without getting to know you first but by the same token we aren't playing a game of 20 questions.

^ I don't recall saying we were willing to form a guild with people who were complete and utter crap. I specifically said we will group and get to know people before hand because we want to know if we even get on. If we get along we don't mind spending time teaching people, it's all about the social aspect isn't it. You could be the best player on the server with all BiS gear who knows everything, but if you're a ******* we don't want to group with you. It's pretty simple.

Precisely why we have no need to rush, we don't need to make the content boring to be ready for the new content. We take our time, learn encounters, make friends and proceed at a pace that is comfortable with all of us.

Also, i'm sorry to say, i've never met anyone in an MMO ever that would find the "how low can i let his health get" or "TEEHEE agro drop" games fun.

We don't do this all the time, I was merely showing that we are not 100% deadly serious at all times. We like to muck about and have fun with friends. It's something we do to try eliminate the monotony when we are doing trivial content like leveling and daily quests. It's not something we do in the middle of an encounter we are learning for the first time. Common sense people :)

Edited by Darkscis

Good luck to you man. Theres a few small guilds like yours around. I joined one just recently after coming back from a break. We set up cross guild chat with some of the others too. Your not the only one trying to get things off the ground :p

Good luck to you man. Theres a few small guilds like yours around. I joined one just recently after coming back from a break. We set up cross guild chat with some of the others too. Your not the only one trying to get things off the ground :p

That's good to hear. I pretty much figured the forums would be a useless place to post but there was always a chance. I'm not surprised at all about the way the thread turned :D

Someone actually read and understood, thank you. Perhaps I did word it a bit off, but the point remains the same. :)

We don't assume that everyone using group finder is an idiot, but there are certainly more than a few around, it's the bane of MMO's these days and you all know it whether you choose to accept it or not. Our choice to not use group finder is our own. We want a small guild of like minded people who we actually get along with so that we can laugh and learn together, what is so wrong with that? Too many people are so focused on rushing through end game content to get geared so they can sit around doing nothing in their BiS gear and be bored.

I know there are other like minded people out there, we meet them in every MMO we play. Finding them is the problem and the purpose of this post. If you don't like our philosophy you don't need to say anything. Go back to your raid guild and wait in line to be geared like the rest. I don't fault you for that, thats what you want from the game. How about you let us get what we want from the game.

It is your choice not to use group finder but I have to say you do put yourself at a slight disadvantage because at the end of very HM you get your 5 BH coms which are needed to gear up for endgame. My 2c.