Why do people keep telling me love is forbidden to Jedi?

Unaki

I know it isn't as that would just be asinine. For the male Knights, if you do the Kira romancing she actually proves that Jedi can get married and love one another but are generally watched closely. So why do people keep arguing with me?

For the male Knights, if you do the Kira romancing she actually proves that Jedi can get married and love one another but are generally watched closely. So why do people keep arguing with me?

You are understating the "complications" with the situation. In fact the JK is not able to be open about his relationship with Kira at all. If the two of them were open about, they would basically never see each other again. In fact I believe that pretty much applies to every single Jedi romance to some extent or another(questionable about whether the Jedi Council could pull that off with the non-Jedi romance companions but they would try).

The requirements for a Jedi to become "attatched" as established in the Kira dialogues, are extremely difficult and the requirements after they become "attatched" do not result in somthing that most people would consider a healthy relationship.

That said if you are powerful enough and have enough political clout they aren't going to do anything to you. I mean my JC isn't hiding his relationship at all, everybody on the ship knows and there is nothing in the dialog with his new wife that suggests they are hiding anything. That said by that time in the story your JCon has so much political power and so many people on his side, has been given so many crazy honors by the Jedi High Command, and given special titles and the like that there is no way politically they could touch him without causing the republic to fall to the Sith and splintering the order into several factions.

Heck when they started getting together not once did my character say hey the other Jedi aren't going to be happy about this so don't tell him. He even sends her to Typhon for extra training and she comes back with nothing to say about it.

Of course this could be because the Jedi Cons have a different role in the order then the Knights do. So maybe it's just Jedi Knights that aren't allowed to marry. So far everybody I've noticed that has kids and the like seem to be built off of the Jedi Cons template, either shadow or sage and nobody bats an eyebrow at the idea that one of them has a family. Considering they have to work with other cultures so closely the idea that they can't marry could at times make things harder for planets who have cultures that view the unmarried as something less.

Anyway if it's not allowed for the JCs they high command pretend not to notice, and he helps them by not making out with his wife in front of the Padawans.

Edited by StarMagus

Add On: I'm married to my Jedi Cons romance option and have gotten 0 dark side points from the entire romance. So yeah.... not dark side at all.

Double Add On: There are conversations during the JCon romance where people kept calling the woman he was hitting on "Little Nadia" and acting like she was way way way young. So much so that I had this vision of my JCon getting arrested on an episode of cops and as they haul him away he's yelling... "She told me she was 18!!!!!" And yet.... still no DS points.

Edited by StarMagus