Question to the people that play any of the Gun Using Classes

Altyrell

Have any of you played the MMO Defiance then come back into TOR onto your Trooper/Smuggler/Agent/Hunter and kind of wish that the way your guns work in TOR worked the similar to how they work in Defiance, with the aiming & everything.

Cause I have been going back & forth between Defiance and TOR and this morning when I got onto my Sith Warrior Alt, again that is just a Sith Warrior Alt, when I realized that I further wished that how TOR Gun Users uses their Weapons functioned similar to how they do in Defiance. Cause my Main Main is a Imperial Agent Sniper and since the beginning of TOR I wished that the Sniper Rifles worked like how SR's would.

Now I know, or at least I'm sure, that TOR & Defiance's engines are completely different, but I actually wished that when Classes use weapons that have Scopes, whether they be Pistols, Rifles or Sniper Rifles, that we would be able to have our view go into "Scope" Mode where we would actually have to aim where we would like to shoot. Now I understand that the Force Users, Commandos, and the Dual Wielding AC's of the Bounty Hunters & Smugglers would/could have potential either not having scopes or wield 2 Pistols each having their own Scope, but it would still be nice.

A benefit to this could be a further expansion of the Modification System w/ new Mods being available, in that Scopes could be added to the game, and the Barrels would further be changed to add certain traits from having Suppressor's to hide the Muzzle Flash, etc. Further on that, but perhaps certain Modifications could change the look of the weapon, so for example two IA Snipers were both wielding an E-80 Sniper Rifle but one Sniper had a long Scope while the other Sniper had a short/medium Scope and one Sniper had the flat forward hand grip while the other had a handle forward hand grip.

I personally hate playing RPG's like shooters, so I prefer it how it is :)

Matter of preference. I wouldn't mind what OP offers (not that it would happen anyway), but I'd still play with a topdown view, because it allows me to see a broader perspective - to spot players trying to flank me, NPC patrols/respawns, etc.

A change just such as this from target lock play to manual aim targeting was one of the main reasons given for leaving SWG in the aftermath of its NGE.

If any change such as this were to be considered I hope they learn from the mistakes of past games and make it entirely optional.

A change just such as this from target lock play to manual aim targeting was one of the main reasons given for leaving SWG in the aftermath of its NGE.

If any change such as this were to be considered I hope they learn from the mistakes of past games and make it entirely optional.

iirc it was that way for all weapons regardless of the weapon, I mean I'm probably wrong but if it was that way then yeah that was bad as for the most part it shouldn't be that way for Melee Weapons. But yeah, I do agree that how SWG attempted didn't exactly work all that well.