Unofficial RP Super-Servers

Ganden

Greetings folks,

Ganden here from SWTOR-RP. If you haven't heard of us, be sure to check us out. We serve as a roleplaying hub for players of The Old Republic, and recently, we coordinated with roleplayers to decide on RP super-servers for both the US and EU.

Be sure to check out this press release.

The NA RP-PvP Server Coordination thread

I can confirm that following:

• Lord Adraas - US RP-PvE super-server
  • The Progenitor - EU RP-PvE super-server
  • Jung-Ma - US RP-PvP super-server
  • Lord Calypho - EU RP-PvP super-server (in fact, the only EU RP-PvP server :confused:)

Please note the following:

Despite these selections, roleplayers should be aware that SWTOR-RP supports roleplay on all RP servers. We will not be focusing our work on only the super-servers, and we have every intention on working with every other RP server in The Old Republic. When the full server lists are announced, stay tuned at SWTOR-RP for updates on how we intend to support each and every server. Our in-character reporting also intends to cover as many RP servers as possible. So don't fret. SWTOR-RP is your SWTOR roleplaying hub – not merely a super-server hub.

As the title states, these are unofficial. Whether or not you choose to join these servers is completely up to you. You will be able to find much support from both the player base and SWTOR-RP no matter what server you decide to play on.

Enjoy!

RP Chat channels

Lord Adraas chat channels (IC):

• For the Republic, join RepublicNET
  • For the Empire, join the ImperialNET

Here is the story behind the comm channels:

Tensions grow between the Republic and Sith Empire. Individuals from both factions struggle to maintain an upper hand in an endless struggle. A call for support and coordination has been called for by both factions, with reinforcements beginning to wear thin. Both the Republic and Sith Empire have created encrypted comm channels to allow members from their own factions to communicate with one-another. These channels have been used to bring faction members together through collaboration. Loyal members of the Republic have joined the RepublicNET, and those from the Empire have checked in to the ImperialNET. Security was made of the utmost importance. The SIS continues to maintain the RepublicNET, whilst Imperial Intelligence monitors traffic on the ImperialNET.

Morale on both sides has begun to flourish.

Lord Adraas chat channels (OOC):

• SWTORRP (For both Republic and Empire)
  • RP (For both Republic and Empire)

The Progenitor chat channels:

• RPEmpire
  • RPrepublic
  • Holonet - The in-character channel for both Republic and Empire
  • RP

Questions

I'm not sure i get the whole super-server thing. Could you elaborate?

It is the idea of a mass RP server. Rather that having everyone scatter across multiple RP servers, we coordinated to try and get everyone into the one place. Some haven't tagged along, and that is fine, but we hoped to create one main RP server for all :)

This post is subject to editing. I'll try and make it as clear as possible for all!

Edited by Ganden

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure i get the whole super-server thing. Could you elaborate?

It is the idea of a mass RP server. Rather that having everyone scatter across multiple RP servers, we coordinated to try and get everyone into the one place. Some haven't tagged along, and that is fine, but we hoped to create one main RP server for all :)

Thanks for posting this Ganden! Great work as always. And welcome to all those wanting to join on the Super Server initiatives from both the US and the EU. I myself will primarily be on The Progenitor with my Guild, The Guardians of Eclipse.

I look forward to Roleplaying alongside some fantastic people and enjoying the RP community as a whole. Feel free to hit me up in game.

Kyte

The guild I joined and myself will be on the

The ORDER

US West Server

Vrook Lamar

RP-PVE

Look us up and join us in RP sometime.. I'm personally a Heavy Role-Player so I am near always IC (In Character)

Hope to see you guys there ..

pssssst

make my Server a Super-server.

I'm very excited about setting up shop on Lord Adraas, based on the community I've gotten to know over at SWTOR-RP and friends who are migrating there from other games. It's looking to be a truly awesome assemblage of role-players.

As I'm not in the early pre-order crew, I'll just have to wait outside in the cold, face pressed up the window and making sad "please let me in" faces until I get to join you all. :D

The thing that hurt RP on WOW was the creation of a "super-server" with Moon Guard. I'd strongly advise against repeating that mistake.

I am curious about what the downside is, this is an honest question not a challenge to your statement. Things like this fascinate me.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the principal of Super-Servers, especially at this stage of the game, where populations will be fairly equal in distribution between all of the RP servers available.

I would say that population will be a bigger issue in The Old Republic than in other games, due to instanced environmental zones and the size / separated nature of planets.

That as always, is just an opinion.

I am curious about what the downside is, this is an honest question not a challenge to your statement. Things like this fascinate me.

Sorry for my slow response, I'm editing something.

In short, it seems like a great idea at first, but when you have a Super-anything you magnify not only the good parts, but the bad. So yes, you will have a lot of people there, but you'll also have larger cliques, larger pools of trolls, and larger groups of griefers.

You'll end up draining the life out of smaller servers and ultimately creating a place with many two large ones, and the other ones being bone dry. Does that really sound like a fun situation for anyone?

I thrived on Moon Guard, don't get me wrong, but my fondest memories were on Kirin Tor.

You'll end up draining the life out of smaller servers and ultimately creating a place with many two large ones, and the other ones being bone dry.

As I said, I don't feel this will be as much of a significant issue this early in the games lifecycle where servers are all highly concentrated, if they choose to go ahead with their plan: Whichever server they eventually decide on.

I do agree with the rest of your points though.

Edited by Surberus