I just squandered 4-5 million credits.

So, I couldn't sleep last night because of the heat so I stared playing the game at 2am.

I was buying up some mats in preparation for crafting for strongholds and I wasn't paying attention to the prices.

Someone had apparantly put up Beryllius for 1.17 million creadits each. Since I was just buying in bulk and not really looking at the prices (since regular pricing usually isn't a problem for me) I just pressed the "sort by individual item price" button, but must have pressed it twice so it sorted highest first. I was surprised when suddenly the game told me I couldn't afford to buy more items...

I had 6+ million credits when I looked up Beryllius on the GTN, so I must have bought 4-5 of his super-overpriced Beryllius mats before the game told me I couldn't afford more.

Moral of the story here kids, is; Don't buy anything off the GTN at 2 am when you're dead tired :D

Oh well, back to grinding dailies :rolleyes:

So, I couldn't sleep last night because of the heat so I stared playing the game at 2am.

I was buying up some mats in preparation for crafting for strongholds and I wasn't paying attention to the prices.

Someone had apparantly put up Beryllius for 1.17 million creadits each. Since I was just buying in bulk and not really looking at the prices (since regular pricing usually isn't a problem for me) I just pressed the "sort by individual item price" button, but must have pressed it twice so it sorted highest first. I was surprised when suddenly the game told me I couldn't afford to buy more items...

I had 6+ million credits when I looked up Beryllius on the GTN, so I must have bought 4-5 of his super-overpriced Beryllius mats before the game told me I couldn't afford more.

Moral of the story here kids, is; Don't buy anything off the GTN at 2 am when you're dead tired :D

Lol. Glad I'm not the only one who has woken up the next day with... "WTH did I buy last night?"

Repeated occurrences have now instituted the: 'never use the GTN while drunk rule' that I try to adhere to.

That's how much it costs to unlock another bay for the Legacy Storage.

You could unlock the Strongholds on both Dromund Kaas and Coruscant and still save some money.

Ouch. :o

Yeah, it smarted a bit :)

But then again, if I run dailies from now 'til 2.9 is released I should have a few million again.

And I'm gonna try and sell some escrow transfers on the GTN to make money off the free CC I get from BW for sub/key/referrals

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Lol. Glad I'm not the only one who has woken up the next day with... "WTH did I buy last night?"

Repeated occurrences have now instituted the: 'never use the GTN while drunk rule' that I try to adhere to.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to add it to my "don't delete things on your computer after midnight" that was instituted after I deleted an entire planets worth of storyline footage for one of my videos :(

I saw them on the Progenitor and many other mats for 1.177.177 or something like that. If only I knew that people fall for it ;)

Yeah, it was an oddly specific number of credits.

Hopefully it wasn't some sort of goldseller scam or summin' :/

Oh well, nothing to be done about it now. Not like I can contact CS and ask for my money back :p

And I doubt I'd get the money back if I contacted the seller either.

Yeah, those smartypants are doing it a lot. :( I keep seeing it with all the mats, have to be doubly-careful now. Pricing mats for 1 mil each just so people could get mistaken and buy it instead of the usual price - that's low, really. :(

Still, mats are expensive as is: I bought some mats yesterday for "bottom" prices, and I'm still down four mil. I should do the smart thing and let my alts run the crew missions at least for the regular stuff - slower but cheaper.

Yeah, those smartypants are doing it a lot. :( I keep seeing it with all the mats, have to be doubly-careful now. Pricing mats for 1 mil each just so people could get mistaken and buy it instead of the usual price - that's low, really. :(

Still, mats are expensive as is: I bought some mats yesterday for "bottom" prices, and I'm still down four mil. I should do the smart thing and let my alts run the crew missions at least for the regular stuff - slower but cheaper.

Yeah I pretty much cleaned out the Progenitor GTN of alot of the mats needed for stronghold crafting.

Spent maby 2-3 million to get truckloads of mats before I made that mistake of buying 5 individual ones off that one guy...

Its a trick on several servers, seeing as the GTN list price puts a comma between thousands and a full stop between decimals - Easy to miss when not paying 100% attention. Seeing something you want that's usually 1500 credits listed at 325,123.300 looks like a rounding error if you aren't savvy to it. - 325 credits! Buy! buy!

I guess it isn't against the rules per-se and not an exploit as such, and I doubt that BW would give us a 'credit limit' on purchases. But thanks for the heads-up. I'll be checking my purchases very carefully from now on. -if anyone is prone to mistakes like this, then I genuinely feel your pain - You could put the bulk of your credits on a little-used character and just have a slush-fund for the others - a million or so maybe - to ensure they can't spend several millions on hugely inflated items.

IF you bought something that is a Cartel market item - then consider unlocking it if that is an option - at least that way you can have multiple copies and make the pain a little more bearable.

It's against the rulest to name names - but you could put the offenders on your ignore list and chack this agaist their listings before making a purchase.

OP, If I had some cash or mats to spare, I'd certainly let you have some.

Edited by Storm-Cutter

Nothing good happens after 2am.

I've learned to never ever ever mess with the GTN once I get tired.

I've learned that one should never list/buy/vendor or manage files after midnight or early in the morning.

A while ago when the Hydra set was selling for around a million I accidentally listed one at default price late at night. Another time I accidentally sold my two Dread Master [augmented] implants from my tank set (I was wearing my DPS set) while cleaning out some of my inventory. And another time early in the morning after installing a new harddrive I decided to copy my old files to the new one and then reformat the old harddrive. Well I copied my game installations over, but not my collection of class story videos which contained half the class story of my Sniper and Shadow. Those last two hit right in the gut.

Thankfully for my implants the CS rep restored them within a couple days. They even restored them with the augments in them, as well as the two augment kits I had used on them. Funny thing if you take a closer look at what I just wrote, the implants I got were not augmented, however they came with the augments already in them. Unaugmented augmented implants.

For the files, I'm fortunate enough that I didn't put anything on the new drive before realizing my mistake, and was able to recover all of my files using a free program called recuva. I only had trouble with one file which lost its indexing but a little bit of work with virtualdub and it worked just fine again.

*phew*

Edited by MillionsKNives

yup... I've seen this tactic a few times. First time was on my Jedi Covenant armomech, where I'm far from rich, and I needed 2 more kit parts for another kit slot. Went to the GTN., clicked on the unit price once or twice, it looked the lowest, but it wasnt, the item was red (not enough credits). Taking a closer look, what it seemed decimals were actually thousand separator

I think the trick is actually putting the highest price, so when you click a few times to get the lowest one, the item is at the top and it seems ok because of the decimal thing..... pretty low tactic..

In other news... I just made 4 Million credits on Junk MATS!!!! I wish:(

Yeah nothing ever good comes from doing things when you should be sleeping. might I suggest a nice boring book next time. or maybe AC :cool:

Ouch.

I got a harsh lesson in not paying attention that time I accidentally deleted my main character.

Ever since then I'm always extra cautious when doing anything like spending money when I'm tired.

How did you even manage that? You have to type down the name before deleting it. :o

Love this thread. Well to add to the humor here I just cleaned out all of the level 450 investigation missions on my server, ALL of them, all 30 that were listed. For some unknown reason they were all selling on the gtn for 8,000 max. With strongholds i will easily make that back. I also cleaned out all of the 6 and 9 purple cloth at rock bottom prices. I do not think it has really hit my server yet how much you will need to craft stuff.

To the OP I feel your pain I bought a mount a while back for 2 million that I saw after buying it was listed by somebody else for 400K.

Sorry to hear that, even I don't wish that on you ;)

Yeah, it was an oddly specific number of credits.

Hopefully it wasn't some sort of goldseller scam or summin' :/

Oh well, nothing to be done about it now. Not like I can contact CS and ask for my money back :p

And I doubt I'd get the money back if I contacted the seller either.

Maybe it was someone who was trying to transfer credits from the Republic side to the Imperial one.

Without knowing he could've just mailed them.

Or it was simply someone who was hoping he'd get lucky when someone missclicked lol, in which case you really made his day! :p

Sorry to hear that though, that's a really sucky way to go broke. But at least you'll always have a fun story to tell!

You just have to type "delete". You might be thinking of another game.

Yep, it's just "delete" on this one.

Also, always be very careful when selecting the next character if you're deleting more than one. I know the "character selector" was fighting me all the way when I was trying to delete a ton of placeholders back during the server merge days. I accidentally nuked one I meant to keep and had to wait painfully long to get it restored.