No more farming Talz taskmaster on Hoth?

JidiJedi

There seems to be an anti-farming mechanic for all Champions, but the workaround is actually quite easy; kill and loot something else inbetween spawns. It passes the time and gives you some extra credits anyway. It doesn't have to be many or even Strong+ enemies, a handful lootings does the trick in my experience.

I've been getting nothing or a green from champions no matter what lately. Even if I just logged in and happened to spot one and kill it.

From the 1.4 Pacth Notes: "Several common NPC Boss encounters have had their loot adjusted to be more in line with their rarity"

Basically all loot drops for common champion mobs were nerfed heavily. Other than the patch note no real explanation was given. At the time the thinking was that maybe it had something to do with the Cartel Market and F2P launching in the next patch, but this has never been confirmed.

Yeah, they pretty much all but admitted champion loot was nerfed due to F2P, they even nerfed chest loot, chest spawn rates, and completely removed some chest spawns for the same reason.

They also seem to have stealth-nerfed the rate at which augmentation schematics and crew skills missions spawn from Slicing.

For further ridiculousness - they completely nerfed all champions on Dromund Kass period, you get nothing from them but sometimes a green item or credits (and this has been tested over hundreds of kills).

The way I used to do it was Kill Bacha x3, then drive down to the H2 area with the elite and champ there then just keep looping so it resets the loot drop without having to log.. but ive noticed the past month or 2 loot wise is almost none existent, in the past I would get a bucket load of oranges and the occasional rare goods, now your lucky to get an orange full stop...

Example: Back in early October time I farmed the areas for 5 hours straight.. got x6 RD-17A Hellfire helmets x3 TT-15A chest pieces (red and black), x1 Supreme Inquisitors Robe and x1 Supreme Inquisitors boots (all of which on my server goes for alot too)

3 Weeks ago: I farmed the same way as before but only 4 hours this time and I only got ONE orange drop.. and that was just the standard Merceneary chest piece, the rest was just greens and blues that were just pointless....Ive noticed this with other planets champs etc and their drop rates..

While I agree that some things may have needed a slight nerf in their loot drops it shouldn't have been taken this far. It is ridiculous that only 1-2 npcs drop certain items that a lot of people want in the first place, but then to drop the chances of said loot down to nearly nothing is unfair to those that are willing to sit there for days and hours to get the piece they are after only to come up with nothing but a pile of useless greens.

Could also be the randomness as well. Just like reverse engineering an item has a 20% chance of dropping a schematic; Sometimes you get a whole string of new schematics right away- other times you can RE one type item- deplete your stocks multiple times, and still not get the schematic.

Used to be the Champion Bounty hunter on the far west side of Republic Balmorra gave me some lucrative drops. Now its only cash and maybe a medpack. Nerf, anti-farm mech, bad luck- combination of all those.