Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tanking Stat Weights

Talonwk
07.08.2013 , 03:46 PM | #321
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
that is a matter of mitigation versus time to kill, which is sticky. 5 hilts/armorings trade 50 endruance for 50 strength.

from the OP: you get 0.01554 absorb per second for each point of strength

so 50 endurance gives 505 hp, which equates to 0.39 seconds of life assuming 4500 incoming dps in KD gear (1285 tdps post absorb).

you get 0.777 absorb per second from the 50 strength.

there is no good way to compare apples to apples in this instance.
Therefore it would take 650 seconds just to absorb 505 HP so you are better off starting with the extra 505 HP it seems. I think I was looking at an old formula that had a bonus healing coefficient of around 3. After digging further this was a post regarding static barrier in a jugg tanking thread lol.
Affliction Guild Master Affliction Guild Website
Omnipøtent - Carnage Marauder
Omnipresent - Medicine Operative
Omniscient - Darkness Assassin

nnaydolem
07.16.2013 , 12:54 PM | #322
OK...i am going to be really basic here. I just started Tanking on my Vanguard and she is a 54, ABOUT to hit 55. What do Modifications, Enhancements, Armor.

I found some stats, but they were PRE-2.0, and i know stats have changed a bit, so i want to make sure I stacking what i need to. Thanks all!!!!

Plaguedcry
07.16.2013 , 02:06 PM | #323
Quote: Originally Posted by nnaydolem View Post
OK...i am going to be really basic here. I just started Tanking on my Vanguard and she is a 54, ABOUT to hit 55. What do Modifications, Enhancements, Armor.

I found some stats, but they were PRE-2.0, and i know stats have changed a bit, so i want to make sure I stacking what i need to. Thanks all!!!!
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=616779

Shows great stat distributions for all 3 types of tanks, for all levels of gear. If you're confused on how to use, basically the number on the left is the sum of all 3 of your ratings (shield, absorb, defense). You would add up the 3 numbers you currently have, find yourself (closest number to) on the list of sums, and then look to see where you're over or lacking in your stats.

OR if you prefer having something to shoot for, you could just pick your highest stat, and find it on the list, and push your other stats up to meet the highest as you get gear.

dipstik
07.16.2013 , 02:25 PM | #324
for vanguard i would shoot for around 800 defense, 800 shield and 500 absorb for starting out, then as you get better gear, just keep you defense at around 700 to 800, then start stacking shield and absorb to 1000 and 700 respectively.

if you click on the link in the OP, you will be shown the ideal stats and also there are askmrrobot profiles to show you the kinds of mods, enhancements and augments to get

Kytea
08.06.2013 , 06:30 PM | #325
From today's patch notes:

Quote:
Arkanian, Underworld and Kell Dragon proc relics will no longer prevent other Arkanian, Underworld and Kell Dragon procs of a different type from activating. For example, a Power proc relic and a damage proc relic will both activate correctly when equipped together.
Would a vanguard now be better off with two proc relics, such as, say one def pro and one shield proc? (assuming I want passive non-clicky relics... right I got an ewh and def proc relic)
It's not impossible. It's just improbable.

Kitru
08.06.2013 , 07:01 PM | #326
Quote: Originally Posted by Kytea View Post
Would a vanguard now be better off with two proc relics, such as, say one def pro and one shield proc? (assuming I want passive non-clicky relics... right I got an ewh and def proc relic)
Abs proc and Def proc are now the effective BiS for all tanks. Swapping out the Abs proc relic for a Shield/Abs use relic for specific fights, such as TfB, Writhing Horror, and other bosses with significant tank downtime is BiS for those fights, but it's conditional and only a marginal improvement. The general case that will work for pretty much everyone is double proc relics (which I think is actually the new BiS for *everyone*).
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

ssfish
08.06.2013 , 07:16 PM | #327
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
Abs proc and Def proc are now the effective BiS for all tanks. Swapping out the Abs proc relic for a Shield/Abs use relic for specific fights, such as TfB, Writhing Horror, and other bosses with significant tank downtime is BiS for those fights, but it's conditional and only a marginal improvement. The general case that will work for pretty much everyone is double proc relics (which I think is actually the new BiS for *everyone*).
Has it been confirmed that the Absorb proc and Defense proc are considered different types and now work in conjunction? They are both 20 second defensive procs, and don't seem to me to be different types of relics. It just seems like it is the same as using an Energy damage proc relic in conjunction with an Internal damage proc relic.

(I get that one is procced off of a successfully shielded attack, while the other is off any attack, and that would be the one caveat for them working together that I can see)
Lift - Juggernaut Biije - Scoundrel Macana - Sorc
Lifting - Guardian

Kitru
08.06.2013 , 07:18 PM | #328
Quote: Originally Posted by ssfish View Post
Has it been confirmed that the Absorb proc and Defense proc are considered different types and now work in conjunction? They are both 20 second defensive procs, and don't seem to me to be different types of relics. It just seems like it is the same as using an Energy damage proc relic in conjunction with an Internal damage proc relic.

(I get that one is procced off of a successfully shielded attack, while the other is off any attack, and that would be the one caveat for them working together that I can see)
Dipstik confirmed on the test server. Unless it got changed when it went from test to live, it should be the same.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

ssfish
08.06.2013 , 07:26 PM | #329
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
Dipstik confirmed on the test server. Unless it got changed when it went from test to live, it should be the same.
I wish I'd paid more attention to the tanking topics then... I wouldn't have bothered to learn the click relic for our tanks.

Thanks.
Lift - Juggernaut Biije - Scoundrel Macana - Sorc
Lifting - Guardian