How's Vette and collar working these days?

Gelious

I tried to google it, but all I got was a lot of old threads from vanilla where conversations worked on affection, rather then story progression, outdated and therefore useless.

I am currently playing as proud evil SW who dislikes Vette's free spirit but slowly warms up to her. I am planning to remove the collar.. eventually. So far she asked twice (2 completely identical conversations). How many more chances do I get before Vette stops asking? Will she ever stop asking? Assuming she asks after each planet completion, does it mean I have until the end of Corellia to take it off before I am locked out of Vette's story forever? Or will she ask always until I start KOTFE? How does it work now?

Edited by Gelious

I tried to google it, but all I got was a lot of old threads from vanilla where conversations worked on affection, rather then story progression, outdated and therefore useless.

Not useless, because of two things:

* The old system worked on a combination of affection and story progression(1), not affection alone. (You had to progress *both* affection and the story.)

* The flow of the conversations hasn't changed, even if the gating system has.

Certain bugs have been fixed (they say) in the interactions between the DSJ and Vette stories, but the basic flow of Vette's story hasn't changed.

(1) The story-progression gating today is more fine-grained than it was before, in that individual conversations are unlocked by specific story elements rather than being gated on which chapter you are in.

As far as i know the last time she asks you is when she tells you she is slowly dying from wearing the collar. Check youtube for all collar related dialogue. The collar bug however still exists, so unless you remove it at the first chance she will wear the collar ingame even if you remove it at a later time.

As far as i know the last time she asks you is when she tells you she is slowly dying from wearing the collar. Check youtube for all collar related dialogue. The collar bug however still exists, so unless you remove it at the first chance she will wear the collar ingame even if you remove it at a later time.

Even if you do remove it at the first opportunity (my toons always do, as soon as she asks) she still appears to have the collar on, unfortunately. The only way to stop it from showing up is to use one of the customizations.

Even if you do remove it at the first opportunity (my toons always do, as soon as she asks) she still appears to have the collar on, unfortunately. The only way to stop it from showing up is to use one of the customizations.

I think they are all ugly AF, i prefer the original Vette. Some headpieces seem to hide the collar too.

Yeah, that really annoys me. In some scenes she has it on, and in others she doesn't. I always feel terrible when I see it!

Yeah, that really annoys me. In some scenes she has it on, and in others she doesn't. I always feel terrible when I see it!

Depends....If you marry Vette you find out she kinda has a kinky thing about her shock collar...imagine what the two lovebirds might have done during the loadscreen for the scene :D