EricMusco

Feedback 9th of September

I don't really have much feedback left to give (everyone else pretty much explained/told it already),

but there is one thing that I'd love to see changed.

The markers on the ground:

• There have been markers placed all around the map, showing which way to run to. However they don't switch < > on who's having the ball.
    For example in Quesh Huttball, the little arrows at the ramp change from < to > depending on who's side has the ball.
    Perhaps add that also in this map? (I know the minimap also has little arrows, but having them also displaying in the envoirment would be nice too.)
    Video: https://clips.twitch.tv/AlertAbrasiveOxMcaT

Hmm. My first reaction to this was that I agree. And after some reviewing of videos of today's matches, I still agree - but not really strongly. I think it would be better if all the ground-arrows switched based on which side had the ball. And I think it can be pretty confusing with the arrows pointing both ways, and "wait, which color am I again", etc. I know I ran the wrong way a few times. :o

But on the other hand, after you pointed out the arrows on the mini map I went back and looked for them, and then kicked myself. "Oh, why didn't I notice those!?" Stupid me. :D But I think we'll figure it out. As I said in an earlier post, yes this map is pretty complicated for a new person - but so was OPG. Heck, even the original HB, I know that new people express a "which way is up here" kind of experience with that one still. I also had to go run the live game, and got lucky and get an original HB right away, to convince myself that that one doesn't have any arrows. Just the big purple & yellow walls behind the goals.

So, yeah, I think that having the arrows switch would be nice. By in my opinion, it's not critical.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoepsy :X i might have been guilty to that one:rolleyes::rolleyes::o He (Mr Snave) holo'd to me on that ramp to score :)

Well, it was me that jynx'd us by commenting in chat. :p

Come to think of it... any operative care to reveal how many different places you can roll from to get to the goal area? It was probably my imagination, but I swear there was at least a couple that I saw Snave make it from. One I thought "how'd he make it from there!?", which was on the sorta "lower" ramp, just out side the two stun traps that are close together, and lead through the central poison trap path to the goal. I don't know if my ascii art will work, but where the "#"s are the stun traps, and the "P" is the poison trap. And X is where I thought he lauched from. The "-----" being the ledge right before the score.

-------------
        ||
        P
        ||
=X#=  =#=

Okay, so my feelings about the Vanadin Huttball map.

1. I love it!

2. It looks amazing there is so much to look at and enjoy

3. I like that it has different traps and such to keep you guessing

4. The arrows don't change for whichever side has the ball. Would appreciate it if they changed similar to Queshball.

5. Force Stun for Consulars does not work. I do not know if it is the same for Inquisitors.

6. I did not see where you are supposed to use the Grappling device. In Queshball its a bit more in your face as to where you are supposed to grapple.

7. For the healing Medal change it back to the Standard 5k and 10k format as we have in the regular warzones. I noticed it was for 9k

8. There seems to be a strong bit of lag as well. I have talked to other members that were in the match as me and they sais they had bad lag at the same time as me. Don't know if that is a major part or not but wanted to put this here.

Thank you for asking for feedback! Love the fact that you have opened it up to let us try it out before it goes live!

Today's (Sunday) playtest only confirmed my opinion from yesterday; a couple things to add:

The constant desync makes this map very frustrating. It is not an issue with the map, it's an issue with the engine so nothing you can fix right now. But please prioritize it so it will get fixed soon.

To clarify: When I mean desync, I'm talking about players randomly disappearing, and then a few seconds later they appear somewhere else. It always happens when players quickly change their elevation (Z position), e.g. by running up a ramp using some kind of speed boost (Sorc's Force Speed or operative rool or Jugger leap). It is very noticeable in this map because the traps are not the same height as the walkways but roughly 0.2 meter higher, so players will often disappear when traversing over those traps. (Thanks to Snave for pointing this out)

Another issue is that Holotraverse or Phantom Stride is rarely working, especially if the targeted player is moving or jumping. You can't balance classes if one of their abilities is broken, so please ensure that is fixed as well.

On your livestream, Musco mentioned that the engineers are always looking at it and if we find something, we should send it in. I'd love to help out but without debugging or other perf tracing tools, there is not much we players can do.

There were a couple matches that ended with a low score like 1:2. In those matches, instead of helping the ball carrier, most players would keep fighting in the middle.

This made it very difficult to score points. With the shorter duration on Huttball and the slow effect, it is very unlikely to score solo. If you are stopped for longer than 5-10 seconds, you won't make it in time. While this is good (players should not score solo, they should be encouraged to pass the ball), it is frustrating when there's no one from your team nearby to pass to.

I imagine that on the live servers, it will be similar with many players not knowing what to do, so as the ball carrier you are left on your own and will end up getting killed or exploding somewhere close to the endzone.

Having knockbacks or pulls gives you a very strong advantage on this map. When you knock a player off a walkway, he is out of the game for a while.

Personally, I don't mind it too much; at this point nearly all class have some form of knockback, though it results in the meta of the map being more about knockbacks and less about actual fighting (DPSing, healing, tanking). I can see why some PvP players that prefer more of a zerg-style gameplay probably won't like this map.

Add Extra Jumping Pad?

It's an idea that popped into my mind, but when you have scored, you NEED to walk back via the acid traps route or go down. Why not also adding an extra (or change location of the excisting) jumping pads on those sides where you'll end up on the upper platform with?

Video: https://clips.twitch.tv/AnnoyingEmpathicCattleKappaClaus

I found the same issue; when you score (and don't die due to the acid trap afterwards), it is very punishing having to walk back to the center. This is not an issue in classic Huttball, where you can just walk up the center walkway and be in a great spot for receiving the huttball or running mid.

However, then I discovered the speed boosts down in the pit. They are slightly hidden inside a pillar but when you pick them up, you move so fast that you can quickly run back to the center. So I'd say there doesn't have to be another air vent or grappling hook to get back to the center; players just need to learn to pick up the speed boost.

That speed boost is also great when you manage to stop the enemy ball carrier shortly before your goal line. If you then pick up the speed boost, it completely negates the slow effect from the huttball, making it very easy to solo score.

Here are two examples from Snave's stream where he used the speed boost:

• In the first clip, he intercepted the ball and then ran all the way across the map and scored, with no chance for the enemy team to stop him.
  • In the second clip, he also got the ball and speed boost but then ran into the center, where the enemy team managed to stop and kill him. Maybe had he ran to the side walkway like in the first clip, he could have scored again.

So I'd say the speed boost is slightly OP, but I'd consider it one of the "hard to master" parts of this map that rewards experienced players and does not need to be nerfed.

At this point, I'm pretty sure that the central air vents are random and don't depend on where the ball carrier is standing. There are three positions where you can get knocked to but it is random which position you get. It would be nice if players could control it but it's not a big issue; some RNG makes the map more dynamic.

I wanted to pay more attention to the timing of the traps but I still don't have enough experience to comment on it. I'd say the current pattern of how the traps activate is fine. It is not broken to the point where it would have to be changed.

Today, I deliberately

, often followed by Gravity Grapple.

On my healer, I rarely need to use them - if I'm low on HP, I just heal myself up. But you can't do that on a DPS, so in the matches where I was specced to DPS, the medpacks helped out a lot.

Sometimes, instead of walking back over the catwalk, I'd jump down and use the Gravity Grapple to get back. If that's the intended use case, I guess Gravity Grapple serves its purpose. When you jump down yourself, you don't have to worry about desync so it works every time and you save like 1-2 seconds using it. But please fix the cannons so you can't run into the fins and then have to backtrack to get out.

However, the red damage buff is way too short. The Nar Shaddaa Huttball map may be the correct size for it, but on Vandin the distances are so big that by the team you reach an enemy player, the buff will have already fallen off. Please increase the duration of the red damage power-up to at least double or triple its length, then it will actually be worthwhile to get.

And I can confirm the reports that the Force Stun (4s stun) by Jedi Sages and Jedi Shadows is bugged. We tested all other stuns by Republic classes and they were fine but the Consular's Force Stun only does damage and no stun. Please make sure that this ability is fixed before the patch goes live.

Edited by Jerba

Also, if you are carrying the ball and die from falling off you should lose the ball (ball respawn at mid?), and if you get knocked off with the ball and grapple, you should be able to keep it? It would seem to make sense for it to work this way, but I was unable to test how the ball carrier mechanic worked with the grapple hook. Does anyone know what happens to the ball if you're knocked off with the ball in this particular PTS patch?

First of all, you can't use Gravity Grapple while carrying the ball, the ability stays grayed out and you get the error message "Cannot use while having ball".

Regarding your question, I tested it during last week's playtest and the ball would always reset to the center stand when falling down due to a knockback; it does not go to the enemy team.

On the topic of fall damage, I've wondered if there might be a bug with medals. The reason being that if you die to fall damage, the game treats it as if you killed yourself. For example, on my Scoundrel I always get an Upper Hand stack when dying to fall damage. (You get one UH stack for each kill) But from what I can tell, the medals are working correctly; I never got a kill medal when dying to fall damage but not sure.

I was not able to duplicate my center acid damage-lasts-forever problem from yesterday, so it must be an unlikely combination of factors [...] (although I hear it is a problem sporatically present in other parts of the game).

Yeah, I believe the same bug also occured in KotFE chapter 1 where players would constantly get fire damage even after they had long left the fire zone.

In the Vandin Huttball map, it looks like it is very unlikely to happen, so I suppose this is just another "feature" of the game and can't be fixed.

Come to think of it... any operative care to reveal how many different places you can roll from to get to the goal area? It was probably my imagination, but I swear there was at least a couple that I saw Snave make it from. One I thought "how'd he make it from there!?", which was on the sorta "lower" ramp, just out side the two stun traps that are close together, and lead through the central poison trap path to the goal. I don't know if my ascii art will work, but where the "#"s are the stun traps, and the "P" is the poison trap. And X is where I thought he lauched from. The "-----" being the ledge right before the score.

-------------
        ||
        P
        ||
=X#=  =#=

You should definitely watch the VOD from Snave's stream; he covers pretty much all the positions you can roll in this map. Here's a clip where he used the specific roll you are talking about. Inb4 the devs fix it and take away another great spot to roll from.

Edit: Nevermind, you are talking about the lower walkway. I don't remember seeing such a roll on stream; it may have been a desync issue where Snave was already at the poison trap when rolling, but on your screen he was further back.

Edited by Jerba

Damn did this make a difference especially removing those box stacks! The map looks much cleaner now. :) I like that the forcefields are the colour of the side they are on too.

Yeah... as others have already noted this wasn't working consistently. I was too tired to notice when it was or wasn't working though. But it seems others have noted that already. So all good.

This was a nice little change but doesn't seem to quite work right as Jerba noted.

Well, this is certainly an interesting addition and one that'll take some getting used to. As Jerba said it seems to be 3-4 different places on your 'defensive line' where you can land which can be either a good or bad thing. Effectively if you land in certain places, you're giving a leaper an easy leap to skip some of the traps. So use with caution defenders!

--

Not gonna lie I was pretty much in healing zombie mode and felt pretty useless (given that testing is at 3 am my time). I suspect it'll be the same for today's test. But either way, I guess at the very least, I'm a body to help make the queues pop even if I'm not completely functioning. Haha! :p

And Citrienne if I remember for today's test, I'll do a match on my Sage DPS and see if I have stun issues too. I don't recall having stun issues on my Sorc DPS. Edit: Oh looks like you've already done testing saw your most recent post.

And thank you, Musco, for coming on for Saturday's test even if it was only for half an hour. :)

--

I announced this in the matches we had today but just to reiterate here, I am doing a Vandin Huttball PTS Participation Giveaway! All you have to do is send me a screenshot of your character inside the Vandin Huttball Map (tweet me @Rach_Games or DM me on Discord Xam Xam#5102) to be entered in for the chance to win 30-day sub time & 450 CC! More details on my website - https://mmobits.com/2018/09/08/vandin-huttball-pts-participation-giveaway/ (You can use screenshots from the first weekend of testing too if you wish!)

So just add a couple of more things. I wasn't as sleepy for today's test so was a bit more alert.

Ground Arrows

The arrows seem to be working as intended after all. They're just there to show which side is which. I blame my extra sleepiness yesterday...

The coloured forcefield on each side is enough of a guide for me to know where I should be going so I probably won't pay much attention to the arrows.

Center Air Vents

Just to confirm, there seems to be four different locations where you can land from the central jump pads defensively. Although it seems to be more common to land in the middle spots rather than the sides (see my map below).

--

But anyway, I made a couple of rudimentary maps (for a guide I'm working on) to show various things and stuff. I'll do some prettier ones for launch if I have the time. Feedback is welcome of course. :)

Air Vent/Jump Pad Map - https://imgur.com/Fd9r00E

Walkway Map - https://imgur.com/3b6lwtg

Trap Map - https://imgur.com/QaKTGgk

Speaking of the Map if anyone happened to grab a screenshot of it from this weekends testing, I'd greatly appreciate a copy. I completely forgot to look and see if it had changed since they removed some clutter from the map.

Edit: Oh and I did a match (well half, I DCed) on my Sage DPS and can confirm as others have said that Force Stun does not work. The target takes damage from the stun but they're not stunned. So please look into this. :)

Edited by Pandoras_Jar

Will the match making system be adjusted or tweaked in 5.9.3?

From my perspective it’s not working as intended in the live game. It certainly isn’t taking into account gear or class roles (except healing/tank). Many examples of 4 stealth vs 4 ranged is stupid. (Not premades and were mixed teams).

It is also making 3v2 matches in reg arena when there are only 5 of us in the queue. It should only make 2v2 and leave the 3rd person out till the next match and rotate them through. (It would be a short wait for the next match)

If making pop times faster for everyone in the queue is the goal, this is having the opposite affect because its increasing pop times after constant 3v2 and makes people stop queuing.

Can you please elaborate more on how this match making is supposed to work so we can assertain if it really is working.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

You should definitely watch the VOD from Snave's stream; he covers pretty much all the positions you can roll in this map. Here's a clip where he used the specific roll you are talking about. Inb4 the devs fix it and take away another great spot to roll from.

Edit: Nevermind, you are talking about the lower walkway. I don't remember seeing such a roll on stream; it may have been a desync issue where Snave was already at the poison trap when rolling, but on your screen he was further back.

Thanks for the pointer and link.

Yeah, in that clip it looks like he's above and in front of where I was thinking. Also, judging by the testing in that clip, there's no way he made it from where I was indicating. It must have been some dsync. As others have pointed out, there's a lot of dsync on that map, and it was not uncommon to be following someone, and suddenly they are not there, and then 3 seconds later they pop back into view. Or even on an entirely different ramp than what it looked like on my screen.

To my original question though... wow, roll can take you a LONG ways over the air. So a good operative, basically you can't let them get near those final traps. Although, as a sin, I can force speed through that same trap and score before the poison gets me. I'll die for sure, but given that air launcher near spawn I can probably get back to mid just about as quick as if I remained alive and dropped down to take the speed boost. I noticed that the force field on the spawn door doesn't seem to stay up that long. I don't ever really remember being trapped waiting for it to open more than a couple seconds.

(Off-topic):

But anyway, I made a couple of rudimentary maps (for a guide I'm working on) to show various things and stuff. I'll do some prettier ones for launch if I have the time. Feedback is welcome of course. :)

Air Vent/Jump Pad Map - https://imgur.com/Fd9r00E

Walkway Map - https://imgur.com/3b6lwtg

Trap Map - https://imgur.com/QaKTGgk

Speaking of the Map if anyone happened to grab a screenshot of it from this weekends testing, I'd greatly appreciate a copy. I completely forgot to look and see if it had changed since they removed some clutter from the map.

Unfortunately, the devs did not update the in-game map for this patch; it still shows the old layout with the box stack instead of the forcefields. But that's normal with PTS, there's no point redoing the map for every small change. I'm sure that the map will be correct on the live servers. Until then, here's the map without player icons.

If you have kept the maps as a Photoshop file with all layers, it will be very little work to update them; you can just swap out the background when the correct map is released.

Anyway, thanks for creating the maps, and I'm looking forward to your guide.

Here are some suggestions:

In all maps, add a small icon at the center ball stand, and mark the two endzones. To avoid clutter, don't add a large colored box in the endzone but just a sideways text like a purple Rotworms and a gold Frogdogs (both in upper-case).

Regarding the Walkway map:

• Make the lines slightly wider, so 3px instead of 1px.
  • The exit ramp from the pit is in a slightly different color than the pit, and there is a gap between them, so it is not apparent that they belong together. Maybe use the same color for both and ensure that there is no gap.
  • In the legend at the bottom, the three types are too close together. It looks like the lines are separating the text, and are not meant to be the color for that text. So put more space between the types, and maybe change the lines into a square like on the other maps.

Regarding the Air Vent map:

• I'm pretty sure that the central air vents (marked as 2 in your map) only put you in three positions, so e.g. the northern air vent would put you in the northern and the two middle locations, but never in the southern location.
    So there are four landing positions but each air vent is only connected to three positions, and you can remove the line going to the opposite side.
    (By the way, you forgot to add the lines on the western side; you only connected the 2s on the eastern side)
  • You put some landing positions in the wrong spot. I marked the correct positions here. The northern/southern landings of 2 are not on the corner but slightly further toward the center, where I placed the green circles.
    The upper landing point of 2 varies depending on which air vent you take, I marked the correct landing points with yellow circles. If you take the northern air vent, you get put in the northern one of the two yellow circles, and vice-versa for the sourhern air vent. On the western side, you marked the landing point (2) in the wrong spot, it is further up the ramp (where the yellow circles are).
  • Right now, the map is confusing to look at. There is way too much going on and it is difficult to differentiate between air vent and landing position.
    My recommendation would be to turn the lines into arrows so you know which direction the air vents go. Also, the air vents and landing positions have nearly the same color; one should be much lighter/darker than the other.
  • Also, it might be better to use different colors for each air vent.
    So for each number, the air vent, the landing position and the arrow itself could all have the same color (or different shades of that color). For example, all 1s could different shades of pink, all 2s could be shades of green, all 3s could be shades of orange.
    That way, you can immediately see that there are three different types of air vents.

Also, how about adding another map with all the power-up locations (speed boost, med pack, damage boost)?

Edited by Jerba

Queue for warzones (right-click disabled?)

• Also a thing i'd love to mention/add is that you cannot queue for warzones anymore by right clicking the PvP icon on your minimap. I know a lot of people (including myself) right click it to solo queue, group queue or queue for ranked with it. It's a fast way to queue and many don't really like the fact that you have to left click it. drag your mouse to the middle and actually select (you can choose between 3 now) the type of warzone you want to play (regs, ranked or starfighter.)

Is there a way that this right-click option will be enabled back into the game?

Looks like this was ignored but I can confirm, it is stiill an issue as of the 2nd patch and was not fixed. Please ensure that this does not hit the live servers.

To give some background, there is a bug on the live servers right now where the context menu is missing the option to queue as group. Instead, you have the following options:

When solo:

• Queue Solo
  • Queue Solo Ranked

When in a group (even if not a full group but just 2-3 players):

• Queue Team Ranked

But at least you do get the context menu, even though it has the wrong options for groups.

On the PTS, there is no context menu opening when right-clicking on the PvP symbol. When inside a warzone or arena, you can still right-click to leave the match. But outside of warzones/arenas, nothing happens when right-clicking on the PvP icon.

On the topic of UI bugs, I hope the devs are reading the PTS Bug Reports forums as well. I reported a bug with the Activity Finder where the text is cut off, and it was not fixed with the 2nd patch. Please ensure that this bug is also fixed and won't hit the live servers.

Edited by Jerba

Recommendation:

To avoid being too similar to the other huttball maps, perhaps each huttball can spawn with a random buff or debuff to whom is carrying it.

And that prior to spawning it is announced what the buff or debuff is.

Buffs ideas:

Aura (15m range) attacking team gets 10% more damage

Incinerate - ball carrier emits aura that periodically damages enemy team, but also damages ball carrier (3% every 5 seconds)

Slow Freeze - ball carrier emits aura that slows enemy team movement by 3%

Hoppy - Ball carrier jump height increased by 50%

Speedy - Ball carrier movement speed increased by 20% (added on after movement speed is decreased)

Fortitude - Ball carrier is immune to pushes/knockbacks (movement speed reduced an additional 10%)

Debuffs ideas:

Aura (15m range) defending team gets 10% more damage

Hot Potato - ball must be tossed every 10 seconds or explodes, scoring with hot potato ball is worth 3 points.

Super Hot Potato - ball will randomly toss to another player (friend or foe) every 15 seconds, (15 seconds is reset if passed prior to being automatically passed)

Backpedal only - hahahahaha (can only move ball by walking backwards, Giradda the hutt provides additional time on the huttball timer, and a score is worth 3 points)

Other ideas for buffs and debuffs are welcomed.

From the bug reports forum:

The knock back associated with concussion charge was not working.

In the previous play test (August 31, and September 1) the knock back was working.

Video: https://gfycat.com/TintedGrimyIguanodon

[20:24:29.082] [@Fegrin] [@Fegrin] [] [Event {836045448945472}: EnterCombat {836045448945489}] (Tatooine)
[20:24:29.092] [@Fegrin] [@Fegrin] [sprint {810670782152704}] [RemoveEffect {836045448945478}: Sprint {810670782152704}] ()
[20:24:30.285] [sand People Bolter {797158815039488}:135000157614] [@Fegrin] [Ranged Attack {813449625993216}] [ApplyEffect {836045448945477}: Damage {836045448945501}] (0 -miss {836045448945502}) <1>
[color="DarkOrange"][20:24:30.490] [@Fegrin] [@Fegrin] [Concussion Charge {801264803774464}] [Event {836045448945472}: AbilityActivate {836045448945479}] ()[/color]
[20:24:30.683] [sand People Bolter {797158815039488}:135000157614] [@Fegrin] [Ranged Attack {813449625993216}] [ApplyEffect {836045448945477}: Damage {836045448945501}] (0 -miss {836045448945502}) <1>
[20:24:30.895] [@Fegrin] [@Fegrin] [Mastery Surge {4049084713271296}] [ApplyEffect {836045448945477}: Mastery Surge {4049084713271296}] ()
[20:24:30.896] [@Fegrin] [@Fegrin] [Power Surge {3871393326301184}] [ApplyEffect {836045448945477}: Power Surge {3871393326301184}] ()
[color="darkorange"][20:24:30.898] [@Fegrin] [sand People Razer {797163110006784}:135000157681] [Concussion Charge {801264803774464}] [ApplyEffect {836045448945477}: Damage {836045448945501}] (151 elemental {836045448940875}) <151>
[20:24:30.898] [@Fegrin] [sand People Bolter {797158815039488}:135000157614] [Concussion Charge {801264803774464}] [ApplyEffect {836045448945477}: Damage {836045448945501}] (164 elemental {836045448940875}) <164>
[20:24:30.898] [@Fegrin] [sand People Razer {797163110006784}:135000157647] [Concussion Charge {801264803774464}] [ApplyEffect {836045448945477}: Damage {836045448945501}] (164 elemental {836045448940875}) <164>[/color]
[20:24:31.799] [sand People Razer {797163110006784}:135000157681] [@Fegrin] [Ranged Attack {813449625993216}] [ApplyEffect {836045448945477}: Damage {836045448945501}] (75 energy {836045448940874}) <75>
[20:24:31.817] [sand People Razer {797163110006784}:135000157681] [@Fegrin] [Ranged Attack {813449625993216}] [ApplyEffect {836045448945477}: Damage {836045448945501}] (0 -miss {836045448945502}) <1>
[20:24:32.283] [sand People Razer {797163110006784}:135000157647] [@Fegrin] [Ranged Attack {813449625993216}] [ApplyEffect {836045448945477}: Damage {836045448945501}] (76 energy {836045448940874}) <76>
[20:24:32.300] [sand People Razer {797163110006784}:135000157647] [@Fegrin] [Ranged Attack {813449625993216}] [ApplyEffect {836045448945477}: Damage {836045448945501}] (72 energy {836045448940874}) <72>
[20:24:32.532] [sand People Bolter {797158815039488}:135000157614] [@Fegrin] [Ranged Attack {813449625993216}] [ApplyEffect {836045448945477}: Damage {836045448945501}] (69 energy {836045448940874}) <69>
[20:24:32.551] [sand People Bolter {797158815039488}:135000157614] [@Fegrin] [Ranged Attack {813449625993216}] [ApplyEffect {836045448945477}: Damage {836045448945501}] (0 -miss {836045448945502}) <1>
[20:24:32.770] [sand People Razer {797163110006784}:135000157647] [@Fegrin] [Ranged Attack {813449625993216}] [ApplyEffect {836045448945477}: Damage {836045448945501}] (72 energy {836045448940874}) <72>
[20:24:32.799] [sand People Razer {797163110006784}:135000157681] [@Fegrin] [Ranged Attack {813449625993216}] [ApplyEffect {836045448945477}: Damage {836045448945501}] (0 -dodge {836045448945505}) <1>
[20:24:33.501] [sand People Bolter {797158815039488}:135000157614] [@Fegrin] [Ranged Attack {813449625993216}] [ApplyEffect {836045448945477}: Damage {836045448945501}] (0 -dodge {836045448945505}) <1>
[20:24:35.081] [sand People Razer {797163110006784}:135000157681] [@Fegrin] [Full Auto {882547059851264}] [ApplyEffect {836045448945477}: Damage {836045448945501}] (114 energy {836045448940874}) <114>
[20:24:35.480] [sand People Razer {797163110006784}:135000157647] [@Fegrin] [Full Auto {882547059851264}] [ApplyEffect {836045448945477}: Damage {836045448945501}] (135 energy {836045448940874}) <135>

Please ensure that the Commando's Concussion Charge will be fixed, similar to the Consular's Force Stun, and that this bug won't reach the live servers.

Edited by Jerba

(Off-topic):

Unfortunately, the devs did not update the in-game map for this patch; it still shows the old layout with the box stack instead of the forcefields. But that's normal with PTS, there's no point redoing the map for every small change. I'm sure that the map will be correct on the live servers. Until then, here's the map without player icons.

If you have kept the maps as a Photoshop file with all layers, it will be very little work to update them; you can just swap out the background when the correct map is released.

Anyway, thanks for creating the maps, and I'm looking forward to your guide.

Here are some suggestions:

In all maps, add a small icon at the center ball stand, and mark the two endzones. To avoid clutter, don't add a large colored box in the endzone but just a sideways text like a purple Rotworms and a gold Frogdogs (both in upper-case).

Regarding the Walkway map:

• Make the lines slightly wider, so 3px instead of 1px.
  • The exit ramp from the pit is in a slightly different color than the pit, and there is a gap between them, so it is not apparent that they belong together. Maybe use the same color for both and ensure that there is no gap.
  • In the legend at the bottom, the three types are too close together. It looks like the lines are separating the text, and are not meant to be the color for that text. So put more space between the types, and maybe change the lines into a square like on the other maps.

Regarding the Air Vent map:

• I'm pretty sure that the central air vents (marked as 2 in your map) only put you in three positions, so e.g. the northern air vent would put you in the northern and the two middle locations, but never in the southern location.
    So there are four landing positions but each air vent is only connected to three positions, and you can remove the line going to the opposite side.
    (By the way, you forgot to add the lines on the western side; you only connected the 2s on the eastern side)
  • You put some landing positions in the wrong spot. I marked the correct positions here. The northern/southern landings of 2 are not on the corner but slightly further toward the center, where I placed the green circles.
    The upper landing point of 2 varies depending on which air vent you take, I marked the correct landing points with yellow circles. If you take the northern air vent, you get put in the northern one of the two yellow circles, and vice-versa for the sourhern air vent. On the western side, you marked the landing point (2) in the wrong spot, it is further up the ramp (where the yellow circles are).
  • Right now, the map is confusing to look at. There is way too much going on and it is difficult to differentiate between air vent and landing position.
    My recommendation would be to turn the lines into arrows so you know which direction the air vents go. Also, the air vents and landing positions have nearly the same color; one should be much lighter/darker than the other.
  • Also, it might be better to use different colors for each air vent.
    So for each number, the air vent, the landing position and the arrow itself could all have the same color (or different shades of that color). For example, all 1s could different shades of pink, all 2s could be shades of green, all 3s could be shades of orange.
    That way, you can immediately see that there are three different types of air vents.

Also, how about adding another map with all the power-up locations (speed boost, med pack, damage boost)?

Cheers for the feedback mate and the map. :)

I am quite certain that you can land in 4 different places from the centre vents. I definitely recall landing on the platform marked closest to mid on a couple of occasions (which seems almost pointless but oh well).

And yes I will be doing a powerup map too at some point. :)

I am quite certain that you can land in 4 different places from the centre vents. I definitely recall landing on the platform marked closest to mid on a couple of occasions (which seems almost pointless but oh well).

No problem! I may have explained it wrong. Yes, you can land on the closest ramp. There are four landing positions in total but each air vent is only connected to 3 of them. You can't use the northern air vent to get to the southernmost position, and you can't use the southern air vent to get to the northernmost position.

I'm already spending way too much time on this but I made a quick map in Powerpoint and as you can see:

• Air vent N goes to 1, 2 and 4 but NOT to 5.
  • Air vent S goes to 3, 4 and 5 but NOT to 1.

So in your map, you have to remove the line from N to 5, and you have to remove the line from S to 1.

Edited by Jerba

• 4 months later...

Vandin is unplayable, too many traps which make it more a player vs map thing than player vs player, it's too complex to be a fun (huttball) map, people prefer to just run around and get some kills instead of playing huttball because of it, or just quit the wz.

While playing it and asking people if is there anyone who likes it, honestly I didn't find anyone who enjoys the map yet, while the amount of people that hate it is incredible.

Vandin is unplayable, too many traps which make it more a player vs map thing than player vs player, it's too complex to be a fun (huttball) map, people prefer to just run around and get some kills instead of playing huttball because of it, or just quit the wz.

While playing it and asking people if is there anyone who likes it, honestly I didn't find anyone who enjoys the map yet, while the amount of people that hate it is incredible.

I am pretty sure,that people hate anything BW puts out these days. Personally I like Vandin. Doesn't have too much traps in it, it does need some tweaks (for example they could make goal line area,so that no stealth can camp there...basically it destealths anyone on that goal platform...but then people would just camp on ramps and then they would need to add some sort of mechanic that bounces people off after 15-20s camping.)

I think big problem that Vandin map has is that traps don't kill you insta,if you pass through them (fire one and acid). So if someone uses roll,blade blitz,something something round for mando/merc through fire/acid they escape from enemy and score. This is moslty for that green acid mist trap. But you can't really design and balance game around scoundrel/operative roll,which is soooo broken and OP. And they got 2 rolls with 10s cd.

At the end of the day I like all wz's and arenas...I like roation of them,so that I get break from civil war,then break from hutball,then break from voidstar,etc. I would stop playing game, if only q pops were let's say 3 same wz's over and over again all day every day.