[Ebon Hawk] 11/21: A Coalition in the Making - The Pzob Raid

AliitKohr

Host: Atarous (Empire)

Who: Those who wish to resist Zakuul occupation, and strike back.

What: A combat raid on a Scientific Research Outpost

Where: Pzob (Belsavis)

When: Saturday, November 21st @ 6:00 PM Est

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IC Intro:

Darth Atarous sat observing the planet on the holodisplay. The world, known as Pzob, was practically uninhabited, and more importantly, had a Zakuul Outpost there. According to the information his agent had been able to recover, due to the fact that the planet was near, practically in, Wild Space, the Eternal Empire didn't put much in the way of defenses to guard the outpost. Though it was impossible to know how many Knights or Skytroopers were stationed at the outpost, it was found that the base had no orbital defenses, and no Anti-air cannons. This may have been due to the fact that the base was supposed to be a secret. This is exactly what he had been searching for, a place that was significant, yet wasn't heavily guarded. Pzob would be the testing grounds of this Fledgling coalition. He activated his Comm system, and punched in the encrypted Coalition Channel.

"This is Darth Atarous to those of us who resist. The time has come for us to show the Galaxy that the Eternal Empire is not as invincible as everyone seems to think they are. After much digging, one of my operatives has found a suitable location for us to strike. It will allow us to test how we function together in combat, as well as provide us with more insight on Zakuul. If we are lucky, we may even happen across some tech to help us even the odds, but that is a secondary objective. We MUST win the hearts and minds of the Galaxy to succeed, and the first step on our path is to show everyone that we CAN win. This is our chance to prove that we are more than a simple resistance. It is high time that we stepped up from just being a thorn in the Eternal Empire's toe. Let us become a Dagger in their side, that slowly bleeds them dry, weakening them until the time is right to finish them!" He finished up. Before shutting down the channel, he sent an encrypted burst transmission, containing a Rally Point for those who wished to attend to congregate before the strike. The Pureblood smiled under his mask, as he was somewhat looking forward to the upcoming action.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all, and welcome to my thread, haha. I am working on creating an event for all who wish to attend, Republic and Imperial factions, and even Mandalorians, if any wish to come. I am not entirely sure how many people will attend, but, I do have the ability to have multiple DMs, if need be. This event will be open to all that oppose Zakuul, and especially to those that Atarous has reached out to personally. The goal of the event is to try and show the Galaxy that Zakuul is not Invincible, even though they seem to be. A secondary objective will also be to recover any tech or armor we come across. With all the hype I have for being victorious with this event, it is entirely possible that we may lose this, and have to fall back, which would be a slap in the face to our little coalition. It will also be possible that tempers could flare, as this would be the first multi-faction event against Zakuul, as far as I know. Suffice to say, some Jedi may not like having to fight alongside a Sith, and vice versa. It will be very interesting to see how the event proceeds. I welcome any strife between the groups, as it creates some interesting Drama that will need to be resolved, which could lead to possibly a fight even on mission, that could hamper our progress. With all of that being said, if something does happen, remember, this is IC, not OOC, please don't carry Drama over, that can really hurt those of us who are trying to enjoy RPing. So, with all that in mind, below is the Template we shall be using for combat (A big thanks to Sinclair for putting this idea forward, and I will be adding a bit to it. I would also like to thank Garmas, as I have enjoyed his set up as well, and have incorporated a few pieces into this.):

Name: [your in-game name you plan to use for the event]

Faction: [republic, empire, mandalorian]

Class: [describe what best fits your character's skill set. i will give an example of mine below.]

Combat Potency: [see below]

<Combat Potency Explained>

Roll RP is oftentimes a bit unreasonable. As stated by Sinclair, I, as well, am supremely skeptical that a Sith Lord should have any issue cutting down a defenseless slave, but a bad roll, and there you are. A system was proposed that I agree with, which appears to be far more fair. Our esteemed Aristocra has given it a name: Combat Potency. This system is aimed at bridging that gap while still allowing rolls. Each user is asked to rank their character's power based on the scale below. Where your character falls on this scale is entirely up to you, and determines the boost given to your characters offensive and defensive abilities. Though I have made a few tweaks to it for this event, I would like to thank Sinclair for bringing this awesome system to us.

Rank 1: Normal. Civilians, Acolytes, Military Privates, non-combatants. [+0 to rolls]

Rank 2: Combatant. Padawans, Apprentices, Street Toughs, Bounty Hunters and Smugglers. [+1 to rolls]

Rank 3: Veteran. Jedi Knights, Sith Lords, Experienced Bounty Hunters and Smugglers, Experienced Soldiers and Agents. [+2 to rolls]

Rank 4: Hero. Your standard Jedi Masters and Dark Lords of the Sith (Darth), Infamous Hunters and Smugglers, Fabeled Soldiers and Agents. [+3 to rolls]

Rank 5: Legends. Legends are meant to be characters of extordinary skill and merit beyond most, and tend to be the most versed in their skill sets, as well as being wise. In most cases, this would be reserved only for Force Users, though exceptions are made, as even those without the Force have been know to have some incredible skill sets. [+4 to rolls]

I know this system presents much in the way of leniency, but I would ask that you be truthful to your character's actual skills, and his background and accomplishments. If a character is an Acolyte, he is not going to be a legend, regardless if he has a natural affinity to the force, due to the fact that he has not been properly trained yet. I will give those who wish to join the choice of what to choose, as they know their characters best.

I hope the system isn't to complicated, and if you have any questions, or even suggestions, please, feel free to PM me your thoughts, ideas, and inquirers. I am looking forward to seeing everyone in action, and I hope you enjoy yourself if you attend!

*NOTE*: If you are unsure of what your Character's Combat Potency should be, PM me, and I will do my best to help you figure it out based on your Character's actions, decisions, and record. That being said, remember that the ultimate choice is for you to decide, I will only make a suggestion.

Example Toon Write up (This is for my character):

Name: Darth Atarous

Faction: Empire

Class: Sith Commander (Atarous is a born warrior, and leader. Though he is gifted with the force, he much rather prefers to enter lightsaber combat, which he has trained in the arts of hard and long for his entire life. He is well versed in the art of Warfare, and genuinely cares for those who server under and alongside him, which tends to earn him respect.)

Combat Potency: 5 (Due to Atarous' accomplishments throughout his story, which has taken many a twist and turn, I have rated him as a five. Possibly one of his most famous accomplishments was helping to lead the Imperial Forces at the Battle of Frostwake, which propelled him from your average Darth, to a well known figure.)

I know this is last second, and that is my fault. Still, if any of you are able to make it out, that would be cool. I would like to close Sign-ups tonight at 6PM Est, but for the sake of this thread not being up long, I will extend it to 3PM Est on 11/21 for these forums exclusively.

Edited by AliitKohr

Due to certain matters that popped up today, I will be pushing the event back from 5PM Est to 6PM Est. That being said, signups are now open again, until 4PM Est. I apologize if this inconveniences anyone, but the issue came up rather out of the blue. Thank you!