Well I'm not guarding any nodes in PvP anymore, lol

BocaProwler

Perhaps I just wearing rose colored glasses today, but the whining on the forums in general seems to be off the charts on a patch that isn't even 2 hours old yet. I don't remember it being this bad on previous patches, but again rose colored glasses and all.

"Worst. Patch. Ever. Rest assured I was on the internet within minutes, registering my disgust thought the world."

Edited by Ridickilis

Perhaps I just wearing rose colored glasses today, but the whining on the forums in general seems to be off the charts on a patch that isn't even 2 hours old yet. I don't remember it being this bad on previous patches, but again rose colored glasses and all.

"Worst. Patch. Ever. Rest assured I was on the internet within minutes, registering my disgust thought the world."

All it take is a few warzones to figure out that the same people that had a hard time taking you down yesterday are taking you down in a few seconds. It's not a L2P issue or I would of had these issues yesterday, last week, 2 years ago.

They got a huge buff, OPs and Scoundrels on the teams I've been are know that, they are talking about it.

So unless you are fully tanked spec'd don't bother guarding. When your guard calls for help, get there immediately.

All it take is a few warzones to figure out that the same people that had a hard time taking you down yesterday are taking you down in a few seconds. It's not a L2P issue or I would of had these issues yesterday, last week, 2 years ago.

They got a huge buff, OPs and Scoundrels on the teams I've been are know that, they are talking about it.

So unless you are fully tanked spec'd don't bother guarding. When your guard calls for help, get there immediately.

+1 very true...

By the way, I am not talking about every Scoundrel and every Operative. I am talking about the good ones, the elite ones. They can take down a good and elite opposing player down real quick. Whether or not I think of myself as elite, I've seen them do it do players that are elite on my server. I've seen them take people down in 3-4 seconds, real quick. They were not doing that yesterday.

Sorry, that was a trollish post from me and it wasn't specifically aimed at you. Yours was just one of many and this happened to be the last one I read.

Yes, it's always been better if a tank or stealth class (preferably a stealth tank) guard off nodes, even before the patch. Could I do it on a non stealth/tank, sure, but I still always got the sweaty palms just standing there waiting to get opened up on. I'll try it again tonight on a less than optimal node guarding class and do what I usually do; scream like a girl in ops chat as soon as I get dropped then kite as though my life depended on it until help arrives. That generally works against one while mixing in slows, mezzes and/or stuns.

I'm not even in the game yet to comment on the patch but realistically how much shorter did it make the TTK? By one global, 2?

Edited by Ridickilis

Look at the bright side! :p

On my shadow I'll start saying: "let the new stealther king waste his life guarding nodes while the others have fun. I will be now one of them!"

Sorry, that was a trollish post from me and it wasn't specifically aimed at you. Yours was just one of many and this happened to be the last one I read.

Yes, it's always been better if a tank or stealth class (preferably a stealth tank) guard off nodes, even before the patch. Could I do it on a non stealth/tank, sure, but I still always got the sweaty palms just standing there waiting to get opened up on. I'll try it again tonight on a less than optimal node guarding class and do what I usually do; scream like a girl in ops chat as soon as I get dropped then kite as though my life depended on it until help arrives. That generally always works against one while mixing in slows, mezzes and/or stuns.

I'm not even in the game yet to comment on the patch but realistically how much shorter did it make the TTK? By one global, 2?

I agree with you, it is always better for a tank (best stealth tank) to guard, but realistically there isn't one in 95% of the warzones I am in, and when they are there, they usually guard their healer friend. Regardless I have always ended up guarding because I was good at it, as good as a non stealth dps class can be (PT).

In the past, some of the elite OPS/Scoundrels have given me fits, but when I've lost those 1 on ones, I have been able to live long enough for backup to be on the way. Can't do that anymore, I cannot count on living long enough for someone else to get there in time to stop a cap.

First time I ran into this today, I waited for full resolve before using my break root, I was dead just after activating my unroot. The second time I went ahead and broke root right away, used a wz adrenal and medpack, then I was stunned again, dead before I came out of the stun. I lived a few seconds, could not run away, could not prolong my death. I did have enough time to type snow though.

This is so different from yesterday. Those DPS operatives and their execute ability.....

"Execute range" = the target indeed survives an handful of GCDs but he's on residual health and basically useless. (Edit: to explain even further: useless as anybody who sneezes nearby or has a spare execute off CD will unceremoniously finish him off as mere target of opportunity).

Gotta explain everything these days :rak_02:

Edited by Vaerah

Perhaps I just wearing rose colored glasses today, but the whining on the forums in general seems to be off the charts on a patch that isn't even 2 hours old yet.

It is a time honored tradition that the official game forums are dominated by ceaseless complaining and whining.

Go go Redit /r/swtor/ if you can a better environment.

"Execute range" = the target indeed survives an handful of GCDs but he's on residual health and basically useless. (Edit: to explain even further: useless as anybody who sneezes nearby or has a spare execute off CD will unceremoniously finish him off as mere target of opportunity).

Gotta explain everything these days :rak_02:

Think you need to make sense on why that is any different than now other than just another class can do it, who actually does not have an execute. You are obviously upset about something other than concealments/scrapper but feel inclined to whine about them due to your own class not getting what you'd like.

or maybe it IS just a l2p issue because untill now you've been fighting an underpowered class?

even with those changes their dps is at Best on par with that of a dmg specced-assassin.

Edited by iDerrien

By the way, I am not talking about every Scoundrel and every Operative. I am talking about the good ones, the elite ones. They can take down a good and elite opposing player down real quick. Whether or not I think of myself as elite, I've seen them do it do players that are elite on my server. I've seen them take people down in 3-4 seconds, real quick. They were not doing that yesterday.

I was doing that yesterday .. no problems ..

And I bet most know why after 2.6

Depends on your Class and AC really. The only class that could potentially have some serious difficulty node-guarding are Focus/Smashers, and tbh, they shouldn't be guarding anyway.

Yes, it's always been better if a tank or stealth class (preferably a stealth tank) guard off nodes, even before the patch.

Ideally, those are the specs that should be guarding. It's unfortunate that node-guarding in this game is so dull. Players don't want to perform their roles in matches, and frankly, I don't blame them. Poor game design.

No developers with half a brain cell would give a Stealth class this much damage AND let them keep their CC.

Simple as that. If they had removed some of their CC/escape sure, give them more damage, but like this...

But then again the developers have proven time and time again they don`t play their game... and they don`t even understand how PvP in MMO`s even works.

You will now see a lot of people getting killed during the stun... they won`t find the game fun anymore and most likely quit. There was no reason to do this, there were players winning every 1v1 with an operative scoundrel, now they just obliterate the enemy.

I pretty much always debunk posts like these, because I would tend to think logically a development team, plus the testers would have a much more informed view than someone who's just logged in and got smoked. But the damage buff is huge. And hes not whining about wanting to quit, or that kind of garbage. He's just saying there's no room for less than a heavily armored class to solo guard a node. You're dead basically a second or two after you say "SONW HLPE".

That said, they are now high value targets, and they will have little choice but to find those stragglers to pick off or risk being focused down immediately. Just like any player that makes a name for him or herself in WZ's, they now have a sign on their back.