Finally... Some real suspense !

Darth__Carnal

Because of the nature of Star Wars, and us knowing the events that take place in Revenge of the Sith. I feel like it is difficult to build intensity and drama in this series, because we all know how it ends.

Even in the Darth Maul vs Sidious fight, I was just waiting for the inevitable.

However, this Ahsoka arc, is finally bringing in that tension ! The fact that so many people are guessing "at who done it" means we are finally in uncharted waters where anything can happen to Ahsoka !

Nobody knows the outcome and I love it ! Enjoy this arc while it lasts, one of the few times in Star Wars history where anything, can go anywhere !!

With that said, I wish the little Togruta all the best ! She has definitely come a long way !

Edited by Darth__Carnal

I completely agree, not only has Ashoka gone a long way, but TCW has gone a long way. It's so exciting watching a series like this develop, and just get better and better in every respect. I really can't wait to find out 'who dun it' and see how this arc ends. The fate of Ashoka Tano hangs in the balance!

Query: In yours and everyones opinion, which is the better episode - The Lawless or The Jedi Who Knew Too Much? Both are excellent episodes and IMO the creme de la creme of TCW.

I completely agree, not only has Ashoka gone a long way, but TCW has gone a long way. It's so exciting watching a series like this develop, and just get better and better in every respect. I really can't wait to find out 'who dun it' and see how this arc ends. The fate of Ashoka Tano hangs in the balance!

Query: In yours and everyones opinion, which is the better episode - The Lawless or The Jedi Who Knew Too Much? Both are excellent episodes and IMO the creme de la creme of TCW.

Both are amazing, I really like both Ahsoka and Savage as characters.

With Lawless, I knew Savages days were numbered when Sidious showed up. I spent the majority of the episode preparing myself for the inevitable, so I couldn't really enjoy the episode as much because I knew the ending.

The fact that Sidious was so OP, and my understanding of "the rule of two" painted the picture that the whole episode was only going to go down one way, and that way was not going to be pretty for Savage.

With The Jedi that Knew Too Much, I enjoyed the episode a lot more, partially because I was shocked at how quickly things did a 180.

During the first 10 minutes of the episode our golden girl could do no wrong. Typical Ahsoka fanfare that usually makes me say, "Make her a freaking Jedi Knight already !"

The last 10 minutes of the episode, and 5 seasons of heroic action worthy of being recorded in the Jedi Archives were flushed down the toilet. Ahsoka's official career as a Jedi is pretty much over, and I am left shocked at how quickly fate can change directions.

The good news is, that Ahsoka has been left so paranoid that she can smell Order 66 a thousand light years away, she will not be taken by surprise and killed the way other Jedi are killed in Order 66. So that is a major plus. Also seeing how she handled herself with the clones, my guess is, if she can survive Ventress, she will have what it takes to survive Episode 3 and the Dark Times.

So while it does suck that Ahsoka is out of a job, she shouldnt be too sad, all Jedi will be out of a job soon enough. :p

Edited by Darth__Carnal

Eh, my feelings for the existence of Ahsoka are pretty blaise.

One of the turning points in Anakin's fall to the dark side is his sense of insult from the Jedi Council that they'll let him sit on the council, but he has to keep the title of Knight. Now, out of nowhere, he's had a padawan?

The level of maturity and responsibility that would carry with it completely does not match up with his character growth between Episodes II and III. Many parts of the clone wars series sort of feel like this. It's unfortunately clear that it's all being thought up AFTER Episode III was written, so while it's a good story, it doesn't entirely jive with the rest of canon.

Eh, my feelings for the existence of Ahsoka are pretty blaise.

One of the turning points in Anakin's fall to the dark side is his sense of insult from the Jedi Council that they'll let him sit on the council, but he has to keep the title of Knight. Now, out of nowhere, he's had a padawan?

The level of maturity and responsibility that would carry with it completely does not match up with his character growth between Episodes II and III. Many parts of the clone wars series sort of feel like this. It's unfortunately clear that it's all being thought up AFTER Episode III was written, so while it's a good story, it doesn't entirely jive with the rest of canon.

Well in Episode II Anakin is still a padawan, and in Episode III he seems to have matured a little. Nonetheless, I see few difference between Anakin Episode III and Anakin TCW, other than the fact that Anakin says Jedi mantra stuff from time to time, but I can imagine Episode III Anakin doing the same thing (sort did that when Sidious ordered him to kill Dooku.)

Maybe the Council felt that giving him a Padawan would induce a sense of maturity and responsibility in him and make him a better Jedi.

EDIT: In fact, if I remember correctly, that's exactly why Ashoka was assigned as Anakin's Padawan - to teach Anakin a greater sense of responsibility and teach him to let go of attachments.

Edited by Beniboybling

In fact, if I remember correctly, that's exactly why Ashoka was assigned as Anakin's Padawan - to teach Anakin a greater sense of responsibility and teach him to let go of attachments.[/color]

You are correct.

In addition, the reason why he was allowed to sit on the Council is because Palpatine requested it, nothing more. While Anakin has increased in maturity he still is a lose cannon that the Jedi Council don't want to deal with.

Look how much Obiwan and Anakin clash on ideas, the Jedi Council don't want to be dealing with Anakin on that level. To be made a Jedi Master, would infer that Anakin would be allowed to debate and argue with Yoda as an equal.

Yoda aint putting up with that...

That's sort of exactly my point. The purpose of assigning him a padawan failed entirely. He's no more responsible or capable of making decisions without being emotionally entangled (as with Padme).

If anything, it bodes ill for Ahsoka's training at his hands. When Obi-Wan was assigned to mentor Anakin, it was because Yoda felt that Obi-Wan had matured enough to not only merit the rank of Knight, but to take on the responsibility of training a padawan. You're supposed to have the maturity required before you take on the task of training a padawan, not kinda sorta maybe learn it on the fly (hopefully) while actually training one.

That's sort of exactly my point. The purpose of assigning him a padawan failed entirely. He's no more responsible or capable of making decisions without being emotionally entangled (as with Padme).

If anything, it bodes ill for Ahsoka's training at his hands. When Obi-Wan was assigned to mentor Anakin, it was because Yoda felt that Obi-Wan had matured enough to not only merit the rank of Knight, but to take on the responsibility of training a padawan. You're supposed to have the maturity required before you take on the task of training a padawan, not kinda sorta maybe learn it on the fly (hopefully) while actually training one.

Well the Jedi Council can't predict the future all the time. In hindsight maybe it was a bad idea, but nevertheless it still fits well with what we see in Episode II and III that Anakin would be assigned a Padawan - in an attempt to deal with those problems. Unfortunately it only escalated them, which perhaps better explains why Anakin becomes so hostile to the Jed and the Council in Episode III and so easily accepting of the dark side.

However that doesn't mean it was a bad idea, we see Anakin becoming a lot more mature through the course of TCW, but I think it is these events - the loss of his Padawan - that leads to the Anakin we see in Episode III, mistrustful and angry.

If anything it makes the transition between Episode II and III make more sense. At least that's how I see it.

P.S. As far as we are aware, the Jedi Council don't know about his attachment to Padme. So they wouldn't know to tackle that problem.

I must say, Ahsoka is a great smoke screen for Padme.

Because they see Anakin emotionally attached to Ahsoka, it does a great job of hiding the fact that he has ties to Padme. So effectively their relationship flies under the radar as the problems with Ahsoka increase.

Sadly though, Anakin seems to be nothing, but drama. If everything was brought to the surface at the same time, I can see Obi Wan sinking into his chair in the Jedi Council Chamber and doing a / facepalm.

WINDU: So Skywalker, let me get this straight... You murdered sand people, tortured poggle, trained a Padawan to ignore every rule in the Jedi Code and run off, and you been talking ***** about us to the Chancellor. Is there anything else you would like to bring to our attention ? or did I pretty much cover it ?

ANAKIN: Um.. I got a Senator pregnant.

WINDU: *Looks at Obi Wan*

OBIWAN: *Initiate face palm*

ANAKIN: So you going to make me a master ? or... no ?

Edited by Darth__Carnal

Hahaha, yeah that would be a great scene. It just bugs me to have all this ret-conned. Surely sometime in Ep. III SOMEONE would have said something along the way like "Hey, Anakin, I know you're really torn up about your padawan, but you need to focus on the bigger picture." It's just a very significant plot change to have enacted retroactively.

Also, it's a big mark against the supposed wisdom of the Jedi Council. Let's give the emotionally unstable, rebellious guy with anger issues a padawan. I'm sure he'll just rise to the challenge and mature into a great mentor... you know, out of the blue. Somehow.

Palpatine must have been clouding more than their precog...