yoda and mace vs count dooku and sideous

brutall

All in their prime?

Sidious. Count Dooku isn't even a factor here.

I'm not sure. If Yoda manages to take Count Dooku out quickly, and then both of them face Sidious, I think they could win. Sidious did have a hard time against Windu and he did have a hard time against Yoda.

I'm not sure. If Yoda manages to take Count Dooku out quickly, and then both of them face Sidious, I think they could win. Sidious did have a hard time against Windu and he did have a hard time against Yoda.

This is Sidious in his prime though...which means his younger body, which means he was ridiculiously more powerful then he was in his old frail body.

Depends, is RotS Sidious more powerful, less powerful or as powerful as RotJ Sidious?

The Reborn Emperor is insanely powerful. While Yoda could keep up with ROTS Emperor, the only equal the Reborn Emperor has is Luke Skywalker (and the Ones and Abeloth). The Reborn Emperor is far more powerful than ROTS Sidious.

He did defeat Luke Skywalker after all.

Sidious did have a hard time against Windu .

Not sure if serious.Isn't it common knowledge that Sidious would have taken out Mace Windu in 2 seconds if he wished,if he didn't plant to use him to turn Anakin to the dark side,cus he felt he was comming.

In the end if Anakin didn't cut his hand of and let Windu strike a blow,Sidious would have destroyed them both with a slip of fingers.

Edited by Kaedusz

Not sure if serious.Isn't it common knowledge that Sidious would have taken out Mace Windu in 2 seconds if he wished,if he didn't plant to use him to turn Anakin to the dark side,cus he felt he was comming.

In the end if Anakin didn't cut his hand of and let Windu strike a blow,Sidious would have destroyed them both with a slip of fingers.

No, this is not common knowledge. It is more commonly accepted that Windu did infact beat Sidious in that battle, although the credibility of that argument is disputed. I'm of the opinion thought that Sidious did allow himself to be defeated, so he could look weak in front of Anakin.

No, this is not common knowledge. It is more commonly accepted that Windu did infact beat Sidious in that battle, although the credibility of that argument is disputed. I'm of the opinion thought that Sidious did allow himself to be defeated, so he could look weak in front of Anakin.

You're only partially correct. It is stated by George Lucas that Mace Windu won the duel. However, had Sidious used his power in The Force, he would have won. So one can say he was holding back, but would only be partially correct.

It goes like this:

Mace Windu's dueling skills> Sidious' dueling skills

Sidious' strength in The Force> Mace Windu's strength in The Force

Sidious> Mace Windu in an all out battle

You're only partially correct. It is stated by George Lucas that Mace Windu won the duel. However, had Sidious used his power in The Force, he would have won. So one can say he was holding back, but would only be partially correct.

It goes like this:

Mace Windu's dueling skills> Sidious' dueling skills

Sidious' strength in The Force> Mace Windu's strength in The Force

Sidious> Mace Windu in an all out battle

Actually Sidious and Windu were at an impass, Windu only won because he exploited a fear which wasn't even there(it was coming from Anakin who was on his way in.)

Vaapad made him an open channel, half of a superconducting loop completed by the shadow; they became a standing wave of battle that expanded into every cubic centimeter of the Chancellor's office. There was no scrap of carpet nor shred of chair that might not at any second disintegrate in flares of red or purple; lampstands became brief shields, sliced into segments that whirled through the air; couches became terrain to be climbed for advantage or overleapt in retreat. But there was still only the cycle of power, the endless loop, no wound taken on either side, not even the possibility of fatigue.

Impasse.

--Taken from Revenge of the Sith

He could feel the end of this battle approaching, and so could the blur of Sith he faced; in the Force, the shadow had become a pulsar of fear. Easily, almost effortlessly, he turned the shadow's fear into a weapon: he angled the battle to bring them both out onto the window ledge. Out in the wind. Out with the lightning. Out on a rain-slicked ledge above a half-kilometer drop. Out where the shadow's fear made it hesitate. Out where the shadow's fear turned some of its Force-powered speed into a Force-powered grip on the slippery permacrete.

"For all your power, you are no Jedi. All you are, my lord," Mace said evenly, staring past his blade, "is under arrest."

"Do you see, Anakin? Do you?" Palpatine's voice once again had the broken cadence of a frightened old man's. "Didn't I warn you of the Jedi and their treason?"

"Save your twisted words, my lord. There are no politicians here. The Sith will never regain control of the Republic. It's over. You've lost." Mace leveled his blade. "You lost for the same reason the Sith always lose: defeated by your own fear."

Palpatine lifted his head. His eyes smoked with hate. "Fool," he said. He lifted his arms, his robes of office spreading wide into raptor's wings, his hands hooking into talons.

"Fool!" His voice was a shout of thunder. "Do you think the fear you feel is mine?"

He felt Anakin's leap from the office floor to the ledge, felt his approach behind—And Palpatine was not afraid. Mace could feel it: he wasn't worried at all.
Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Actually Sidious and Windu were at an impass, Windu only won because he exploited a fear which wasn't even there(it was coming from Anakin who was on his way in.)

Huh. Well it has been a long time since I read the novel. Really, the only part I remember now is the Yoda vs. Sidious battle. I probably should read it again.

I'd say Yoda and Mace Windu would win easily.

Yoda could easily take down Dooku they were on totally different levels.

If Mace can fight off Sideous long enough for Yoda to take down Dooku and enter the fray, then Sideous is a dead man.

Sideous can take on Yoda in one on one, he can top Mace in the force theoretically (though in a saber duel Mace is slightly better than Sideous); but I don't think Sideous can take on BOTH Yoda AND Mace Windu at the same time.

Yoda and Mace Windu ganging up on Sideous would completely overwhelm the Sith Lord, Sideous could outpower Yoda but it wasn't by an overwhelmingly huge factor, Mace could out duel Sideous but Sideous had the edge in the power of the force. If you combo up both Yoda and Mace Windu, Sideous would be facing two opponents that he definately had to take seriously or he'd get killed, and they'd be attacking Sideous at the same time, the Sith Lord has his limits.