How to piss of KOTOR fans (SPOILERS)

Blackwater

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Killing revan and stealing his pants has been a target for hatred for months. TOR butchers everything that made Revan a good character. To be quite honest, I just ignore anything Revan related in TOR. I'd rather stick my head in the sand and remember Revan as one of the few truly good sith who actually followed the sith way instead of some retard who became this big bad mysteriously immortal sith emperor's slave.

Killing revan and stealing his pants has been a target for hatred for months. TOR butchers everything that made Revan a good character. To be quite honest, I just ignore anything Revan related in TOR. I'd rather stick my head in the sand and remember Revan as one of the few truly good sith who actually followed the sith way instead of some retard who became this big bad mysteriously immortal sith emperor's slave.

I have to disagree.

Revan is only so god damn loved because you WERE Revan. People relate to him because of that.

If he had just been introduced via a book or something else, no on would have loved him nearly as much as people adore him right now.

Not saying he isnt a great character, but people blow him way out of proportion.

Please say that again.

I agree... After playing both KOTOR 1 and 2 I have exsactly zero problem with him being where, what, and how he is. But I fear most want to see him as a 8 man nightmare only end game raid requiring gear from a teir not even added to the game yet and all deaths in the instance would be flagged as perma deaths.

I have to disagree.

Revan is only so gosh darn loved because you WERE Revan. People relate to him because of that.

If he had just been introduced via a book or something else, no on would have loved him nearly as much as people adore him right now.

Not saying he isnt a great character, but people blow him way out of proportion.

Actually, this couldn't be farther from the truth. I loved Revan because he was one of the few sith that actually followed sith ideals. He saw the hidden sith empire as a threat to order and stability and knew the galaxy would fall as it was. So he went out to fix that problem. Either the republic resisted his attack and proved itself capable of fighting off the sith empire, or they fell to his rule and he'd build it up to the point where it could resist. He was one of the few sith that followed the true sith way of order and peace. Contrary to popular belief, sith aren't all angsty teenagers with daddy issues. They want the same thing jedi do, peace and stability. They just see a different way in attaining that and Revan actually followed that line of thought.

Too many sith are just angsty ******* who want power for the sake of having power. Revan broke this mold like other sith such as Bane, and worked towards achieving the true sith ideals. And that is why I liked him.

Then in comes TOR and those retarded books and **** all over Revan and undermine everything that made him a decent character, turning him into yet another generic sith that I couldn't care less about.

It is not that he is a boss. The absurd easiness of the fight is insulting. I stood there and had to move once, when rocks started falling from the...ceiling. He bravely swung his saber at my BH and could never quiet pierce it. I was surprised.

Huh ?

Is this an Imperial thing because when we run Maelstrom FP we free him from his eternal slumber of protection

I'm not sure, but this might be a timing issue. I haven't run the encounter with Revan yet, but if you kill him because he's serving the Emperor, I'd hazard a guess that the Republic folks come in and free him, and then go on their merry way, and he's there waiting for Empire folks once we get in there.

If not, I'd chalk it up to another similarity to the KOTOR games: multiple endings, with only one of them being canonical for purposes of basing future story off it.

The canonical ending of Knights of the Old Republic had Revan going Light Side and returning to being a Jedi Knight. The Revan novel has him marrying Bastila Shan, having a kid (who fathers someone else, and might have been one more generation there, until we get to now, 300 years later, with Satele Shan, a descendant of Revan and Bastila), and eventually getting captured by the Emperor as he foolishly tried to go take on a man who was so powerful in the Force that he not only wiped out the life of an entire planet, but also rendered the whole place a Force Void, insuring Force users (like Meetra, the Jedi Exile from KOTOR2) would have a really rough time remaining there.

Conversely, many players (myself included) played Revan as a Sith in KOTOR (and hell, my Revan was even female). That ending is not canonical.

The canonical ending for KOTOR had Revan as a Jedi Knight who followed the Light Side of the Force.

The canonical ending for KOTOR2 had the Jedi Exile being a Dark Sider.

Revan's story is now canonically updated in the "Revan" novel.

And it's been concluded in this game. We just don't know if the canonical ending has him being saved by the Republic or destroyed by the Empire.

Really Bioware? Revan is a 4 man boss? Really?

REALLY?!?!?

Well, seeing as our characters in TOR are supposed to be exceptional (just like Revan was, and Exile), I see no reason why 4 exceptional characters shouldn't be able to take down Revan.

Edited by Kashaan

Wow, for the first time I decided to actually read up on the big bad mysterious sith emperor. God I wish I hadn't. Who wrote this ****? I mean honestly, I don't mean to offend and I'd hope people don't call me a troll for this. But this is something I'd expect from a middleschooler on deviantart. Fanfiction about their amazing self-inset character. I cringe at the thought of reading up details about the changes made to revan and the exile. I was right in choosing to ignore this stuff. God even TFU had better stuff then this. Thank god whoever wrote the stuff for the sith emperor didn't have a hand in my agent or trooper storylines. Edited by ColonelColt

According to star wars wiki, it doesnt really state that he actually died. Take it for what its worth.

But before the final blow could be struck, Revan disappeared in a flash of light. Not a trace of him could be found. It is not known whether he became one with the Force or somehow managed to escape

Edited by SeanC

According to star wars wiki, it doesnt really state that he actually died.

But before the final blow could be struck, Revan disappeared in a flash of light. Not a trace of him could be found. It is not known whether he became one with the Force or somehow managed to escape

So there is still hope of him being a 100 man raid boss. :D

Could be worse. Could've had a moon dropped on him!

I dunno, I'm fine with it. Four exceptional characters up against one lone Force-user (albeit one that is, also, exceptional). I think it's keeping in perfectly with how fights are scaled to work, cinematically, in Star Wars in the first place.

But, still. There are worse ways to go.