Operatives Stealth Spec are in desperate need of a nerf

JadenVaska

So, I was pvping with my lvl 49 Juggernuat who is a tank spec. I'm thinking psht, I should be wrecking people, and I was, until I was travelling on the side area, and out of no where, a wild lvl 25ish operative appears... It was 20 something. I wasn't able to see the level the battle ended so quickly.

The Operative literally unstealed with a stun move, was able to keep me stunned and killed me... btw, this all happened with in about 4-7 seconds, and continued happening throughout the match... those were my only deaths...

If someone can down a tank in 4-7 seconds, they are over powered... I did not have time to pop saber ward, invincible, or enduring pain. There was literally no time for anything. I was dead before I could even read the name.

I had about 13,000 hp and heavy armoring... To me, that is absolutely insane and overpowered... If anyone disagrees who is not profiting from this crazyness let me know...

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I was pvping with my lvl 49 Juggernuat who is a tank spec. I'm thinking psht, I should be wrecking people, and I was, until I was travelling on the side area, and out of no where, a wild lvl 25ish operative appears... It was 20 something. I wasn't able to see the level the battle ended so quickly.

The Operative literally unstealed with a stun move, was able to keep me stunned and killed me... btw, this all happened with in about 4-7 seconds, and continued happening throughout the match... those were my only deaths...

If someone can down a tank in 4-7 seconds, they are over powered... I did not have time to pop saber ward, invincible, or enduring pain. There was literally no time for anything. I was dead before I could even read the name.

I had about 13,000 hp and heavy armoring... To me, that is absolutely insane and overpowered... If anyone disagrees who is not profiting from this crazyness let me know...

1) From my understanding, his level shouldn't matter - levels are scaled (correct me if I'm wrong).

2) Sure, Opers have alot of stuns, but other than solo'ing they have little power. They only have a little AOE CC, and if you're in a group with just one other person you can take down an Oper (while you're stunned, your mate attacks the Oper).

My two cents.

I don't feel any need to nerf the classes just because you wandered out alone ...

FYI you still keep people targeted after you die in Warzones so it is easy to see what level they are. Also bolster is used in Warzones below 50 so all classes are on relatively even footing with damage and defense. Your thinking you should be wrecking because of your level was misplaced.

So, I was pvping with my lvl 49 Juggernuat who is a tank spec. I'm thinking psht, I should be wrecking people, and I was, until I was travelling on the side area, and out of no where, a wild lvl 25ish operative appears... It was 20 something.

The Operative literally unstealed with a stun move

Funny that, seen as operatives don't get their stealth stun opener untill level 36

Stun break. DoT, you win.

*opener falls down is hit for 5-6k damage*

*hits stun break and stands up*

*back stabbed during stand up, hit for another 5-6k damage*

*2x 500-600 dot ticks*

*slammed by normal attack for 3k damage*

*dies shortly after*

by the time you can stand up, and react properly your dead, even with the stun break so no sorry this isn't a valid reaction time, requiring EVERYONE to have a rakata medipac is als not an option not everyone is biochem nor should it be required though it is currently the ONLY defense! of course thats assuming 0 lag, 0 latency, and reaction times of a cat pumped up on stims!

operatives/scoundrels need there burst lowered and survivability increased, and there sustained damage increased. This way we dont get 2 shot, but they still do alot of damage but we can actually fight back.

big reason that operatives and scoundrels are so deadly atm is because there ambush does huge damage, stuns, and reduces armor, and adds a dot in ONE attack. In every other mmo rogue like classes have to choose one of those while ops/scoundrels get all 3 in one attack.

solution would be to make them choose and might be all thats needed... damage, or stun or dot or armor reduction NOT all in one attack.

"I was wandering around alone and a stealth class got the opener on me and won. Obviously this is in desperate need of a nerf."

read the above your always going to get hit by opener and the back stab even if your team reacts to help you, you still lost 3/4 of your health in 2 strikes... are stunned, and even if they die the damage is done someone WILL pick up the kill in group combat! the issue is that no one should be dealing this much damage in a single strike... its a stupid amount of damage in a short amount of time.

Edited by Lokai

*2x 500-600 dot ticks*

*dies shortly after*

by the time you can stand up, and react properly your dead, even with the stun break so no sorry this isn't a valid reaction time, requiring EVERYONE to have a rakata medipac is als not an option not everyone is biochem nor should it be required though it is currently the ONLY defense! of course thats assuming 0 lag, 0 latency, and reaction times of a cat pumped up on stims!

operatives/scoundrels need there burst lowered and survivability increased, and there sustained damage increased. This way we dont get 2 shot, but they still do alot of damage but we can actually fight back.

big reason that operatives and scoundrels are so deadly atm is because there ambush does huge damage, stuns, and reduces armor, and adds a dot in ONE attack. In every other mmo rogue like classes have to choose one of those while ops/scoundrels get all 3 in one attack.

solution would be to make them choose and might be all thats needed... damage, or stun or dot or armor reduction NOT all in one attack.

OR - you could stay with your team and not run out alone. Opers can't do JACK against a group. Sure, they can drop one person solo - but if one person starts laying damage on them, they drop even quicker than they can drop you.

Your fault for running out alone.

EDIT: And if they didn't have all of the above, they'd never be worth anything in PvE, either. Next time play smarter, you might live longer.

Edited by lentWolf

If anyone disagrees who is not profiting from this crazyness let me know...
I don't PvP. At all. I derive absolutely no profit or benefit from said "crazyness". I disagree with your assessment of the situation. Also: Stop trying to nerf my PvE because of your PVP. Down with the oppressors! :D Edited by Sun-Runner

OR - you could stay with your team and not run out alone. Opers can't do JACK against a group. Sure, they can drop one person solo - but if one person starts laying damage on them, they drop even quicker than they can drop you.

Your fault for running out alone.

doesn't matter even if i'm with a group still taking 3/4 of my life away in 2 attacks, WHY in gods name people think that is balanced... is beyond me. No sorry is no reason any class should be dealing that kind of damage in 2 attacks thats 11k damage in the first 3 seconds of battle, and its not even like its a rare occurrence had same operative crit me like this every single time he attacked in a warzone with out fail. Sometimes he hit me so hard and fast my team couldn't even turn around before splat! i was dead! sorry ops need to have there burst lowered down and sustained raised.

NO CLASS SHOULD BE 2-3 SHOTTING ANOTHER CLASS WITH 500+ EXPERTISE!

end of story! and sad thing is IT happens! a video on pvp forums of just this making the point that, expertise does nothing to stop this!

Edited by Artthen
edited out quote of removed post

doesn't matter even if i'm with a group still taking 3/4 of my life away in 2 attacks, WHY in gods name people think that is balanced... is beyond me. No sorry is no reason any class should be dealing that kind of damage in 2 attacks thats 11k damage in the first 3 seconds of battle, and its not even like its a rare occurrence had same operative crit me like this every single time he attacked in a warzone with out fail. Sometimes he hit me so hard and fast my team couldn't even turn around before splat! i was dead! sorry ops need to have there burst lowered down and sustained raised.

end of story! and sad thing is IT happens! a video on pvp forums of just this making the point that, expertise does nothing to stop this!

it does nothing because expertise isnt going to replace how bad you are. Seriously...if you are a tank and dying to an operative then you should prob stop pvping. lol

*2x 500-600 dot ticks*

*dies shortly after*

read the above your always going to get hit by opener and the back stab even if your team reacts to help you, you still lost 3/4 of your health in 2 strikes... are stunned, and even if they die the damage is done someone WILL pick up the kill in group combat! the issue is that no one should be dealing this much damage in a single strike... its a stupid amount of damage in a short amount of time.

Don't put your back to him, and use your pushback. That simple.

Mhm. And as soon as he pops out, your team focuses him and he drops before he can get even a second hit on you. Other classes have CC and stuns, too, ya' know. Just because you're slacking in the skills department doesn't mean another class needs nerfed.

Please, try this:

Make an Imperial Agent. Get up to level 20. Make sure you've run Oper. Sure, you now have several stuns - but unless your gear is the same or better as your current level (and your companion), good luck soloing anything more than a level above you. Other classes? Ha, they can solo plenty of PvE - at much higher levels than their own level.

So, without their stuns and damage, Opers would die too quickly to even be soloable in PvE. They die quick enough in PvP as it is - they deserve the damage they have.

The problem *I'm* seeing is between the keyboard and the chair/couch/bed. It's becoming apparent you don't really know how the Oper class works - and that's probably your biggest weakness.

Edited by lentWolf

it does nothing because expertise isnt going to replace how bad you are. Seriously...if you are a tank and dying to an operative then you should prob stop pvping. lol

interestingly enough 90% of all attacks that an operative gets can't be shielded, blocked, dodged or parried by tanks, though no i'm not a tank so isn't about tanks. Is a huge thread on why tanks have almost no mitigation in pvp, and aren't working properly try to go and read.

also yes i'm so terrible...i get 2-3 shot by a broken burst class =3 yep i'm bad... fail troll is fail!

Edit: lemme clarify its almost all attacks in pvp cant currently be mitigated by pvp tanks, reason so hard to kill is sheerly them popping every straight damage reduction cooldown and hoping is a healer spamming heals on them. That aside no tanks are not able to mitigate damage way they can in pve.

Mhm. And as soon as he pops out, your team focuses him and he drops before he can get even a second hit on you. Other classes have CC and stuns, too, ya' know. Just because you're slacking in the skills department doesn't mean another class needs nerfed.

Please, try this:

Make an Imperial Agent. Get up to level 20. Make sure you've run Oper. Sure, you now have several stuns - but unless your gear is the same or better as your current level (and your companion), good luck soloing anything more than a level above you. Other classes? Ha, they can solo plenty of PvE - at much higher levels than their own level.

So, without their stuns and damage, Opers would die too quickly to even be soloable in PvE. They die quick enough in PvP as it is - they deserve the damage they have.

The problem *I'm* seeing is between the keyboard and the chair/couch/bed. It's becoming apparent you don't really know how the Oper class works - and that's probably your biggest weakness.

uhh because takes so much skill to hit 3 keys and kill someone...sorry there is no skill here, is the problem. The issue is one class has full ability to kill other players by pushing 3 keys one after the other. I understand fully how they work, and i realize are indeed squishie and hard to level do to that fact. HOWEVER being squishie in pve is no excuse for allowing them to kill people in 3 attacks.

no team can react fast enough to respond to first 2 attacks do to having to actually turn around, target the scoundrel, and attack do to POOR targeting functions(partially) and general reaction times anyone can stop the soundrel from making his second attack either has godly internet connection the reflexes of a cat, and macro mouse at there disposal. But all of that said...you know the nerf is coming... nothing will stop it from happening.

Edited by Lokai

interestingly enough 90% of all attacks that an operative gets can't be shielded, blocked, dodged or parried by tanks, though no i'm not a tank so isn't about tanks. Is a huge thread on why tanks have almost no mitigation in pvp, and aren't working properly try to go and read.

also yes i'm so terrible...i get 2-3 shot by a broken burst class =3 yep i'm bad... fail troll is fail!

Gonna call BS again - after level 35 in PvE you start to find mobs that will dodge and resist your attacks as Oper.

Same in PvP - on my 38 Oper (slightly higher level gear), half of my attacks (including my stealth-breaker stab that only does 1300dmg normally, mind you, not 6k) are resisted by tanks like you.

So if you had decent gear, I shouldn't even be able to LAND damage on you - much less kill you.

Gonna call BS again - after level 35 in PvE you start to find mobs that will dodge and resist your attacks as Oper.

Same in PvP - on my 38 Oper (slightly higher level gear), half of my attacks (including my stealth-breaker stab that only does 1300dmg normally, mind you, not 6k) are resisted by tanks like you.

So if you had decent gear, I shouldn't even be able to LAND damage on you - much less kill you.

most ops attacks are tech damage

armor does not block tech damage

most ops attacks are tech damage

armor does not block tech damage

You sure? Regardless, I keep running into a bunch of resists. If TOR wasn't having so many performance issues for me, I'd record footage and show it to you. I tried to attack a 39 Jugger last night in Civil War (I think - that's the one with the batteries/flags, yes?) - and out of my 6 attacks I chained, most of which are stabs/CC, only 2 landed. The rest were resisted.

(I started with the stealth breaker, which was resisted, then moved down through Shiv, Backstab, and then couldn't even use my Eviscerate because I couldn't stun the dude).

Edited by lentWolf

People think this game has the same ideas for tanks as wow...its sad :(. Do some research. It's not physical dmg. But they have a rather large health pool is what I was getting at. So by the time our stuns wear off, they can usually reverse the fight if they are any good because every op knows that the class is squishy as hell.