1.7 Class Changes (Datamined)

ARagingNoob

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

coming from a veng jug that does equal dps of a dps sin, if sin's aren't getting buffs that IS bogus

I have seen the buffs for almost all of the classes and marauders get yet another buff. Sins are going to be just like the patch before deception got buffed. Terrible. Oh well guess I'll have to deal yet again with more op classes. I survived the smash parade, guess I can deal with this too. However I can deal with it, doesn't mean I'll stay quiet. I'm going to complain.

Sneak increases stealth level by 15 on use. Shifty-Eyed gives another 2. Two-three other talents in the new tree give another 2-3 bonus each. So in the worse case scenario, Snipers would have a +5 or so stealth detection on us, and that's easily surmounted with our new awesome gap closer.

Yeah, anyone can; that's one of our best matchups. Perhaps I was unclear.

What I meant was, even with their new outrageous stealth detection boost, our gap closer will let us get close to them without them noticing us. So fellow Ops/Scoundrels shouldn't be TOO worried about it.

TBH I wouldn't even want a damage boost to Scrappers. We hit quite hard as is. The only things we do need are a) survivability (we need this badly) and b) better sustained damage. The former is accomplished through a number of talents and abilities that I saw in the data mining (Evasion procs, Scamper, etc.). The latter is geting a little attention (there's an energy cost reduction on Sabotage Charge that I recall), but it needs more help than just a single ability's reduction. Even just a +1 or +2 energy regeneraton boost on Pugnacity would be awesome.

1.) Shifty-eyed is a stealth detection buff, not a stealth level buff, also you have "worst case scenario" confused with "best possible situation"

2.) I wouldn't want a burst buff to scrapper, that would be inane. But even you asked for a sustained damage buff/energy management buff, which seems quite appropriate. I've topped out at 775k damage in a VS, and I'm sure that would've been an easy mill with any real dps class

1.) Shifty-eyed is a stealth detection buff, not a stealth level buff, also you have "worst case scenario" confused with "best possible situation"

Whoops. Meant Sneaky, not Shifty-Eyed. I'm still just not scared of the Sniper. It would really take a lot to make that matchup bad, and him detecting us from a few meters away just means we have to time our approach instead of just ramboing up. If anything it will make that fight more fun.

2.) I wouldn't want a burst buff to scrapper, that would be inane. But even you asked for a sustained damage buff/energy management buff, which seems quite appropriate. I've topped out at 775k damage in a VS, and I'm sure that would've been an easy mill with any real dps class

Yeah... we need some sustained help.

I have seen the buffs for almost all of the classes and marauders get yet another buff. Sins are going to be just like the patch before deception got buffed. Terrible. Oh well guess I'll have to deal yet again with more op classes. I survived the smash parade, guess I can deal with this too. However I can deal with it, doesn't mean I'll stay quiet. I'm going to complain.

Those marauder buffs aren't that scary, looking over the changes. I am happy to see smash and sweep get a reasonable nerf (not an over-nerf). There are also a number of changes to that tree which the dataminers haven't yet figured out, so I am holding out hope.

A 30m double saber throw? Carnage is going to be nasty with an execute that can be used at anytime. And they also are getting a bigger window to do damage.

I don't have much hope vas. I just think ops/scoundrels will be the better stealthers this patch. I just want a defensive for my sin. More would be great.

More new stuff http://pastebin.com/6a8DUz1P

Im REALLY hoping that these will be reworked:

Battlefield Command: Getting attacked while in Soresu Form reduces the active cooldown of Force Leap by <<1[%d seconds/%d second/%d seconds]>>. This effect cannot occur more than once every 1.5 seconds.

Portable Deflector Shield: Absorbs all incoming damage for 5s. (only usable in PvP)

Emergency Shield Generator: Absorbs 33% of incoming damage for 60 seconds. (only usable in PvP)

Targeting Beacon: Target enemy takes 30% more damage for 20 seconds (only usable in PvP)

Energy Redirection Field: Deals <<1>> damage and stuns for <<2>> seconds the next player to attack you. (only usable in PvP)

Are those items supposed to be like WZ comms consumables? I'm guessing so, since they weren't listed as crew skill changes/additions. I guess they could also have been some weird addition to WZs like buffs, but that'd be a weird change they'd probably have stated before.

Not even close, you're just running the only spec that doesn't have an inane amount of defensive cooldowns

I run 10-14 specs per day. I prefer madness because all of the damage is force damage. I can stay at a good range. I just run all of them that way I can work on the advantage of all my abilities and learn what to use in certain situations. Like you hit me for 5k in AH because im running madness due to the insta ww.

Deception is good, but I'd prefer concealment if I wanted a middle tree stealther.

Haha I know To-le I am excited for once we feel the love by bioware! But of course we will have people complain as usual! But hey at least the force is on our side! Now please give me the brown suede jacket!

I have been thinking about this more Candy and I don't feel it will be op. If they put all these new moves in the very top of the seer tree, I won't be able to run bubble stun and still have the new goodies. Now I will be able to pick up salvation most likely and get into respendence for the longer fights, but unless this God mode has a short cooldown I have to consider knockback roots and bubble stun > God mode with long cool down.

With that being said I am very curious to see how much the bubbles will heal. That could be a big difference maker in my choices or spec.

I have been thinking about this more Candy and I don't feel it will be op. If they put all these new moves in the very top of the seer tree, I won't be able to run bubble stun and still have the new goodies. Now I will be able to pick up salvation most likely and get into respendence for the longer fights, but unless this God mode has a short cooldown I have to consider knockback roots and bubble stun > God mode with long cool down.

With that being said I am very curious to see how much the bubbles will heal. That could be a big difference maker in my choices or spec.

For the time being, Force Barrier will be a general Sage ability while the HP regen is a Seer tree talent.

Those marauder buffs aren't that scary, looking over the changes. I am happy to see smash and sweep get a reasonable nerf (not an over-nerf). There are also a number of changes to that tree which the dataminers haven't yet figured out, so I am holding out hope.

Rage spec is going to be awful after Rise of The Hutt Cartel comes out. 66.7% nerf to force sweep is ridiculous. The buffs to watchman spec are nowhere near enough, compared to how much sage is getting buffed.

Rage spec is going to be awful after Rise of The Hutt Cartel comes out. 66.7% nerf to force sweep is ridiculous. The buffs to watchman spec are nowhere near enough, compared to how much sage is getting buffed.

Dude, they are adding a TON of utility to rage. More frequent hard smashes, increased damage after smash, reduced CD on obliterate, added snares, increased survivability.

Yes they nerfed the "smashmonkey" burst that every healer knows and loves, but now rage requires more skill to play. Better managment of utility, of when to use DPS other then smash. Smash well still hit hard, it just won't hit 9-10ks on under geared players.

It is nerfed from 100% to 66.6%.

11.1% per rank per stack. 2 ranks of the talent, 3 stacks of shockwave = 66.6%. A 6k smash becomes ~5k smash. A 9k smash becomes 7500. It is not the end of the world. Maybe some of you Fotm re-rolling **** will play something else.

My guess is, the rage epidemic will continue cuz they are getting buffed in other places while an aoe attack still hits harder than most any other ability and be autocrit.

Edited by Ravashakk

Doesn't the datamined talent read 11.11111 (or w/e) per rank? so if it's a 2 rank talent at present, and it stacks to 3, we're looking at a 66.67 damage increase, thus only a 33.33% nerf? Or am I mistaken?

Regardless, its datamined, the best thing that came from this whole affair is it put pressure on BW to release actual notes.

Doesn't the datamined talent read 11.11111 (or w/e) per rank? so if it's a 2 rank talent at present, and it stacks to 3, we're looking at a 66.67 damage increase, thus only a 33.33% nerf? Or am I mistaken?

Regardless, its datamined, the best thing that came from this whole affair is it put pressure on BW to release actual notes.

Did you read the pastebin a few posts up, there is a couple things for immortal, what do you think of the Guardian ship ability?

They need to address tanks in this game. I feel like in PvP they don't have a place. Huttball you Still need to use 1 IMO, but some people may not see it. Jugs/guardians need a 10-15% damage increase. I really think that would be fair.

Also giving a stealth class a teleport with RotHC is going to be huge. That sounds super OP. 45 sec cd may be too amazing.

Did you read the pastebin a few posts up, there is a couple things for immortal, what do you think of the Guardian ship ability?

The one where I'll be able to force leap an unlimited amount of times? I'll believe it when I see it.

Went back and checked Guardian Ship, looks good. But still, I'll believe the notes when I see it.

Edited by TalonKorr

They need to address tanks in this game. I feel like in PvP they don't have a place. Huttball you Still need to use 1 IMO, but some people may not see it. Jugs/guardians need a 10-15% damage increase. I really think that would be fair.

Also giving a stealth class a teleport with RotHC is going to be huge. That sounds super OP. 45 sec cd may be too amazing.

Theyre giving Juggs/ Guardians a lower active cd proc on damage recieved for Force Leap/Charge, Saber Reflect (reflects all damage but melee back to caster), movement speed increase when you take damage through guard, Force Leap/ Charge has a chance to take their interrupt off cd, and their aoe taunt (Challenging Call right?) will have a chance to give a 10s barrier to nearby allies. They will be fine, their tree is meant to be Immortal or Defensive, just as the tree says. IMO they should be walking shields for heals and I think these additions will make them more than adequate for that role.

I agree with the OPness of the Blink though :D As long as they cant use it when theyre carrying the ball I wont be that pissed off

Edited by ARagingNoob

no. absolutely not. not the way the rest of the game is currently structured. guardian tanks are *excellent* tanks with insane cc and cc immunity, and tankasins can dps and bring a ton of utility (most important being stealth guard, force pull, guard). as it stands now, there's room for one of each in every wz. it's the VG tank that is the odd man out and could use some tweaking.

Edited by foxmob