orange focuses

nerdmaster

does artifice let you get schmatics for orange focuses, if so what level. or do I have to re-eng to get an orange schematic?

Per Ask-Mr-Robot, there are a few moddable [purple, not orange] level 48 focuses/generators...see

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/crafting/artifice#im=1,ix=55,i=16 for focuses. I believe you can purchase these schematics from the trainer.

However, since neither focuses not generators alter the appearance of your character, other than you maybe liking the name or back story of how you acquired it, you can just use the first moddable one you find and keep it up to date.

You can "find" moddable focuses and generators in random world drops, as rewards for some quests (usually Class or Heroic -- there are Heroics on the Capitol world that offer these items, as well as higher level quests), and at many of the Planetary Com vendors (on Fleet and the various Planets).

Edit: Reverse Engineering never gives orange/moddable schematics, you can RE Green->Blue->Purple [non-moddable], and (most of the time) Blue->Purple (non-moddable) -- some schematics start Blue and have no Green base.

Edited by eartharioch