Sacre’s Guide to Customization

Sacre

Sacre’s Guide to Customization

I love Custom items! They let me look and play the way I want. However, I found it to be a little bit overwhelming at first. What are all these modifications? What exactly is the [Advanced Erudition Enhancement 25] anyway? (Exactly what it says on the tin. :D ) What does it do for me?(Gives +40 Endurance, +51 Glance Rating, and +20 Critical Rating) What does Erudition mean anyway? (profound scholarly knowledge) So I’ve decided to put together this guide to what it all means and how you can use it to your advantage. A lot of the information for this I pulled from Torhead and from my own observations in game. Special thanks to nefloyd, NomNom, and all the Knights of Sokan.

Ok, so what are the Custom items anyway? Put simply, it is how you look the way you want to look through the game. Say you really like how the [s-311 Fusion Saboteur] looks. You can keep using it and keep it to your level with mods. For example, a lightsaber can do more damage just by replacing the crystal.

There are several different kinds of slots. Barrels, Enhancements, Mods, Color Crystals, Hilts, Armoring, and Augments. Everything has Mods and Enhancements. Weapons have color crystals. Lightsaber hilts and blaster barrels. Armor has armoring. Everything if there is a critical success making it can have augments.

To put it another way, Ranged weapons have Barrels, Enhancements, Mods, and Color Crystals. Lightsabers have Hilts, Enhancements, Mods, and Color Crystals. Armors have Armoring, Enhancements, and Mods. Critical Success Crafted Items of the above types also have Augments.

So how do I make them? Barrels are created by Armstechs. Enhancements, Hilts, and Color Crystals are created by Artificers. Armoring and Mods are created by Cybertechs. Augments are found via Slicing. Now, what outher skills might be helpful here? I’ve reproduced a very useful chart below to help.

http://www.swtorcrewskills.com/POSTS/swtor-crew-skills-chart.png

There are three determinants of how useful a mod can be to you. Color, Name, and Number. Color such as green, purple, blue and what not effects the exact amount of the bonus. Number does as well, but it determines what level you can use it. Name determines what it changes and to what extent it changes it. Most have two and a few have three that they change.

Color needs little explanation. Premium Items are uncommon items, rarer than white items and have better stats. Prototype Items are rarer than green items and have better stats. Artifact Items are epic items and have higher stats than blue. Some Artifacts have the name “Prototype” in the name. This is not related to color. Premium -> Prototype -> Artifact

The Name of the Mod tells you what it does for you. All Erudition mods do the same thing. The difference between [Mastercraft Reflex Armoring 25] and [Reflex Armoring 1] is the amount that they change Aim and Endurance not what they change. That one changes more and one changes less is also kept consistant.

Pretty much all of the possible modifications have a number from 1 to 25. There is some variation at the start. However, It’s roughly one every three levels starting with mod 6 at level 17 and 23-25 are all 50. Before 6 they are tiered similarly.

I hope that this brief guide is helpful to you. If you have any corrections or thoughts feel free to post them. This is how they seem to appear to be to me at this time. The right to change this post upon learning just how wrong I am is reserved. I apologize if this is covered somewhere else that I did not notice.

Edited by Sacre
Color!