Clone Wars S05E19 - To Catch A Jedi

BradTheImpaler

The question they have to back tell is how she got that good. Possibly Sidious has dispatched Maul to train her? Sidious has trained her himself?
At first I thought this would be difficult, but now I'm reconsidering.

Consider what we know of Ashoka, she is the Padawan of Unduli, a powerful Jedi Master. She is obviously a hard worker and dedicated to her training, far more so than Ashoka. This distinction is made clear in the Geonosis arc. This would imply that she she trains harder and trains more in lightsaber combat than Ashoka, in this way she could become superior.

Also, consider what we know of Offee's lightsaber ablities - you'll find the answer is nothing. The only lightsaber combat we see is when Offee is under the influence of brain worms which clearly heavilty effected her style. Their is no technique what so ever in her attacks and Ashoka fends them off easily - clearly the brain worm affected her ability. So for all we know she could very extremely skilled.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thinks its definitely Bariss - just watched a webisode on that episode and at the end Filoni says something about some of you guys probably knowing who the villain is by now, and how its going to be difficult to accept. I don't think we're going to see a twist here, the big suprise will likely be a complete reverse of Bariss' personality and her motives will be uncovered.

I thinks its definitely Bariss - just watched a webisode on that episode and at the end Filoni says something about some of you guys probably knowing who the villain is by now, and how its going to be difficult to accept. I don't think we're going to see a twist here, the big suprise will likely be a complete reverse of Bariss' personality and her motives will be uncovered.

Got a link to that webisode? Ill go look for it now.. Sounds interesting.

And so the boring it is Bariss people win in the end... all according to LucusArts design <insert evil laughter here>.

Guess I still want to know who dies, since I've been saying it was Bariss since she helped Ashoka instead of encrouging her to turn herself in and then a female attacked her in the warehouse.

aww man last episode of the season this friday. just gonna say it i dont think they will kill ashoka.

There will be a 6th season, so I would not be suprised if that is the case. But i belive the intend is probably to strain her relantionship with Anakin. Maybe in the near future he is the one who kils her.

Also the next episode isnt the last of the season. Its 22 episodes in this season meaning 3 more episodes.

Next one is called " The wrong jedi" the 20th episode.

The 21th epi is called "desperation of Grentarik"

And the last one " The final sacrifice"

Also i realize that Clóvis is yet to make an apearence in this season as well padmé. If i recall correctly they featured in the trailer too. I wonder how are they connected to this.

Edited by Spartanik

Also the next episode isnt the last of the season. Its 22 episodes in this season meaning 3 more episodes.

Next one is called " The wrong jedi" the 20th episode.

The 21th epi is called "desperation of Grentarik"

And the last one " The final sacrifice"

Also i realize that Clóvis is yet to make an apearence in this season as well padmé. If i recall correctly they featured in the trailer too. I wonder how are they connected to this.

Awesome, more episodes! I figured their might be, I remember seeing some clips in the trailer that haven't appeared yet. All I know is that is involved Anakin, Padme and that bounty hunter with the shield hat. But I don't think it involves Clovis... the guy who was featured in the trailer was somebody else. I think.

Awesome, more episodes! I figured their might be, I remember seeing some clips in the trailer that haven't appeared yet. All I know is that is involved Anakin, Padme and that bounty hunter with the shield hat. But I don't think it involves Clovis... the guy who was featured in the trailer was somebody else. I think.

It was not cad bane though. He will not apear in this season. But its featured in the next season working with boba fett.

Thats what dave Filoni talked about anyway.

I think it was clovis, but it could not be.

It was not cad bane though. He will not apear in this season. But its featured in the next season working with boba fett.

Thats what dave Filoni talked about anyway.

I think it was clovis, but it could not be.

Not that guy, this guy. And Boba Fett with Cad Bane? Could be cool, I sense their will be some rivalry between the two.

Not that guy, this guy. And Boba Fett with Cad Bane? Could be cool, I sense their will be some rivalry between the two.

Ah Embo?! the character they created as homage to Akira Kurosawa film "seven samurai" :p

He already apeared during the Maul arch on Hutta fighting with Maul and savage/ visla. Not sure if it will apear again.

in this trailer when anakin is force choking a guy with padmé in front at 2:11

Now that i look at it yeah im not sure is Clovis, but i think it is.

Edited by Spartanik

Ah Embo?! the character they created as homage to Akira Kurosawa film "seven samurai" :p

He already apeared during the Maul arch on Hutta fighting with Maul and savage/ visla. Not sure if it will apear again.

in this trailer when anakin is force choking a guy with padmé in front at 2:11

Now that i look at it yeah im not sure is Clovis, but i think it is.

Watch the trailer again, did you not notice Embo? He made several apperances in that trailer, directly linked with Padme - someone is trying to assassinate her, likely Nute Gunray.

And that guy definitely isn't Clovis, this is Clovis - his features are a lot more distinct.

Also I noticed several scenes involving what looks like the Coruscant Guard fighting battle droids, as well as a brief scene of Republic gunships closing in on some sort of structure... the Coruscant Guard could have something to do with Padme, she being a Senator. Not sure about that invasion sequence. We shall see.

Just saw a preview for 'The Wrong Jedi' - looks like the Jedi Council believe she is the culprit, and Grand Moff Tarkin is demanding the death penalty. All the while Anakin is becoming increasingly angry at the Council and clearly sees great injustice in Ashoka's condemnation. I have a feeling Sidious would have said: "Everything is proceeding as I have forseen..."

Just saw a preview for 'The Wrong Jedi' - looks like the Jedi Council believe she is the culprit, and Grand Moff Tarkin is demanding the death penalty. All the while Anakin is becoming increasingly angry at the Council and clearly sees great injustice in Ashoka's condemnation. I have a feeling Sidious would have said: "Everything is proceeding as I have forseen..."

They probably won't go through with it, its just to build up suspense and then come in with a lackluster ending. Though I will be very surprised if they have the balls to stick with it.

Just thought I'd say, this means squat.

Hell I doubt the developers would be dumb enough to put this in.

What If Anakin just followed the same trail of clues we did and attacked her?

You are realy in denial... dave filoni already hinted its her. But By wacthing the episodes again. Its very obvious its her.

I think they did something realy nice, and great with the clone wars show but lets not overate star wars franchise as the writting is concerned and this tv show.

star wars Its always a pretty straight forward plot overal.

Empire strikes back stands out in regarding the other movies because its kinda escapes this rule a bit. At least on that regard. Im sure there are others but.

All im saying usualy what seems to be in star wars, it usualy is. there are exceptions, but i doubt this is the case.

Besides you ignoring that she holds a red lightsaber. so your theory doesnt hold.

Edited by Spartanik

They probably won't go through with it, its just to build up suspense and then come in with a lackluster ending. Though I will be very surprised if they have the balls to stick with it.

This is what I'm worried about, this could very well end with Ahsoka acquitted and the Dark Jedi gets killed by Anakin and everything is... mostly back to normal again

Then again my worries can be for naught, and we might end up with a scenario in which Ahsoka gets thrown into jail and the Dark Jedi escapes and becomes a new villain to replace Ventress, should lead to a very interesting sixth season

In that trailer you also see a city (round tower like structure) from the planet SCIPIO (separatist world), the planet where Clovis is from. So maybe it is Clovis who is getting force choked by Anakin or maybe someone else from the planet SCIPIO, he looks to different to be Clovis? Edited by Moemoeng

Just want to point out that there are no more episodes after this next one this season, The Wrong Jedi is the finale. This is the only season with 20 episodes, as three were taken out for an unknown reasons. They were called An Old Friend, The Rise of Clovis, and Crisis at the Heart. Edited by Daeus

Just want to point out that there are no more episodes after this next one this season, The Wrong Jedi is the finale. This is the only season with 20 episodes, as three were taken out for an unknown reasons. They were called An Old Friend, The Rise of Clovis, and Crisis at the Heart.
Really? That's a shame. :(

I loved this episode. The entire first 15mins was almost a replay of 1313's debut gameplay trailer. The references were both sudden and easy to spot. Very good writing, very good animation, good atmosphere and good cliff hanger at the end. This is what Star Wars is to me. So much was done so well in this episode. I cannot wait for the next.

Just want to point out that there are no more episodes after this next one this season, The Wrong Jedi is the finale. This is the only season with 20 episodes, as three were taken out for an unknown reasons. They were called An Old Friend, The Rise of Clovis, and Crisis at the Heart.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the passing of Ian Abercrombie, the actor who did the voice of Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sideous? I do know that they replaced him with Tim Curry (Clue and Rocky Horror), who make his Clone Wars Debut as Palpatine in the season finale.

So

I was wrong, it was Barriss.

Barriss being behind this just doesn't make sense. Why would she be allowed back into the Order AND sent to fight in the Outer Rim sieges after this?!

Seems like, from her speech to the court...she somehow may know something, but like Dooku, it was too much for her to take, and she fell after seeing how corrupted and misled the Jedi could become.