Cost of repairing on high end

Soltrac

Hi,

You can call me a hardcore o semihardcore PVE player. I'm in a guild that has almost all the content finished on PVE (we only fail on final boss of Karagga on 16 Nightmare, but today he will die).

I have a job that consumes me 8 hours a day in front of a computer. Also I have a girlfriend and a social life in general. I've raided this way in WOW and Rift (and some minor others) and I've never have found me with this problem. I cannot pay the reparations of my equipment due to wiping on bosses.

Yesterday I payed around 150k on repairing services. Now I have less than 300k. Some guildies have tell me that I should do dailies to make 120k at day, but that should took me around 1:30 hour.

Here is my problem. I live alone, I have to clean my house, work, spare time with family-friends-girlfriend and I'm seeing that I don't have enough time to raid and doing dailies.

I like the PVP also. I'm on 35 valor, but I try to make all dailies to reach battlemaster to be prepared in some way to ranked WZ (that sure I will love them although we have those optimization problems).

I'm seeing that PVP players does not have to pay any repairing costing services (like other MMOs), but PVE players that want to finish the content have to pay INSANES amount. A PVP player that makes the dailies will have "infinite" money. A PVE player that makes EVERYDAY the dailies will have enough money to raid.

Also, I don't want to work for the game. That is no my feeling of playing. As I said before, I've played with these conditions on Rift (I finished the content) and SOMETIMES I had to make a daily quest that took me 15-20 min to make money for a week of raiding repairing + consumables.

I'm not asking for a cash free button, I'm asking you some consideration for the players that does not have full time for the game but wants to explore all the content. I would like a "yellow" guy's answer to this because my resub is pending from it. I've been thinking in all possibilites and I think what we need is a repairing cost reduction. If you want to combat this inflation you will have to grow the price of other aspects of the game (maybe something por PVP players, maybe consumables...).

Thanks (and discuss).

Well, it sounds to me like you just don't have time enough for everything that you want to do - Raiding and Dailies (= money) at the same time. Time allocation is up to you - not the Devs. So either you ditch your girlfriend (stupid but still an option) or you raid only every second day and raise money every first.

The repair costs are high, I give you that. But your comparison of PvE vs PvP is not right. PVPers die far more often than PVEs, who usually wipe less than half a dozen times in a raid (or else you should call it quits for the night ;)).

No no, I'm not asking for penalizing the same way PVPers to PVEers, that is insane (also I do PVP).

What I'm saying is that I've played this way on every MMO and I never have had problems. I never have been rich of course, but at least I always have been capable of managing my economy.

When I make 16 nightmare runs we wipe a lot. That's normal, we are doing something that not many guilds have done, but paying almost 200k credits a night for this is insane. Once I return to 8 things will normalize a little, but I will have the problem again when a new operation appears.

I think that I'm asking something reasonable, put the price of repairing according to other PVE MMOs.

No no, I'm not asking for penalizing the same way PVPers to PVEers, that is insane (also I do PVP).

What I'm saying is that I've played this way on every MMO and I never have had problems. I never have been rich of course, but at least I always have been capable of managing my economy.

When I make 16 nightmare runs we wipe a lot. That's normal, we are doing something that not many guilds have done, but paying almost 200k credits a night for this is insane. Once I return to 8 things will normalize a little, but I will have the problem again when a new operation appears.

I think that I'm asking something reasonable, put the price of repairing according to other PVE MMOs.

I don't agree. You say yourself that you're doing something extraordinary. As such, the penalties you are incurring should be extraordinary as well. I can't see why you can't just shift your 16 raids a day to raise some more money.

You have not convinced me that there is a bug or inbalance within the game that needs to be fixed.

I don't agree. You say yourself that you're doing something extraordinary. As such, the penalties you are incurring should be extraordinary as well. I can't see why you can't just shift your 16 raids a day to raise some more money.

You have not convinced me that there is a bug or inbalance within the game that needs to be fixed.

I've done those "extraordinary" things (they are really not so much extraordinariy) in other MMOs with no problems. Why is this game different?

If I'm going to work for the game to make the same things I've always done in other MMOs, I, at least, prefer playing another one.

Anyway, want to see more opinions.

I've done those "extraordinary" things (they are really not so much extraordinariy) in other MMOs with no problems. Why is this game different?

If I'm going to work for the game to make the same things I've always done in other MMOs, I, at least, prefer playing another one.

Anyway, want to see more opinions.

Games ARE different; that's the point. If you want things to be like some other game, then play that game. You can not have expectations that how it works in other games is how it will work here.

I agree with the replies above, you need to change your way of playing, not blame the game.

I should also say that I am in a similar position. Married, 2 kids, busy life and busy full-time job.

When I get low on credits, I have to stop, take a day or so to do something else, then come back to that credit sink.

This :) But i rather have to do this then having no economy

Edited by Varghjerta

I agree with the OP, the penalties seem a bit high for my liking as well. Playing MMO's does eat a lot of time in the first place, therefore it seems silly to artificially lengthen in-game time by making you grind credits (which frankly you should receive raiding - at least so many that you can pay the repairs). In any case, my best solution is: wipe less often :D

The game on the whole charges too much for things even while levelling. The only way I levelled chars without any credit issues is if I didn't bother with professions and just took up things like slicing and diplomacy. I was so broke on my main I couldn't afford to repair until I did my dailies. It could do with a bit of a tweak. Too many credit sinks.

Wipeing in raids is the only thing i have to spend credits on, been doing dailies seen day after xmas (When i hit 50) and have 6.5mil credits atm. And my guild raids 3-4 times a week.

Is repair to much? Maybe, its about a 10k increase per piece going from Tionese to Columi to Rakata. But since its the only real credit sink this games has atm, i don't seem them lowering it at time soon.

Seriously, there is no need for a whole freakin philosophical debate here.

Repair costs are too high, ill bet you any amount of credits that they will be lowered.

/thread

I agree, though I wouldn't bet on them actually doing anything about it.

The way it is now, I am expecting some people having to unsubscribe from some raid days for the mere reason of "not enough money for repairs", something I have never seen in any game before. The OP's example is not so uncommon, he's got less than half a million and what he has can be consumed by repairs alone in 2-3 raid days when learning content.

This can also have the detrimental effect that even more than in other MMOs, many more people than usual will try to gravitate to the raid groups which have the content clear and are only farming it now.

Also - huge incentive for money farming/selling/spamming here.

Then consider that repair costs will only go up, as they scale with equipment quality. I am at ~4.5k for a single death, and I am mostly at Columi gear level. Some people might possibly see ~10k repair bills per death at the end of the year, depending on the amount of gear progression/inflation of course.

lol so u dont like to wipe go play normal then - and if u dont got the money at u lvl50 then u ar make som ting wrong - i make 300-400k a day easy . so if u cant handle wipe 3-5 times and pay for u gear then u need to go back to WoW/Rift/aion in sted - just make u daly quest u get over 100k in 1H - let me see u got Bio crew skill hehe sorry for u then- i sell stuff on Gtm wed easy and make a hell lot of money cypertec on my Alt i sell like 14-18 ship parts a day - and on main i got armormec sell 6-10 gear items a day lvl45 to 50 Epix wed no problem - i just buy the Stims i need for HM OPS and i stell got over 5mill - leern to make money

lol so u dont like to wipe go play normal then - and if u dont got the money at u lvl50 then u ar make som ting wrong - i make 300-400k a day easy . so if u cant handle wipe 3-5 times and pay for u gear then u need to go back to WoW/Rift/aion in sted - just make u daly quest u get over 100k in 1H - let me see u got Bio crew skill hehe sorry for u then- i sell stuff on Gtm wed easy and make a hell lot of money cypertec on my Alt i sell like 14-18 ship parts a day - and on main i got armormec sell 6-10 gear items a day lvl45 to 50 Epix wed no problem - i just buy the Stims i need for HM OPS and i stell got over 5mill - leern to make money

wut?

Anyhow, I think they should lower the costs a little, sounds a bit over the top. Shouldn't the game's main purpose be amazing end game, not endless grinding? Each to their own I guess, but I'd rather spend my time on something else than grinding and GTN.

Yea, most people have lives

(I'll ignore spelling, formatting etc. and just assume you already tried your best)

Ah the common logical fallacy. Any advice to make money off the Galactic Market only works as long as not too many people heed it, as it requires a certain number of people buying more (in terms of total money) than they ever sell.

The same actually holds true in real life, e.g. when people tell others "if you studied this you'd get this job and make so much money", except if everyone would do so we'd only have doctors and lawyers and know one would even make food.

yeah... I'm going to go with Defiant's answer here

Yea, most people have lives

Also reading through this awful attack on the English language brings me to this youtube link

Edited by deags

Why don't?

Different isn't bad.

Most of us, who leave the MMORPG world years ago, have returned because this game is different.

Witch don't mean you are wrong in the excessive price of PvE repairing; but you really are wrong in compare this with other games.

This game IS different, and some of us like that a lot. So, just argue your problem in its own base, no comparing with other (and very different) games.

Some people complain that you can't do anything with credits and the others that you have to spend too much of it. Figures...

On topic; I've been about +/- 0 since I hit 50 and I play only couple hours daily. As far as I'm concerned, the repair costs are fine. I raid 2-3 times a week plus some hard modes daily.

Some people complain that you can't do anything with credits and the others that you have to spend too much of it. Figures...

There is a tremendous difference between having something worthwhile (read: crafting, galactic market) to spend money on and being required to spend it on annoying money sinks (read: repair costs).

On topic; I've been about +/- 0 since I hit 50 and I play only couple hours daily. As far as I'm concerned, the repair costs are fine. I raid 2-3 times a week plus some hard modes daily.

So you are saying that at that rate, playing a couple of hours every day - let's say you raid 3 hours on 3 days and on 4 days you play 3 hours without raids.

So basically it takes 4 days with the same play time just to offset the repair costs of 3 raid days. If you think that is fine, ok. I find this outrageous.

Compared to WoW (and yes the comparison is valid, raid maintenance in terms of equipment repair costs due to wipes learning encounters is still the same in both games), you may need a single hour to offset the cost of an entire wipe-heavy evening. Which in your example would mean one of your days off raids would go to repair costs, and 3 days would even net you something.

Edited by Mephane

Repairs costs may seems harsh... Yet money sinks are needed if unlimited supply of money is present (and in most, if not all MMOs, it is), to prevent the inflation and eventually colapse of whole credit-based economy. Otherwise credits will become useless and we'll have to switch for new "jordan ring" barter payments :)