We were expecting Paid Transfers with the Cartel Market. Can you give us an update?

Pahomi

Dear SWTOR Development Team,

I believe I speak for a significant portion of the community when I say that we would like an update on your plans for paid transfers. Most people were expecting this feature to be included in the Cartel Market but from what we see on the PTS, there is no sign of it.

I could see possible issues with giving us this feature now considering the delicate situation with the APAC servers at the moment. Are you guys waiting after F2P populations settle before you release this feature? Can we still expect it to come this year? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

I you're right and they might wait until after 1.5 goes live for that. Who knows, 1.5 could be a hit; the server populations go up and the need for transfers goes down.

If they allowed you to transfer today, I'd still say wait. The problem might be solved soon.

I you're right and they might wait until after 1.5 goes live for that. Who knows, 1.5 could be a hit; the server populations go up and the need for transfers goes down.

If they allowed you to transfer today, I'd still say wait. The problem might be solved soon.

I don't want to leave my server. The one I got moved to eventually is a good one. The problem is that a lot of us that were stuck on dead servers in the spring chose to roll other characters on high population servers and now we would like to get them back. I for one would have all 4 class buffs if all my characters were on the same server but they are split up on 2 different servers unfortunately

So paid transfers are not only needed for people wanting to change servers but also for so many people that want to consolidate all their characters on one server.

My question OP is why you were expecting something they never said was going to be in 1.5 would actually be in 1.5?

Because they already have the technology as was demonstrated with the free transfers and it would make sense to add them when F2P with the cartel market arrives. Most people were speculating this and I think that is what made them more patient regarding this issue. Seeing that this was not the case only causes more frustration and uncertainty so an update to know where we stand would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Pahomi

You guys just need to be patient.

Bioware hinted at possible paid transfers back in April and now you guys are checking for a status?

I swear this instant gratification generation never quits to amaze me.

Edited by Graydon

You guys just need to be patient.

Bioware hinted at possible paid transfers back in April and now you guys are checking for a status?

I swear this instant gratification generation never quits to amaze me.

You realize April was half a year ago, right? And it's not like we are asking for content, this is something that they already have the technology for and the lack thereof keeps many people from playing and/or enjoying the game. But if you don't need it I guess that's fine, people should be more patient.

My question OP is why you were expecting something they never said was going to be in 1.5 would actually be in 1.5?

I have a guildmate that has convinced himself paid transfers will be coming with 1.5 as well

Not sure why as its never been mentioned but hes positive it is coming

Not sure who created this rumor and when but it is spreading

I suspect there will be a number of folks disappointed come 1.5

but in now way will they be a majority or even a strong minority IMO

I think most folks got the characters they wanted with the merges. Maybe not the names but the characters