Do any imperial story lines have republic leanings?

xVexillex

weird question I know but... I like the republic but I wanna try an imperial char just to go through the stories. I was wondering, are there any story paths for any classes that allow you to say... be almost a republic sympathizer?

Im not looking for spoilers Im just curious if any of the classes would let me have republic leanings if I played LS.

so im looking for either a "No" or a "Yes", with which class and what alignment.

thank you

weird question I know but... I like the republic but I wanna try an imperial char just to go through the stories. I was wondering, are there any story paths for any classes that allow you to say... be almost a republic sympathizer?

Im not looking for spoilers Im just curious if any of the classes would let me have republic leanings if I played LS.

so im looking for either a "No" or a "Yes", with which class and what alignment.

thank you

lightside aligned imperial agent literally borders on "defector waiting to happen"

plus, provided you didn't kil a certain republic individual, defecting is actually a story option at the end

However, the Sith Inquisitor ends up doing the most harm to the empire short of the Jedi knight :p

Edited by Antagonasty

lightside aligned imperial agent literally borders on "defector waiting to happen"

plus, provided you didn't kil a certain republic individual, defecting is actually a story option at the end

However, the Sith Inquisitor ends up doing the most harm to the empire short of the Jedi knight :p

looks like the IA is what I want!

and damnit I didnt know that quoting someone with a spoiler would show whats in the spoiler! lol My own fault, still gonna try it, ty!

I cant believe theres actually a storyline exactly like I want.

Edited by xVexillex

Why people use spoiler tags in the spoiler forums I have no idea.

But yeah, being able to defect to the Republic and be a SIS double agent in the end as a light side agent is epic.

I don't think you become SIS, I think you just offer the Republic your services as a double agent.

Definitely the IA, in fact one chapter has a lot of 'republic involvement' ;)

Many times throughout the story I've actually felt very tempted to defect to the Republic and found myself getting irritated at the Sith and Imperial high command. I've also really respected the Republic-symtpahising villains of the IA, more so than the other Imperial classes. I feel the writers have done a terrific job with the story.

looks like the IA is what I want!

and damnit I didnt know that quoting someone with a spoiler would show whats in the spoiler! lol My own fault, still gonna try it, ty!

I cant believe theres actually a storyline exactly like I want.

That's the cool thing about the agent's story; you have to choose between playing the patriot in an empire driven by bloodshed, or a dissident secretly supporting a corrupt, bloated, aging republic. At least, that's how I see it. Efficiency, or Justice?

I don't think there's any Imp class that wouldn't allow occasional Republic leanings. Already on Korriban my SI had the possibility of betraying a Sith plan to feed false information to the Republic through a Jedi. But IA seems to be the "Republic class" on the Imp side.